08. US

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here goes the chapter with 8 on it! >< As part of the tradition… (tradition? Haha) I always make chapters with 8 a bit special than other chapters, it could be longer or something would happen, and THIS time, it’s BOTH but don’t expect a lot. haha

 

her dress, since i wanted it simple. :D

 

 

 

Inside the dining hall, Mina just watches Kris walks around. He was indeed good-looking, that anyone who doesn’t even know him would immediately think that he’s the star of the night. Since the night started, Kris wasn’t able to sit, even for a second. He was busy walking around attending his guests. Shaking hands with business colleagues, bowing ninety degrees to elders and seniors and having a short chat with his friends whom he hasn’t seen in a while.

Kris was also very famous with girls. Whenever Mina’s eyes caught sight of a lady or a group of girls, she would see them following him with their eyes as well. Kris has the wealth, crazy circle of friends, perfect family and he’s even blessed with height and a good-looking face. What else could he ask for? Mina let out a sigh at the thought. She doesn’t know if she’s envying him or she’s just happy for such person like Kris who has everything.

“Is there a problem?” Sehun asked when he saw her sighed. She turns to her side and found Sehun who took the spot beside her on the big round table that can fit eight people. “Are you bored?” he added. She shook her head and turns back facing the empty table. Sehun’s friends were busy getting their food at the buffet area, Sunwoo was also with Kyungsoo at the moment on the other table beside theirs with Suho and the married couple Luhan and Nari. “Cold?” Again, she shook her head and gave a curt nod as a sign of thanks for the concern.

There was a minute of silence between the two when Mina felt a stare directed on her. She whips her head to the side and caught Sehun’s eyes widening before he quickly looks away, then grab his glass of water and places the tip on his lips. Just pretending to drink it and glances at Mina who was still looking at him. She chuckled when their eyes met. For her, he looks like a kid who was afraid to look at his mother’s eyes afraid to get caught that he’s not telling the truth.

“You were staring,” she said, a bit shy. “I wasn’t. I’m gazing, not staring.” Sehun answered with a serious tone that brought pink tints in her cheeks. He then drinks the content of his glass. Gazing is indeed a different word. It also shows a different feeling to the sender and the receiver of the action. “Was there something on my face?” she asked, glancing on his side. “Yes.” She then looks at him with round eyes. “Whe-re? Where is it?” Sehun places his arm on the table, faces her and places his temple on top of his knuckles. “In your whole face.”

Mina blinks twice before her fingers touches the skin of her cheeks. She then remembered that Nari placed a small mirror on her pouch, reminding her to always check her face if she needs some touching up. She took it, places it above her legs and shyly looks at her face on it. She checks every side but didn’t see a single dirt or whatsoever in her face. “I.. I don’t see anything.” She said glancing at Sehun, at the same time, still checking herself on the small mirror. “The make up..” Sehun answered. She looks up on him and started.. “Nari unnie told me to take care of it but I don’t know how to—“ “It suits you.” Sehun cuts her off. “Pretty.”

Mina met his eyes and saw the seriousness in it. For a moment there, she saw herself in his brown orbs, just a small evidence that she’s the only one in his sight. He wasn’t teasing her like the usual, he was surely not playing with her either. He looks sincere when he said that and Sehun also gave her a smile before he turns away upon hearing the arrival of his noisy friends.

 

“Sehun, you wouldn’t believe it, you better hurry and check the fruit section. They have a lot of tropical fruits there. You love mangoes right?” Chanyeol said as he sat down on one chair across them carrying two plates of foods. Baekhyun and Kai followed carrying their own plate.

Actually, they already finished their dinner. It was served earlier. The appetizers, the main course and the dessert was served one by one. But since some guests are arriving late, they also provided a buffet area and it is not something the boys will just ignore.

 

“Where’s Tao oppa?” Mina asked since she knows they all went together leaving the two of them alone. Sehun gave her an unnoticeable short glare. He’s clearly not liking the way she addresses him just now, he’s just a year older than them. “He was with Xiumin hyung checking out the seafoods area.” Baekhyun answered her. Mina nodded and takes a sip on her juice.

“I got this for you. I heard you like fruits. Nari noona likes them too.” Baekhyun said passing her the other plate he was carrying. Mina thank him and smiled at his thoughtfulness. Sehun saw their interaction and just rolled his eyes. Chanyeol who also happens to witness them immediately looks for Sehun’s reaction and mentally laugh knowing how simple things can make his friend jealous.

 

Xiumin and Tao arrived also carrying two plates with them. The food area is far from where they are seated so Mina thought they were just too lazy to go back but the fact is, they’re just heavy eaters. “Someone excited is approaching.” Chanyeol said and they all turn to person whom he was referring to. Chen. He reached their table and hastily sat down. “I got curious in the cheese area, so I brought something.” All the boys covered their nose upon seeing what he got and leaned away. Mina stayed and even leaned closer out of curiosity.

