Chapter 03.

Thank you, puppy

Getting to know you

 

Rachel's POV

 

I realized that he was only in his boxers and he might get cold. Therefore I went to my bedroom and took out my blanket for him. I placed the blanket on him gently and went to kitchen. Should I make some hot drink for him? Then I made two cups of hot chocolate and placed one on the coffee table beside the sofa. I switched on the television and watched some cartoons. I heard a little yawning and I immediately looked at him. Oh he is up.

 

He stared at me with his puppy eyes. I stared at him as well. He blinked. I blinked. I handed him his hot choco and he accepted with his slightly shaking hands. Is he scared of me or what? I don't bite. The atmosphere here was so awkward. Why don't he talk? Fine, I am the host so I should start the conversation.

 

“You are the puppy that I brought home last night?” I asked. He nodded.

“Shapeshifter?” I asked. He nodded.

“Where is your home?” I asked. He shook his head and drank. I could feel my anger was arising because he didn't speak even a word.

“Do you know how to talk?” I asked. He nodded.

“Then why don't you freaking talk?!!” I exploded like a volcano.

“Sorry…” He murmured. Wow you really know how to talk!

“Tell me something about yourself.” I suppressed my anger and said.

“Be my master, noona.” He said. Master? Why? We met for less than a day and he told me to be his master?

“I said, tell me something about yourself.” I said calmly.

“I'm Gong Chansik but you can call me Gongchan or anything you like. I'm a shapeshifter. I'm a golden retriever puppy that will not grow larger anymore.” He answered.

“Okay, then why you want me to be your master?” I asked.

“Because I have no home to go…” he answered and looked at the cup of choco.

“Umm… Gongchan-ssi, I brought you home because I don't want you to get sick. Not because I want to be your master. Since you said you don't have home, I think you can stay here with me.” I smiled and said.

“Thanks noona!” he said excitedly. I could feel his happiness through his tone. He is really cute.

“How about you, noona? I want to know more about you!”

“I'm Rachel. I am a pure human. I am studying in university and working at a veterinary clinic.” I smiled and said.

 

“But first, I think I should buy you some clothes.” I said. “I don't have any male clothes here…”

Then I heard some noise outside my apartment. That must be Kim Namjoon. Oh right! I can ask him to lend me some male clothes and go shopping with Gongchan.

“Gongchan, please wait for me here. I will bring some clothes for you and we will go shopping together. Okay?” I asked.

“Sure, noona!” he answered with his eyes glued onto the television.

 

Ding Dong.

Kim Namjoon opened the door.

“Ummm… Mr. Kim, could you lend me a T-shirt, a pair of jeans and a pair of sneakers?” I asked politely.

“Wow, so polite! I smell something fishy. Huh?” he said. Okay, Kim Namjoon, are you going to lend me or not?

“Please…” I didn't want to tell him anything about Gongchan.

“Alright, if you kiss my cheek.” He said and smirked. I hate you Kim Namjoon. I nodded.

He lowered to my height and faced me. “Both of my cheeks.” He whispered to my ear. I shivered by his sudden action and nodded. For Gongchan. I pecked on his left cheek and then right.

“I'll be right back, jagiya.” He smirked and went into his room. I was stunned by his word. What? Jagiya?

He gave me a white T-shirt, a pair of black jeans, a red hoodie and a pair of red converse.

“I want to see you wearing this pair of converse. You must be very y with them.” He smirked. WTF they're just a pair of converse, they weren't really related to y. Is he obsessed to converse or something? I left his flat without a word.

“Gongchan-ah, come and try them on.”

“Thanks noona!” he ran towards me and took the clothes. “The smell of cologne on the clothes is horrible. Yuck. I like the smell of baby powder more.”

I chuckled. Oh god, this boy is really adorable. He got changed in front of me. The clothes of Kim Namjoon were terribly fit on Gongchan's body.

“Let's go.”

 

We walked to the shopping mall and found some clothes for Gongchan. I was picking some T-shirts and some pairs of jeans while he was staring at me.

“Ummm… Gongchan-ah, can you stop staring at me like a creepy guy?”
“Sorry noona,” he said.

“Try them on, okay?” I gave him the clothing I chose and pushed him towards the fitting room. He obeyed and tried them on one by one. Wow, he looks like a model. I could hear some praises from the salesladies as well.

 

I bought him those clothes and bought him a pair of sneakers and a pair of converse. Fortunately I had a habit of saving up part of my salary. Byebye my savings.

 

Suddenly I heard some weird groaning sound from Gongchan('s stomach).

“Noona, I am hungry.” He pouted and said. How can I say no to his pout!

“Arasso. Let's go and get some food.” I brought him to McDonald's.

“I'm so hungry. I could eat a horse!” he said in front of the cashier. The cashier lady glared at him. I elbowed him and signaled him to stop talking. I ordered some food for both of us and sat.

“Why did you stop me just now?” he pouted and asked innocently.

“Well, apparently, that cashier lady is a shapeshifter and she is a horse.” I answered.

“Oops… Sorry noona…” he said with guilty.

“Never mind, just eat and go home.” I ruffled his hair and started eating.

 

We went to a supermarket and I picked some daily necessities for him. I bought a black toothbrush, a blue towel, few sets of pajamas, and some boxers.

“Gongchan-ah, what size of boxers do you need? Medium or large?”

“Noona, I-I will choose them myself,” he blushed and stuttered. I was acting like a big sister all the time so I forgot he would be embarrassed. Sorry Gongchan.

 

We have done shopping so we walked home.

“This blue towel and black toothbrush is for you. Go and wash up.”

“Noona, can we use the same towel? The pink one of yours?” he requested.

“Ummm… Okay then.” I didn't questioned.

 

Both of us took shower and got ready to rest.

“Gongchan-ah, just sleep in the bedroom. I'll be sleeping on the sofa.”

“No, noona. You should sleep in the room and I sleep on the sofa.”

“No more argument. Go to the bedroom now!”

“But noona…”

“No but! Just go.” I commanded and slept on sofa.

Goodnight, Gongchan.

 

Gongchan’s POV

Noona was so stubborn. I peeked outside the room and saw noona sleeping soundly on the sofa. Noona is my master. She shouldn't be sleeping in the living room. I decided to carry her back to her room. I placed noona onto the bed lightly and closed the door. I took the towel we used together and hugged it and slept. Goodnight noona, thanks for everything.