24. Odd

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

171126 A/N: there will be a lot of just dialogues here in the latter part cos I’m too lazy to go with details. Sorry. haha

Chapter image has totally no connetion to the story haha ohmy.

 

 

 

 

 

"What took you so long?” The grumpy Sehun narrowed his eyes on the girl entering his car. He had been waiting for her for an hour in their private parking lot. His friends also already left long time ago that he had to spend an hour by himself and..his car.

“I…I had to submit the class’ career plans to our homeroom teacher, it’s almost graduation time and also.. I just made sure that no one will see me coming here.” She is now settled in her seat infront, next to the driver. “Sehun, can we stop going home together?” she asked him as he started the engine while she’s speaking, clearly not minding her excuses. She always has one or two anyway. He’s tired of listening to those excuses that only separates her from him.

“I’m just sending my girlfriend home. Is it wrong to do that? Can’t I do that?” he flatly inquired not showing any emotion at the moment, and also not inviting a negative answer.

“But Sehun, didn’t we agree to keep this a secret for now?” He leaned closer to her and put her seatbelt on as she has obviously forgotten it. His face was just inches away from her, however, it doesn’t make her feel nervous or anything as she is already used to it. She actually always forgets to put his seatbelt on and Sehun won’t bother opening his mouth to tell her, but instead, he will just do it for her. Nari is also like that, Sehun would always put the seatbelt for her, one of the many things that he noticed. There are some similarities between Nari and Mina, the reason why Sehun is confused whom he loves/loved the most since Nari somewhat reminds him of younger Mina and when Mina came back she reminds him of Nari.

“It’s just the two of us know about this, hence, this is still a secret.” Sehun grinned. “If someone sees us then..well, they will leave me no choice. I can’t wait to announce it anyway,” he added with a hint of excitement in his face. She sighed knowing she won’t win against him. “Forget it. Let’s go home. Sunwoo’s waiting.” Sehun smiled and started driving. “He had exams today and he really studied hard for it yesterday. We should reward him with something.” “How about we buy him ice cream? I’ll stop at a convenient store.” Sehun suggested.. “Okay.”

 

 

“Who is he?” Mina glanced at him. They were now at the convenience store looking for chocolate-flavoured ice cream—Sunwoo’s favorite. “Who?” she asked and quickly looked around. He probably saw someone they knew. “That guy earlier in the cafeteria, the one who’s on the same table with you..” he leaned to her “alone.” and made sure to emphasize the last word.

“Ah,” she chuckled a little that made Sehun’s eyes twitch in annoyance and turned away from him to check the other aisle if there’s something her brother will like. “That’s Eunwoo. He’s our classmate, he’s a transferee—“ she was interrupted by a loud scoff from the other. He definitely hates how she introduces him while smiling. “Why?” Mina asked innocently. “Nothing. Continue.” He raked his hair up with his fingers to keep his cool. Mina was not able to notice that he’s jealous so he then decided not to show it.

“Well, he and I were also classmates back in grade school. That’s all.” Sehun grabbed the ice cream from her and went to the counter without a word. Mina looked at him with furrowed brows, he asked him about Eunwoo but he looks like he’s not even interested. When they got back in the car, the interrogation hasn’t ended yet.

“It’s almost graduation time, why did he suddenly transfer?” Mina is now convinced that he is really just plain asking so she is sure that she doesn’t need to explain everything to him but she has no idea why he keeps on asking about him.

“It’s not my story to tell Sehun, I’m sorry. He’s having hard time now that is why he transferred and that is why I also chose him over you the day he transferred to talk about his problem so please be good to him.” Sehun just rolled his eyes and muttered “As long as he doesn’t stand in my way.. he will have a peaceful life. ” Mina punched his arm. “Sehun!” He rubbed the spot she aimed and surrendered. “Fine fine!” It wasn’t a light punch after all. “You’re so small but you punch like Baekhyun.” Mina lifted her arm about to hit him again. “Baek punches like a girl okay? There’s nothing to be mad about, psh.”

“Anyway, why do you seem so interested in him?” Mina asked facing him, wanting her curiosity to end. “Just…I feel like my blood boils whenever I see him. Especially, when I see him next to you.” Her eyebrow raised in his answer. She wasn’t expecting this actually. She coughed a bit and lowered her head before she smiled. “You’re jealous?” she questioned as she looks up on him again although it’s obvious already. “No, but rather I want to be possessive. I’m your boyfriend right?” She liked that line but she forced herself not to show it and cleared . “Tch. He is a friend of mine and I’m not interested in him nor he is to me so please don’t bother him, okay?” She asked him more like warned him. ”Like I said, as long as—OUCH! Mina, stop punching me!” She stuck her tongue out to him. “You deserve it.” Sehun felt the urge to kiss her there and there upon seeing her lips but he doesn’t want to do it without permission so he just pinched her cheek, annoyed by her cuteness.

 

“Change Topic. Mind telling me where you’ve been this morning?” he glanced at her and added, “with my mom.” Mina her lips. She was hoping he will just let it slide as she doesn’t want to lie to him at all cost but unfortunately, he remembered. “Uhm, we drove Sunwoo to school, she said she wants to do that, so we did.” They now reached the intersection road. It indicates that they are near the house. Thankfully enough, discussion a.k.a interrogation will be over soon. “After that? You didn’t attend your morning classes, I checked it myself so don’t even try lying.” She gulped. “Well, your mom... uhm.. just can’t decide on something. She said she feels like she needs my opinion.” It is actually the truth. Hence, she wish he won’t ask more, but he did again, “Like what?” Here goes the first lie. “…car.” Sehun’s forehead creased. “She bought a new car? Also, she had never been doubtful about something or anything before. She decides quickly.” She shrugged and looked at the window. She doesn’t want to utter the second and another lie to him.

