Chapter 18.

Thank you, puppy

Power

 

Rachel’s POV

 

I awoke after some time. My body wasn't painful then. I felt someone holding my right hand tightly. I opened my eyes and I saw Channie sleeping on the chair, holding my hand.
“Channie.” I said softly. He got up and smiled at me.
“Noona~ Are you feeling better now?” Channie asked. I nodded. “Umma~ Hyung-deul~ Noona awakes~” he shouted.
“They are still here?” I asked.
“Yes. We are still here.” Boss Shinwoo came in and said. Others came in as well.
“How long did I sleep?”
“Before your first awake, you slept for two days. And you just took an one-hour nap.” Jinyoung replied.
“Oh. What happened to me?” I asked as I looked at Umma. Umma told me something about phoenix. I am phoenix? WTF? They must be kidding me.
“No. We are not kidding.” Jinyoung said. ”And, no profanity.” Is he reading my mind?
“No, again. You speak your thought out loud.” Baro said and patted my head.
“Sorry.” I muttered. My stomach started groaning and I realized I hadn’t eaten anything for two days.
“Baro-yah, make some food for Rachel.” Jinyoung said.
“Make fish.” Umma added. Boss Shinwoo came closer and checked my condition.
“You still have a little fever. You have to rest.” Boss Shinwoo patted my head and said. I nodded.
“Is this normal?” I asked.
“Yes, every shapeshifter has to undergo this process when their animal form appears. This process is called transformation.” Boss Shinwoo answered. They took some chairs and sat beside me. I could smell something delicious.
Sandeul took my table into my room. Baro took food and placed them onto the table. Channie helped me to sit up a bit. Jinyoung distributed chopsticks and bowls of rice to us. They started eating beside me. I felt so touched. They could actually eat without me but they didn't.
“Noona! Eat some fish!” Channie placed a piece of fish into my bowl.
“Thank you Channie.” I smiled. I started eating as well. They chatted happily and I looked at them one by one. All of them were worried about me and cared about me. “Thank you for taking care of me. I am sorry I am so troublesome. I make you guys worried.” I said and sobbed.
“No! You are our favourite dongsaeng! Don't say something nonsense you silly.” Sandeul said. I opened my arms and signaled them to come nearer. I hugged them one by one. Channie secretly kissed my cheek when I was hugging him. My face turned crimson immediately.
“Yah! Gong Chansik! What are you doing!” Jinyoung shouted and Channie frowned.
“Oops. Jinyoungie hyung is overprotective again.” Sandeul mocked.
“Jinyoung-ah, relax! Don't over-react.” Boss Shinwoo told Jinyoung.
“Fine.” Jinyoung was sad and went to wash all the dishes for us.

 

“I think I can go to school tomorrow!” I said gladly because I didn't feel painful anymore.
“No!” All of them said together. Wow!
“I told you, you have to rest!” Boss Shinwoo said nervously.
“Fine.” I said and pouted. They stood outside my bedroom and started their discussion. I couldn't hear any of their conversation. Hmph. They came back and sat with me after some time.
“I will be taking care of you tomorrow.” Jinyoung said.
“Alright! Thanks Dr. Jung.” I smiled and said. I looked at the others and I found Channie pouting at me. I think he didn't agree with Jinyoung taking care of me but the others ignored his disagreement. He sat the nearest to me so I took his hand and smiled at him. He grinned at my action.
“I will be here as well. I will teach you about your power.” Umma told me.
“Thank you so much, Umma.” I thanked her. It was already late at night so I told them to go home. They went home afterwards. Only Channie and I stayed in this house. Channie sat on the bed with me and hugged me. I discovered that he had dark circles under his puppy eyes. I touched his dark circles lightly.
“It must be so difficult to take care of me.” I sighed.
“No! It is my pleasure!” Channie smiled and said. This kid…
“Babo.” I smiled and said. “Sleep with noona, okay?”
“Sure.” He lay next to me. He embraced me and I was facing his chest. “Goodnight noona.”
“Goodnight Channie.” I felt myself blushing. This kid is really my cup of tea, but I don't think he feels the same way as I do. I start to fall in love with him. This boy is so innocent and lovable, although sometimes he is annoying. He is a good boy in my eyes, which I want him to be my boyfriend. But I am just a good elder sister who takes care of him all the time in his eyes. I don't think I have a chance anyway. Channie, I hope some day you will know how I think of you.