Seeing there is a single person who’s interested, Chen remained hype. “Have you tried this?” Mina shook her head. “What is that?” Chen grinned at her. “Blue cheese. Try sniffling it.” Sehun was about to reach out to grab her shoulder for her not to try but it’s already too late. She quickly backs out, scrunching her tiny nose with a disgust expression.

Chen laugh at her although he was already expecting her reaction would be. “I also do not know why this is famous. It tastes bad, smells bad and looks bad. Look there’s mold everywhere.” Mina was still curious and intently listening to her other seatmate, telling her things about the specific cheese. “You just don’t know how to appreciates things.” Baekhyun interrupts and started having a knowledgeable talk with the two.

“Anyway, I’ll show it to Nari noona. I’m sure she’ll like it since she’s born with classy stuffs.” Chen was about to go to the other table but Sehun stops him. “Don’t bother. She doesn’t eat cheese, any kind of cheese. She doesn’t eat foods with cheese on it, even pizza.” Upon hearing it, Chen went back to his seat and looks at Xiumin who’s busy eating sushi. He was looking at him as his next target and slowly approaches him with a spoonful of blue cheese.

Meanwhile, Mina turned silent again. And after a minute knowing no one would notice her leaving as they were busy watching Chen forcefully making Xiumin eats the cheese, she stood up and left the table. She need some fresh air. 

 

He knows everything about her.. even her likes and dislikes…

 

Although it was her first time in Kris’ yatch, she surprisingly remembered the way that leads to the deck area. She saw a couch there, a leather white couch that once your fingers touched it, you can already tell that it’s expensive. She sat there and lock her eyes on the deep blue ocean as she remembers their talk earlier.

 

She was inside Luhan and his wife’s appointed room while Nari is preparing her for the event. She brought many dress to try what would fit her perfectly. After they have found the dress and shoes that matches her, they sat down in front of the mirror to do her hair and makeup.

“How are you two?”

“Eh?”

“I mean Sehun and you.” Nari glanced at her in the mirror and saw her shy yet confused looking face. “It seems like he’s very comfortable with you now,” she started. “You, you would never see that kid touching people unless he feels comfortable with them. For example, Suho oppa. When they are walking, he’ll slung an arm around him as if he’s older, he likes doing things that will pissed the other, but he’s too cute to get mad at.”

 

“Uhm.. I’m sorry but I don’t get the idea of what we are talking about.” Mina was with Nari, the person whom he loves dearly and the fact that she’s older than her making her use politeness in her words makes it very awkward to be around her alone.

Before, when she doesn’t know about Sehun’s feelings for her yet, she feels comfortable with her and even admire her in every aspect. She also sees Nari and her husband as a perfect couple, but now she couldn’t think the same way anymore because she knows, someone is hurting when his eyes sees them.  She wanted to be like her or even be her for a single day, but knowing that existence would hurt Sehun, she immediately let go of the thought.

“Oh, sorry about that. Actually, earlier, I happened to be on the top deck with Luhan and I saw him helping you with your hair.. he likes doing it to me before when we’re on vacation. He would always play with it and sometimes he would purposely make it messier but I don’t mind, because he seems like he’s so serious and putting an effort in doing it for me.”

“That’s only because he loves you so much” she murmured to herself.

“Excuse me?”

“No. No, it’s nothing.”

Nari remained silent until she finishes her hair. The truth is, she heard what Mina said.

“Done.” She looks at Mina on the mirror and smiled at her. “You look pretty. No wonder why Sehun treasures you.”

Mina couldn’t take it anymore, she knows it’s too late, she knows it won’t change anything, she knows Sehun will get mad at her, but she doesn’t care. She wanted to say it now or else she’ll regret the chance. She looks back at Nari on the mirror with a serious expression.

“Sehun doesn’t see me, his eyes were only focused on you. He loves you, Nari-ssi.”

Nari’s smile slowly fades.. “I know. He told me.”

Mina let out a gasp and quickly turns around to face her with a surprised face. Nari sat down on the foot of the bed, facing Mina. She looks down, forced a smile, before she grabs her hands, still looking down.

“You know when Sehun is bothered, he wouldn’t even go and tell things to me, unlike me, who would immediately go to him even with simple things like I couldn’t bake because I don’t have the measuring spoons. He’s the type of person who would keep things to himself. Later, when I decided to marry and move in with Luhan, he suddenly barged in my room, forced a kiss and confessed to me.” Nari paused and closes her eyes to stop the tears threatening to fal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter