Chapter 05.

Thank you, puppy

Mess 

 

Rachel’s POV

 

“Noona, your face…”

“There are scratch marks on your cheeks. You look ugly,” Namjoon stated. I didn't really have mood to retort.

“Get in,” we walked to the car park and Namjoon said.

I sat at the back with Gongchan. He hugged me tightly.

“Gongchan, I am okay now.”

He let go. I closed my eyes and leaned on his shoulder. I was still frightened about what had happened just now but I didn't want Gongchan to worry about me. My tears formed in my eyes and I cried silently. I felt Gongchan’s hand my hair gently. I fell asleep.

 

Gongchan’s POV

 

I didn't know who this guy is but I could recognize his horrible cologne. He was the one lending me his clothes yesterday. He was a bad guy since he said my noona was ugly. I don’t like him.

 

“Who are you?” he suddenly asked.

“I am Gongchan, shapeshifter, Golden retriever. How about you?”

“Kim Namjoon, or Rap Monster, shapeshifter, wolf. Why do you care about this human?”

“She is my master and my noona. She saved me from death. That's why.” I have to act strong. I don't want him to look down upon me.

“She is just a pure human, don't you have your own sense of superiority?”

“She is more important than those so called sense of superiority. She saved me! I would die if she didn't show up that night! She gave me a new life. How about you? You just saved her as well.”

“What do you want from this human?” he ignored my question.

“Well, nothing. She is my life.” He didn't question anymore.

 

Rachel’s POV

 

“Noona, we are here.” I woke and felt a bit headache.

“Thanks Gongchan,” I got off the car and held his arm. My eyelids were so heavy that I couldn't see anything. Suddenly I felt someone carrying me in bridal style. I sniffed and it was the smell of baby powder. The journey from the road to fifth floor was silent until Kim Namjoon started to talk.

 

“Let her stay in my flat.”

“No, noona can stay in her own flat with me.”

“I can take care of her.”
“I can take care of noona as well!”

“But I know her longer.” Namjoon stated and I felt Gongchan’s grip tightened a bit. I think I should in their argument.

“Thanks for the ride, Namjoon. But I can stay at my flat.”

“Noona is right! We don't need your crocodile tears. Bye!” Gongchan typed in the password of the door lock.

“Hey, I am a wolf, not crocodile!” Namjoon shouted and Gongchan closed the door.

“Gongchan-ah, just put me down. I know I am heavy.” Gongchan placed me onto my bed.

“Noona, should I call Shinwoo hyung or Jinyoung hyung to come?”
“No, let them enjoy their holiday.” They are vets, they only know how to treat animals and shapeshifters.

“Alright… then noona, you stay here and rest,” he said as he my hair. I slept.

 

I woke and went out from the bedroom. OMG is there a thief? Why are the laundries on the floor? The drawers were opened. Everything was a mess.

“Umm…Gongchan, are you here?” I asked.

“Noona, I am sorry…” he walked out from the kitchen.

“What has happened here?” I asked calmly since I didn't want to scare him.

“I-I was finding the detergent and towel for cleaning…”

I took a deep breath and pulled Gongchan towards the kitchen.

“Noona, are you going to punish me…?”

“No, why would I punish you? I just want to show you where the detergents and towels are.” I said as I pointed at the cupboard above the sink. “Oh and why are you cleaning for me?”

“Because I want to help you…” this boy is so kind.

“Alright, just help me to do the laundry, okay?” he nodded and picked up the laundries on the floor.

“Noona, what is this?” he asked and I looked at what he was holding. Oh God, he is an innocent boy.

“Umm… this is bra. Girls wear that to cover their s.” Why am I explaining to him?
“Oh…” he blushed. I want to pinch his cheeks right now!

“Gongchan-ah, just let me do the laundry, please go and close all the drawers.”

 

After a while

“Noona, is that bullets? Why are you having so many bullets? Are you going to kill others?” What? I don't have a gun, what would I have bullets in my home? I went and looked what he was holding. OMG he is holding my tampons. How should I teach him about them?

“Umm… Gongchan, please put it down. This is not bullet, this is something that girls use during their ‘period’.” He was totally dumbfounded.

I cleaned my flat thoroughly. I had washed and folded the clothes that Namjoon lent us. I put them into a paper bag.

“Gongchan-ah, I am going to return the clothes to Kim Namjoon.” He pouted and nodded as he was looking at the television.

 

Ding Dong

Namjoon opened the door. I handed him the paper bag.

“Thanks for lending me the clothes and… you know, saving me.”

“Are you shy?” he smirked and said.

“A-ani…” Why do I stutter!

“Don't go there next time. I don't know what will they do to you if I am not here to save you,” he said and handed me a bottle of body lotion. “This is good for your skin. Apply it on your cheeks and there will be no scars later.”

“Thanks Namjoon.”

“Wow, no more ‘Kim Namjoon!” or ‘annoying Mr. Kim’, huh?” he mocked.

“Noona, Tangled is going to show on TV in a minute! Let’s watch it!” Gongchan came out and dragged me back to my flat. He closed the door rudely. “No more talking to that wolf, noona!”

“Okay…”

 

We watched Tangled together and Gongchan enjoyed watching it so much. I let him to take shower first. Then, it was my turn. I took shower and dried my body. I wore my pajama and looked at the lotion that Namjoon gave me. No wonder he is such a caring person. I looked at the mirror and saw the red marks on my cheeks. My cheeks were scratched by that husky-voiced man. I applied some lotion and I hissed. My cheeks were painful with burning sensation. I hope my cheeks would get better soon.

 

I stepped out the restroom and Gongchan immediately hugged me tightly.

“Sorry, noona,”

“For what?”

“For making a huge mess here today. And for leaving you alone.” He frowned and said.

“Gongchan-ah, don't worry, I am not mad at you. So just go to sleep.” I said as I pushed him towards my room.

“Noona, let me sleep on the sofa,” he said. I knew he is as stubborn as me so I just let him sleep outside. I saw him taking our towel out from the restroom and sniffed. I didn't question and went to bed.

Goodnight, Gongchan.