 

 

~~~

 

 

“Son! Why did you call? Do you want to eat dinner together? I know a place—” Excitement was evident in her voice as Sehun doesn’t usually, well, rarely calls his mother even if she’s in Korea. “Mom, you didn’t tell me you wanted to buy a new car? Again.” “What? No, I didn’t. Who told you?” she was surprised as to why he was asking such question. First, he never cared whatever she buys before, and second, he sounds like he’s scolding her for wasting money on something. This kind of situation is completely new to her. “Mina. She said you asked her to come with you just because you can’t choose. Mom, she’s a school girl. She has classes she wasn’t able to attend to because of you. She isn’t like you who can just do whatever you want!”

“Son,” she seriously uttered. “Are you raising your voice at your own mother?” Sehun sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes. He didn’t notice it. “No, mom. I’m sorry. I-m just—“ “I get it. I’m sorry too, son. I won’t do it again. I should have been more attentive. Also,” she giggled before continuing “I should have known, I need to ask for your permission first before I kidnap your girlfriend.”

“Mom, she’s not—“ “Ah-ah. You can’t hide anything from your mother, kid. Don’t worry, it’s not that I’m against it. By the way, I will stop by there again tomorrow morning before you go to school but I won’t be stealing your girl. See ya!”

As soon as the call ended, he received a message.

From his ‘girlfriend’.

     I will be home late. I have to go somewhere after I finish my work and leave the café. Please check on Sunwoo before you go to sleep. Thanks Sehunnie.

He was typing a reply to ask her where she’s going and who is going to be with her when another message arrived.

I will be with a friend.

And another one.

Female. 

"Psh. She knows me well.” He chuckled and typed “Okay. Be safe.” as his short reply since she already answered his questions.

 

 

-------------

 

 

“Come on in! I’m sorry for bothering you at this hour.” Nari immediately apologized as soon as she opened the door for Mina and let her enter their house.

“No, I really don’t mind. I usually sleep very late anyway.” She told her as she enters, so she’ll stop worrying.”

“Would you like something to drink? Do you need anything?”

“Uhm, maybe water? I ran here as soon as my shift ended so I’m a little thirsty.”

“Ran?!” “No, not literally.” She waved her hand, dismissing what she have said and giggled.

“I just walk. Your place is near my café.”

“Ah really? I didn’t know, I should have fetched you.”

“It’s okay, I need some exercise anyway.”

“Okay then, please take a seat first, I’ll get some water.”

When Nari left her at the doorstep, her eyes immediately wandered around. It was her first time at this house owned by Nari and her husband. She’s been to her house before since Sehun and his friends usually go in there at any occasion. It was her first time here in their new house. It is surely bigger than her house back there at Sehun’s neighbourhood but still look bigger than Sehun’s mansion and probably half-sized of her parent’s huge mansion in America judging from the wideness of the living room where she is now and the view she saw outside when she arrived.

 

“Wow.” To her, it looks very simple, couch is plain white and most furniture were made of glass and wood. Walls are cream white too with combination of yellow and white lamps in every corner. The house is also surrounded by glass and woods that makes it look old style yet modern-looking. There are gold lining here and there and it looks real gold too. It’s very fascinating to her. Even the paintings and décor around amazes her with their simplicity yet still looking elegant and expensive.

“Here you go.” Nari returned with the glass of cold water.

“Thank you.” She took a sip and immediately talks about her observation.

“You house looks really nice.”

“Oh. Thank you.” She giggled a little.

“My husband gave this to me and well, he didn’t even let me design it ‘cos everything is already done. Not that I mind. He was able to capture my style and likes anyway. Guess he knows me so well.”

“I think there are some similarities with your old house. I noticed the colors as well as the paintings.”

“Ah. Some of the paintings are from my house. He also copied the pattern of colors in my house like dinning should have some red colors and kitchen to have some yellow spots. He said he doesn’t want me to feel that this place is so foreign. We also shop for some things together, things that we are going to use personally, like our mugs and bed sheets, so that I won’t feel bad for not taking part in the process. By the way, this house was a surprise to me so he made everything by himself.”

“I see. I’m starting to love your husband eonni.”

“Well, too bad, he’s married already.”

“Then I’ll be the other woman.”

“Oh then, I’ll have to kill if that happens.”

“You are such a bad woman.”

“Maybe.” And they laugh together.

 

 

~~~

 

 

“Why do you suddenly need to make a cake?” Mina asked while watching Nari rearranging the table and preparing the ingredients.

“My friend Eunji asked me to bake a cake for her fiancée, who is also a friend of mine, but it was so sudden. We decided to just give him gifts but she suddenly thought of throwing him a party. I asked her if she could help me but she said she has to buy gift because she even forgot to do that. No surprise because even during highschool she always forget to do her homework. I also thought of just buying a cake, but then I wanted to at least exert some effort. I actually have enough time earlier but I burned the one I made earlier and the party will start at 10.”

Mina looked up on the wall clock to check the time. “We only have more than an hour left, that’s enough right?” she sounded so unsure. She has no idea what kind of cake will they make so she can’t be sure. She tried baking cakes many times before for Sunwoo since they can’t afford the cakes in the market but she only uses cheap and less ingredients for small one only. She had never tried making a real cake.

“Yeah. Definitely ‘cos you are here to help me so I’m very grateful you came.”

“I’m glad to help. So, how do we start?”

 

~~

 

“eonni, where is Luhan-ssi?” Mina asked while preparing the mixture for the icing.

“Ah, he’s not here yet. He’s still at work but he’ll be back soon.”

“It’s already late. Shouldn’t he be at home now?”

“Yeah. He works late these days..” she was frowning a bit when she said that then she turned to her with a big smile.

“Since I’m very worried, I usually visits him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter