18. CHOICE 3/3

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

160627 A/N: Yes this is real. kk Double update. ^^ Enjoy~

 

 

 

 

 

“Ah!”

“Ouch!”

“What are they doing?”

“Ah, seriously!”

“Relax guys. No one is allowed to get mad at this time.”

“Not allowed? After I got hit in the face, I’m still not allowed to be mad?!” Baekhyun complained while rubbing his face to get rid of the snow. “Aish, my precious skin.”

“It’s like a tradition here now. It’s also famous here in DC, people go in this park to play with their friends, family or to total strangers. It’s just the common snow ball fight but since everyone is not allowed to get mad, it becomes hundred times more fun. Imagine hitting people as hard as you want, they may return it but usually, they will just play along.” Nari explained to the boys while they are passing by the said park.

“I suddenly want to join them.” Kai said amused at the scene.

“Go on.” Nari told him as he crouches down to get snow in his palm. “On second thought, I don’t want to join ‘them’.” Kai turns to his friends with a sly smile. “I want to do it with you guys!” he announced as he throws the snow ball in Nari’s arm. “Yah!” Luhan immediately went to rescue and throws back with much force for hitting his innocent wife but unfortunately, he was able to dodge and the ball hits Mina’s chest instead. Kai’s smile grew wide as he can already predict what’s going to happen next and he was right. Sehun then aimed his well-built snow ball to Luhan and they started exchanging throws. Sooner, everyone started throwing at each other, including the girls.

 

 

“Do you also prefer a wedding like that?” Mina turns to her side and found Sehun taking the seat next to her. He wasn’t looking at her but on where she was looking earlier—where a wedding in taking place. The group had been walking around the city for an hour already, instead of taking Nari’s sports cars out of the garage or going on tour vehicles, she told them it’ll be more fun than tiring but in the end they got so tired still and requested for a break in an icecream shop.

“Church wedding you mean?” Mina asked as Sehun handed her a cup of ice cream.

“Yeah, like that.”

“I think every girl dreams of a wedding like that.”

“But Nari had her wedding in a beach. She said it was her dream.”

“Well then, everyone has their own preferences.”

“What about you? What kind of wedding you like to have then? Or place?”

“Me..? I like… a church wedding, although sometimes, I think of garden wedding too. Or maybe in a lake.. but there should be seats covered in pastel color thin silk. There are bouquet of flowers with different colors of roses. The ladies must be wearing a long flowy dresses that matches the guys. I like it to happen in the morning when the birds are still singing, I love that ambiance sound. And also—”

“I think you need to talk to your future wedding coordinator about that when the time comes.”

“Oh. Sorry.”

“You know, Nari got proposed in a private lake area. I think if you’ll see that place, you’re going to like it too.” Mina turns to Luhan and Nari enjoying a shared cup of plain vanilla ice cream. She even caught Luhan trying to feed her with his spoon but she keeps on refusing him. “It seems like he knows her so much. Or girls in general.”

“I bet I know more things about her than him though. I’m the best friend remember?”

“It could be true,” Mina smiled to him before facing the couple again “but each and every one in this world are born to be with someone and that someone belongs to them too, right? I think they are a perfect match. Anyway, what about you? If you were to get married..”

“I don’t know. I don’t have anything a specific in mind.” Sehun quickly replied and smiled to her who’s looking at him with raised brow. “I just want the one I love to marry me. That’s all that matters, right?”

“Wow. Oh Sehun, I didn’t know you—“

“I know. It gives me chills too.” Sehun chuckled and looks down on her cup of melted icecream. “But I was serious though. Even if she wants to get married near the dump or on the edge of a clip, I’ll go. I will do whatever she wants even if it’s embarrassing. If she wants to invite million people or held the wedding with farm animals around, I’m fine with it, as long as she’s willing to marry me. That’s the only thing important to me.” Sehun wraps it up with a lip smile.

 

“Hey,” Sehun knocks Mina’s forehead lightly. “What’s with the look? Do you like me?”

“Eh?” she gasped in surprise. Mina lowers her head and mumbles, “What are you talking about..” she then cleared and looks away. She was indeed staring at him earlier. She definitely loved what he just said. “You were looking at me as if you’re ready to marry me anytime.” Sehun chuckled and stood up. “I’ll go check up on Sunwoo.” Sehun ruffles her hair as he left.

 

“Hey,” Nayeon quickly took Sehun’s seat as soon as he’s gone and Yerin sat across Mina. They actually planned to leave her alone in that table so Sehun would take their place. “What did you talk about?”

“Eh? Uhm… N-nothing!”

“Nothing? Sehun just left this table with a smile almost reaching his ears and now you’re telling us that it’s nothing? Do really think we’ll believe ya? Com’on spill the beans.”

“Really it’s nothing! H-he.. he was just teasing me.”

“About what?” Nayeon asked leaning in interest, battling her lashes at the same time. “The way she’s blushing, I can tell it’s something connected to their relationship.” Yerin joined.

“We were just talking about Nari unnie and Luhan-ssi, I swear.”

