Chapter 06.

Thank you, puppy

Towel
 

Rachel’s POV

 

We lived together not-so-peacefully. He loved messing around and I have to clean up his mess. I think I knew why he was a puppy. He was a puppy forever because he was always curious about everything and produced a huge mess for the persons around him. Also, his pout and aegyo were his super power, that no one could say no to him when he used his super power. How can you say no to a puppy looking at you with his soul-melting puppy eyes!

 

One thing that I was really curious about, was that why was he hugging my towel to sleep every night. I searched on the Internet and found that puppies would rely on something when they sleep because they have lack of the feeling of security. This action is some kind of dependent nature of puppies. That made Gongchan that cute as well.

 

It was a Friday night. I went home and saw Gongchan sniffing at our towel again.

“Umm… Chan-ah, the towel needs to be washed.”

“No!! Noona, please, no…” he was shocked by my idea.

“The towel is dirty! Give it to me.”

“Nooooo…” he hugged the towel tighter.

“I said, give it to me.” I was going to take it but he suddenly stood and raised his right hand with the towel.

“Get it from me, noona!” he knew I was too short to get the towel from his raised hand.

“I hate you! Gong Chansik!” I said grumpily, crossed my hands in front of my chest and went back to the room. I wasn't mad at all but I knew he would apologize when he saw me mad like this.

 

After less than a minute

“Sorry noona. Please don't mad at me…” he said as he handed me the towel with both hands and kneeled down in front of me. I patted my bed and signaled him to sit here.

“Chan-ah, it’s okay when you sleep with my towel. But it’s kind of creepy that you sniff it. Could you tell me why you did that?”
“Because… I like the smell of our towel… That's the odor of baby powder and vanilla. I like it so much…” he said. “I feel so secure when I sniff at it. I can feel your presence through the towel.” Odor of baby powder and vanilla? Oh he is using baby powder everyday after shower, and I am using the shampoo with vanilla odor. That's why…

“I will bring you another towel to hug it, okay?”

“No… noona, this towel is full of memories… You used it to clean me that day…”

“That day? You mean the day I brought you home?” he nodded.

“Noona, I can’t sleep without this towel…”

“But I really have to wash it. I promise you, I will give it back to you as soon as possible. Okay?” he said nothing and stared at the floor. I went and threw the towel to the laundry basket.

“Noona…” he was standing beside me. “Can you sleep with me?”

I was quite shocked by his request because I hadn’t sleep with any male human (form) before.

“Umm… Chan-ah… Maybe that's not a good idea…”

“Please… noona…” he looked at me with his soul-melting eyes.

“Alright, but only today, okay? And you have to change to puppy form before sleeping with me.” I would feel much better when I sleep with a puppy.

“YES! Thanks noona!” he hugged me tightly and I felt warm.

“Change yourself to puppy before I change my mind.”

He immediately changed to his puppy form and lay down onto the bed. I lay down beside him and looked at him.

“Come closer,” I said as I opened my arms and welcomed him to come to my embrace. He rolled to me. So cute.

“Good night, puppy.”

 

Sun shone through the window and I woke. I was shocked by the view in front of me. Gong Chansik, in his human form, embracing me tightly, in his boxers only. I blushed immediately. I pushed him lightly and he opened his eyes.

“It is not the first time you see me in my boxers. Why are you blushing, noona?” he smirked.

“I… haven’t slept with another male in human form before… so… can you let go of me…?”

“So I am your first?” he smirked again and let go. I didn't answer. “Awww… noona is so cute when you are shy~”

“Put on some clothes!” I said as I looked away.

 

I started my daily routine and I was making toast for our breakfast while the door bell rang.

Ding Dong

“Chan-ah, open the door for me please. That must be the delivery ahjussi.”

“Okay, noona!”

I saw Gongchan taking the delivery into the kitchen and handed to me.

“Thanks!” I tiptoed a bit and ruffled his hair. He smiled sweetly and went to the living room. I started my weekly routine(?) and heated up the herbal medicine. Then I took the toast out to the table and ate with Gongchan.

 

“Chan-ah, why are you changing back to human form when you were sleeping with me?” I said with grumpy tone.

“Because I want to tease noona.” He said and grimaced. I rolled my eyes at his statement.

