Chapter 17.

Thank you, puppy

Awake

 

Gongchan’s POV

 

I drank some water and cleared my mind a bit.
“Channie, let’s go.” Baro hyung suddenly popped out from my left side.
“Do you miss your noona?” Sandeullie hyung popped out from my right side.
“Yes, I miss her.” I pouted.
“Let’s go home then!” Baro hyung said. They pulled both of my hands and we left school. We took the bus and went home.
“Umma, we are back!” I opened the door and shouted.
“Hey kids.” Umma replied.
“Did noona awake?” I asked. Umma shook her head and I frowned. Jinyoungie hyung and Shinwoo hyung walked out from the bedroom.
“Oh! You guys arrived!” Baro hyung said.
“Yeah. He ditched class.” Boss Shinwoo said and pointed Jinyoungie hyung. “And he actually arrived in the morning.”
“I am just worried!” Jinyoungie hyung defended.
“Kids. Stop. Sit around me, okay?” Umma sat on the couch and said. Sandeullie hyung sat on the couch beside Umma, Baro hyung sat at another side. Shinwoo hyung, Jinyoungie hyung and I sat on the floor facing Umma. Umma took out a thick book from her bag. The title of the book is ‘The History of Birds’. “This information is very important. My son told you guys about phoenix is the king of birds and she is the posterity of royal family. Since phoenix is the King of birds, she will have special powers that the other animals don't have. For a phoenix, her tears have healing effect. If you have any injury, just apply some phoenix tears onto it and it will heal immediately.”
“Wow! That's amazing!” Baro hyung yelled. Jinyoungie hyung shushed him.
“Second, phoenix’s feather is very expensive. Her feather can glow in the dark. And the feather can be made as a pen, which can write the smoothest among feather pens.” Umma continued.
“Is there people still using feather pen?” Jinyoungie hyung asked.
“Yes. My dad’s friend has some kind of feather pen collections.” Shinwoo hyung said.
“Third, phoenix can control fire. If she is mad, she might light up everything around her with fire, which can be very scary.”
“Noona can get mad very easily!” I was scared.
“Don't make her mad then.” Jinyoungie hyung said calmly.
“Last but not least, phoenix can have a longlasting life. Before getting a longlasting life, every phoenix has to undergo a terrible process. She has to burn herself inside a pot for 100 days, which is very painful. In the history of phoenix, there is no phoenix that can endure for 100 days for a longlasting life. Every one of them gave up after some weeks.”
“Longlasting life is not a good thing sometimes.” Shinwoo hyung said. They continued chatting but I was deep in my thought. Zico told me to help him. He wants noona?
“Why is she transforming now?” Jinyoungie hyung asked.
“I think there is someone protecting her and let her not to transform too quickly. There are some ways to protect her like spells and drinking some medicine.” Umma said.
“Yes! She drinks herbal medicine every Saturday.” I replied.
“But why she is transforming now? She is still drinking the medicine now.” Shinwoo hyung asked.
“There are still some herbs inside the kitchen!” I took it out from the pot and showed Umma.
“The herbs were changed. They can’t cover her identity now.” Umma observed the herbs and said.
“Does that mean there is someone want to hurt her?” Sandeullie hyung asked. Please, I don't want anyone to hurt noona.
“Yes. There were cases like blackmailing, kidnaping and maltreatment. Some of them were killed. So you guys have to protect her.” Umma said seriously. Everyone looked shocked and nodded.
“The herbal medicine was sent from Auntie Boyoung. Will there be any chance that Auntie Boyoung is her mum?” Shinwoo hyung questioned.
“Nah. They do not look alike. Maybe Auntie Boyoung is some kind of maids working for the royal family?” Jinyoungie hyung tried to guess. “Rachel told us that Auntie Boyoung helped her for her education, but she had to stay in the orphanage. Is it a kind of protective measures?” We heard his guessing and nodded.
“Since she has the magic power, I have to teach her to control it later.” Umma changed the topic. Noona is so cool! But from now on I mustn’t make her mad.
“Umma, so what will she give birth to if she has a husband?” I asked. The others rolled their eyes at me. Umma started to read through the pages of that book.
“Half chance phoenix and half chance another type.” Umma answered. I was imagining noona to give birth to some golden retriever puppies. I imagined as I looked at the window, there is a cat outside the window. It walked to the direction of annoying wolf’s flat. That cat is eavesdropping.

 

Namjoon’s POV

 

“Hey bro. Tell me what happened!” I was so nervous. Suga changed back to his human form.
“Chill out man. I am coming to visit you but you told me eavesdrop.” Suga facepalmed.
“Sorry. Please, tell me what happened.”
“Alright. Your so-called girlfriend is a shapeshifter.”
“What? No way! She is a pure human!” I shouted.
“Are you really going to listen to me?” Suga glared at me.
“Okay, sorry. Please continue.”
“She is a phoenix, a posterity of royal family. The royal family actually disappeared because they had to hide their identity or they will be in trouble. Talking about the phoenix, phoenix has special powers like healing tears, glowing feather, fire controlling power and longlasting life.”
“Longlasting life?” I was shocked.
“Yes, after undergoing a 100-days self-burning.”
“WTF. It is terrible.”
“Oh I forgot to tell you. Phoenix is the King of birds.”
“King of birds?” My eyes widened. Suga nodded. “You just mentioned that they will be in trouble, what kind of trouble is it?”
“There were cases that the phoenix or the dragon were blackmailed, kidnapped with maltreatment and even killed.” Suga said calmly.
“What? I have to protect her with my life.” I said sternly.
“Why do you care about that girl? Is she your lover?” Suga questioned.
“Well, she is my crush. But she thought I was just using her to get my father’s property.” I frowned.
“Wow our little Namjoon falls in love!” Suga teased and pinched my cheeks. “Let me take a look of that girl.” Suga changed to his animal form and walked out from the window. I rolled my eyes at his action. He came back after a minute. “Well, I don't really know why you like her. She is so ordinary. You deserve better girl! You are the Kingka!”
“How do you know? You are not studying the same school with me.” I asked.
“You told me once, dumb.”

 

Rachel’s POV

 

I saw myself floating in the sky above the clouds. There were birds chirping around me but I couldn't move a bit. Sometimes I could hear my friends’ voice but I had no idea what they were talking. I could feel my whole body was painful. It felt like all of my bones cracked and my skin was burning. I opened my eyes slowly and I saw some silhouettes around me. I blinked for a few times for a clearer vision. My friends looked at me with worried expressions and I saw Sandeul’s umma was here as well.
“Umma? Why are you here?” I spoke with hoarse voice. Umma came closer and held my hand. I tried to sit up because it was very disrespectful to lie comfortably when senior was standing. However I couldn't move a bit. “I can’t move.” I said.
“Rest, my dear. Rest. I will tell you everything later.” Umma said. Baro gave me a wink. Sandeul flew me a kiss. Boss Shinwoo patted my shoulder. Dr. Jung held my hand. Channie my hair and I immediately fell asleep. I discovered that every time Channie my hair I would fell asleep. I didn't know why but I think he makes me feel comfortable every time he my hair. I would be easily fallen asleep if I feel comfortable. I heard someone whispering into my ears. “Rest well, noona.”

Author's Note:
Thank you subscribers... I have subscribers, finally. 
And sorry for my irregular update because I had low productivity recently... 
Oh, and there will be two endings. You can choose to read A or B, or both. 
I have planned to start another fanfic, certainly after completing this one. 
I hope I can have time to work that out. 
Thanks anyway. LOVE YOU. *Muah*