 

Illuminated the whole room, sun shone and woke me up. I opened my eyes and I saw nothing beside me. Where is Channie? I turned my body to my right and saw Channie changing his clothes in front of me. His back was facing me but I could still see how well built he was. He was only in his boxer, that blue boxer with golden retriever pattern he wore when I first saw his human form in my house. I chuckled and he turned to me. I saw his abs and his clear Apollo’s Belt. Oh my God.
“Good morning noona.” He flashed his charming smile to me but I was still staring his Apollo’s Belt. “Noona! My eyes are up here!” He sounded like pouting.
“Sorry.” My face turned warm. I looked at his eyes. His bed hair made him more charming! HELP! How can this innocent boy have such amazing body!
“Noona you are blushing.” His hands cupped my face and leaned closer. I saw my reflection in his eyes. He leaned closer and closer that I felt like my face was burning. He pecked my lips lightly and I widened my eyes. I felt like there were fireworks setting off inside my body. He looked at me and smiled. We suddenly smelled something weird, like something was burning. Channie turned his head to the desk and he quickly ran out. I looked at the desk and saw a flame burning some pieces of paper. Holy Crap. What happened? Channie ran back with a bucket of water and poured onto the desk.
“Channie, what happened…?” I asked carefully. When he was going to open his mouth and speak, the doorbell rang.
“Noona I get the door first.” Channie walked out. Sandeul ran in and greeted me. His mouth widened when he saw water on the desk as well as on the floor.
“Dongsaeng-ah, are you okay?” Sandeul asked with concern.
“I was shocked. The desk set fire on itself…” I answered with frighten. Sandeul hugged me and patted my back lightly. I felt so scared about the incident just now and I started crying.
“Shhh… don't cry.” I cried on his shoulder. Baro went in and saw me crying.
“Don't cry my princess.” Baro said. “Don't waste your tears.” He wiped my tears away and I nodded.
“Thank you…” I said.
“Deullie, come out. Something happened.” Baro said to Sandeul.
“I knew that already.” Deullie answered.
“What are you two talking about?” I tilted my head a bit.
“Nothing, my princess. Umma will tell you later. Just rest now.” Baro smiled and said.
“Fine…” I sighed. They went out from my room. I was still waiting for Channie. He walked in and went to the computer.
“Luckily I have saved a soft copy in the computer.” He printed something.
“Channie…?” I looked at him. He went to me and sighed. I suddenly felt like I was a burden to him so I frowned. “Did the sudden fire burn your essay?”
“Yes. Don't worry I can print it again.” Channie smiled and pecked my forehead. I blushed again and he stepped back. “I should get going.”
“Alright. Bye Channie.” I said and he left. Umma and Jinyoung walked in.
“We heard what happened.” Jinyoung said with worried in his eyes.
“What happened actually?” I asked.
“Before that, let me talk about what magic power does phoenix have.” Umma started talking. “Phoenix has healing tears.” She told me something about phoenix’s tears. “Phoenix has glowing feather.” She told me about phoenix’s feather. “Phoenix can control fire.” My eyes widened when she said it.
“Does that mean I am the reason of the small flame on the desk?” I felt so guilty about burning Channie’s essay. Both of them nodded.
“Don't worry. You can learn how to control your power later.” Umma said. “This is very important. Listen well. You are the posterity of the royal family. Although they hide themselves right now, they are secretly rich. You might be the next target of gangs because of your background.”
“But… If I don't change my form, no one will know I am a phoenix.”
“No. All birds know. When you first changed to a phoenix, different kind of birds came to your home. They flew outside the window and looked at you.” Jinyoung said.
“So if there are birds inside the gang, they knew you are awoken.” Umma added. “There are cases like blackmailing, kidnapping and killing. The boys will protect you.” I started feeling I was a burden to them. “Phoenix can have a longlasting life after undergoing a process. You have to burn yourself inside fire for 100 days.” WTF?
“Can I not undergo that burning?” I asked.
“Sure. It is not compulsory. But you will not have a life forever.” Umma answered. Actually I don't think I want a longlasting life. How can I take that when all of my friends have to die but I am not?
“Umma, I have a question! How to change my form?” I just started being a shapeshifter. I don't know how to change.
“Simple. By your mind.” Umma answered.
“You keep on thinking you have to your form in your mind and you can change.” Jinyoung said. I tried mesmerizing myself for a few times and I changed! Wow I was such a small phoenix, mostly because I am short. I looked at my wings and waved them lightly. The feathers were lying tidily on my wings. I changed back to human by my mind.
“How come I am so short in animal form?” I pouted and asked.
“Your animal form is actually taller than your human form. You thought you are short but you aren’t.” Umma said. “When you were waving your wings, there are strong wind inside this room but you didn't aware of that.”
“Sorry.” I smiled apologetically.
“And I have to remind you, your feathers will glow so don't change your form in the dark. Everyone can spot you easily.” Umma said.
“Alright! Thanks Umma.” I smiled. I still couldn't believe I am a shapeshifter and I am a phoenix. How can I face it if they are not staying by my side? Luckily I have the boys and Umma who help me when I am facing this difficulty. I am looking forwards to showing them my phoenix form! Please come home quickly, Channie. I miss you. 

Author's Note:
I am really sorry but I tried to update it once a week.
Luckily there is one-day holiday for me to rest and to continue typing for the story.
I am really thankful there is someone waiting for my update.
It is a kind of motiviation for me to continue and not to give up.
Please comment and subscribe. 
Okay I have to go to bed because it is nearly 2 am in Hong Kong.
Love you. Muah.