“Noona… are you mad…? I am sorry… noona…”

“No, I am not mad. Don't worry.” I flashed an assured smile and ruffled his hair. “Finish the toast and get changed, okay?” he nodded. I went to drink my herbal medicine and get changed in the restroom.

 

We walked to the clinic and greeted Boss Shinwoo and Jinyoung.

“Why is he here again?” Jinyoung asked with annoyance.

“I don't think this is a big problem, Jinyoung. I told you not to be so over reacting towards Gongchan,” Boss Shinwoo said and patted Jinyoung’s shoulder.

“Fine,” Jinyoung said and went to his own room.

“Don't worry, Gongchan. That grumpy grandpa always reacts like this,” Boss Shinwoo told Gongchan. Gongchan nodded.

 

I took out the phone and sent message to Baro.

 

To: Super Squirrel Baro

I brought Gongchan to the clinic. Can you guys come earlier and play with him?
From: Rachel

 

To: My lovely dongsaeng Rachel

Sure, my dongsaeng. We are having breakfast. Did you guys eat? Do I need to buy some food for Channie?

From: The most handsome squirrel in the world

 

To: Super Squirrel Baro

We have eaten at home. Just come and make sure he is not bored. Thanks.

From: Rachel

 

Gongchan was looking at my phone with his puppy eyes.

“Noona, can I get a phone too?”

“Umm… Sure. I will buy you one later, okay?” I sighed. Byebye my savings.
“Yay! Thanks noona!” he hugged me.

“Chan-ah, I have to start working now. You stay at the waiting room and wait for Baro and Sandeul, okay?” he let go and nodded.

 

I worked at the register counter again so I could see Gongchan staying in the waiting room.

“Good morning Channie! Good morning my lovely dongsaeng!” Baro walked in and said.

“I am NOT lovely!” I said as he ruffled my hair.

“Good morning Baro hyung! Good morning Sandeullie hyung!” Sandeul walked in and he was eating an ice-cream cone. “Sandeullie hyung, can I have one too?”

“I go and buy it for you, Channie.” Baro said and went out.

“Sandeul, do you think it is to early for ice-cream?” I asked.

“Any time is dessert time, Rachel.” He replied and his ice-cream.

“Channie, I forgot to ask you which flavor you want so I bought you vanilla.” Baro came back with an ice-cream cone.

“Thanks Baro hyung. Vanilla is my favourite!” Gongchan said and looked at me.

“Enjoy you cone, Chan-ah.” I smiled and got back to work.

 

We have our usual lunch date after work on Saturday. We went to have Korean dishes this week.

“Noona, I want bibimbap!”

“Sure.” We ordered the food and waited. We were chitchatting and Jinyoung stared at Gongchan most of the time.

“Hyungs, you know what? Noona is snoring so loud when she is sleeping!” Gongchan suddenly said and I was so shocked.

“What are you talking about! I didn't snore!”
“WHAT? YOU TWO SLEEP TOGETHER?” Jinyoung asked loudly. Other three were shocked as well.

“Yes, noona and I slept together last night,” Gongchan replied.

“Because he can’t sleep without the towel.” I told them about the towel.

“But, still, you two shouldn't be sleeping together!” Jinyoung said.

“Wow, Jinyoung hyung is so protective towards his Rachel!” Sandeul said.

“He is over reacting towards everything.” I said. “And I am not his.”

Jinyoung didn't speak a word afterwards. We ate and left.

 

Gongchan and I went to the supermarket and decided to buy some ingredients for dinner.

“I want to have chicken wings and fish soup for dinner!”

“Sure,” I usually let him decide what to eat.

We went home afterwards. I got changed in the restroom and felt shape pain in the uterus. Oh My. MONTHLY GIFT. Why is it called monthly gift? It is NOT a gift. Oh god, did I do something bad that you have to punish me like this… I tidied my mess and walked slowly towards my bedroom.
“Noona, what happened?” Gongchan saw my painful expression and asked.

“Nothing… just a little pain right here… just get me the heat pack in the drawer under the television...” I said as I rubbed my tummy with my palm. I lay down onto my bed and waited for Gongchan.

 

Gongchan walked in and changed himself to his puppy form. He jumped and lay on my tummy. The warmth from him was heating up my uterus. I felt the pain was slowly going away. I caressed his fur gently and we took a nap together.

Thanks, puppy.

Author's Note: Double Update for today :D