“Mina I truly believe you, but your face is seriously telling me there’s something more.” Yerin said.

“Okay fine, I’ll tell it, but not now. Please?”

“Fine~” Both said in unison.

 

 

~~~

 

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Kai found Sehun on the second floor’s balcony, gazing ahead. Alone. “Nothing. I just thought I need fresh air.”

“Isn’t it a bit cold?”

“I don’t mind.”

“Ohkay. Anyway, Sunwoo’s already asleep in our room. Can you pass it to Mina? send her a text message. I do not know where those girls are. I’ve been to their room but it’s empty.”

“They are probably getting some fresh air too.”

“Tch. They aren’t as weird as you.” Kai commented and leaned his back on the cold marble where Sehun is leaning his arm. “Mina likes the cold wind though.” Sehun told him calmly.

“Hey, that reminds me, can we talk about something? It’s just the two of us in here anyway.”

“Is there something we need to talk about? If it concerns you and your narcissism, I don’t want to hear it. I’ll pass.” Kai scoffed, “I’m not like that okay? But it’s about someone else, will you care if I want to talk about Mina?” Sehun turns to him and gave him a look. “Are you asking for permission to make a move on her again?”

“Nah, been there, done that. Well, I’m just wondering, I thought you only gets to be her classmate for a year, how do you know so much about her? Like when we were on the airport, the way you act back there. You seem to know her so well, although given the fact that you two were staying under the same roof for more than a year already.”

“To say it honestly, I’m not very sure myself.”

“But I do have an idea.” Kai turns around and leaned an elbow on the marble stone as well, copying Sehun, but he’s facing him not the dark surroundings where Sehun fixated his eyes. “You know..maybe as the saying goes, if you like someone, you’ll noticed every single thing about her. It includes her little actions, every word she says, noticing her likes and dislikes, able to read her sometimes.. you’re like that right? Could it be that… you like her since then?”

“I do.” Sehun simply replied. He doesn’t need to use more words anyway.

“Wow. you give me creeps. You seriously like her huh? I thought you love Nari noona.” Kai now turned halfway again and faces the trees around the mansion.

“I thought so too. But lately I realized that…. it seems like, I only see her whenever or every time I look on Nari. But Nari’s different, I feel more relaxed with her. I can even tell her things comfortably even then. And to Mina it’s different, our relationship now and then. She was like my best friend before, although I like her, she doesn’t feel the same way so it’s easy to move around her, do things I want to, tell things I want to. But now she seemed ..how should I put this..very lady-like? She looks timid and shy all the time. She still acts like a kid in some occasion but this is not the Mina I knew.”  

“People do change. You haven’t seen for years and of course she’ll act like a lady now, she’s eighteen.”

“I know, but because of that, I feel myself changing as well when she’s around. When she had her haircut, it was the first time I saw her looking like that and to me, she looks really cute. I mean, she never cuts her hair before. But then, my mouth tells her that it doesn’t suit her. Earlier at the airport, I wanted to tell her that she looks really pretty with that make up but what I said is again, the opposite. And when we’re deciding for foods, I even embarrassed her while trying to help her. It’s frustrating, somehow. I’ve been trying so hard these days. I’m being so sensitive and so is she. We’re not like this before..”

“First of all, I’ll admit the third one is partly my fault.” Kais said referring to the food incident when Mina thanked him, provoking Sehun. “It was entirely your fault!” Sehun retorted. “It was?” Kai laughed. “Okay, I apologize. But seriously though, why don’t you just confess to her? I think it’s better to let her know your feelings. These changes, I believe the reason why you noticed them now is because, you don’t look at her the same way again. You like her, you do, but the past is different, you were young back then. And about being sensitive, I think you were only feeling it because you don’t want to hurt her in any way and also, you yourself… is afraid to get hurt again.”

“That makes sense, but still, I don’t think confessing is the right thing to do. I told myself couple to times already that I will treasure her, I will protect her, I will not let her leave me again and that I won’t be a coward anymore—but back then, during Christmas of our middle school, Mina was also scared that she may ruin the relationship she already has with her crush. I’m afraid I may ruin our friendship too.”

Kai exhaled tiredly and faces him. “Sehun let me ask you a question,” Sehun glanced at him waiting for the said question. “If I court Mina and she said she’ll go out with me, what will be the first thing you’ll do? I’m sure you’re not going to say ‘congratulations’.”

“Tch, that’s easy. Beating you up. That’s the first thing in my list.” Sehun glanced at him again and smirked. “I thought so.” Kai chuckled. “So, what if someone stole her away from you will you be okay with that? Back then when she was with her classmate and we saw them holding hands, you started cursing until we reach our classroom. You were that pissed for just seeing her holding someone else’s hand. What more if she starts dating for real? Will you be okay with that?”

“Of course not! I hate it when she attracts other guys’ attention, especially you. I wanted to bury you alive at the airport!!”

Kai laughed hard again, clutching his stomach. “I’m sorry man. I won’t do it again.” Kai said raising his right hand. “After you softened to me like this and even opened things like this to me. I know you trust me as a friend eventhough y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter