12. Unusual

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: so many happenings in a day of Mina’s life, that it took a whole chapter and half of the next haha.

 

 

 

 

“Mrs. Kim, the milk arrived.” Mr. Kim, Sehun’s driver informed the eldest maid. They are both Kim, but they aren’t related. That is why sometimes, even the Oh family gets confused on them. Mr.Kim is readying Sehun’s car at the moment while Mrs. Kim is cleaning the front garden area near the front door.

“Mina!” Mrs. Kim called out inside. Luckily, just on time, Mina was walking with Sunwoo to the dining room. She just finished preparing him for school and about to eat breakfast.

“Neh?” Mina answered as her feet drags her to the location of the owner of the voice. “The milk is here.” Mrs. Kim told her as soon as she saw her. Mina told Sunwoo to wait for her as she ran to the gate to get it.

 

“They are still delivering newspapers too?” Mrs. Kim noticed that Mina is holding the bottle of fresh milk in one hand and the daily newspaper on the other. “Seh—Young master likes to read them too. That’s why I told them to continue delivering them, Mrs.Kim.”

“Ah, is that so. Okay, hurry now. You’re going to be late for school.” Mina slightly bowed at the elder and who is almost like their mother in the house before she and Sunwoo walks to the dining room on the west side of the house.

 

“Sunwoo, go and take your seat. I’ll get our breakfast ready in the kitchen.” Sunwoo nodded at her and climb the chair to sit and wait for his sister like he always does every morning. 

 

 

“Daddy!”

Mina froze. Her round black eyes were wide open and her right hand holding the bottle of freshly delivered milk hanged in the air as the liquid keeps coming out and the glass under is already filled. 

She is hundred percent sure that the voice she heard just now belongs to her little brother. Sunwoo’s father, or so to say, her father as well, died three years ago. She was there. She was there that time.

So why in the world would the child shout something like that? It was also very evident in his tone that he’s happy while uttering that single word.

Mina immediately took her hands off the bottle, carefully placing it on the tiled counter as quickly as she can and ran outside to the dining room where she left Sunwoo.

 

Mina was welcomed by warm smiles emitting from the two young males of the house. Although it was nice to look at it as she felt like smiling too, she went out to look for something and that is something she should do first before anything else.

She looks around, every corner, but she wasn’t able to see that specific person. She looks back at the child and saw him happily chatting with Sehun now.

Was it just my imagination? she asked herself looking at the back of Sunwoo’s head with furrowed brows and titled her head to the side. Maybe it is.. Mina shrugged and ran back to the kitchen.

Sehun’s eyes followed her too. Apparently, he noticed her looking around as if looking for something and her eyes were fixed on Sunwoo after. He just had no clue what is she up to or what is happening to her.

 

“Good morning.”

Just like the usual, Mina need not to look at him as she already recognized the voice. “I’ll be done in a bit, so just wait there with Sunwoo.”

“Where is Soojung?” Sehun asked. Of course, Sehun would notice, because Soojung would always help her in preparing their breakfast while other maids are busy with other chores. Mina continued placing plates on the tray while talking to him. “She went to the supermarket early. ‘It’s Sale day today, so I must be there before sunrise’, that’s what she said. But she already prepared some of the foods before leaving.”

Mina lifted the tray but a hand stops her. “I’ll take this.” Right at that instant, Mina felt her face burning up as Sehun’s fingers were half overlapping hers on the tray holder. She quickly pulls back her hand to avoid the contact, and of course, Sehun wouldn’t miss that. He places down the tray once again and lean closer to her face in which she immediately hides from his eyes.

“You haven’t greeted me yet.. Good morning, Mina-ssi.” Sehun said it with a cheerful tone but his face doesn’t seem cheerful at all. He knows there is something that bothers her. “G-good mo-morn-ning, young master.” Mina bit her lower lip as a punishment to herself for stuttering so much, making it more obvious than already is.

It is the first time she sees him after the day she realized her feelings and confessed it to herself. It felt really embarrassing on her side. She can’t seem to look at his face and it’s becoming harder as she can also hear her heart pounding. It bothers her and it’s not helping at all. “I told you never to call me like that ever again and what’s with the tone?” Sehun straightened up and exhaled before he lightly knocks her crown with his forehead. His hands were still holding the tray so he couldn’t use it. Then he left.

 

Aish, Mina-ya, you shouldn’t let your guard down and protect your feelings. Okay?! Never to act like this infront of him again! She scolded herself while readying the another tray of foods.

 

~~

 

“Noona?” Sunwoo who is sitting across her called. “Hm?” Sunwoo looks around before he faces her again. “Where is Jung noona?” Mina smiled at him teasingly

“Aw, baby misses noona already?”

“You seem to miss people a lot these days,” Sehun ruffled his hair before turning to Mina. “He even asked me about your friend Jimin last week too. I guess he just randomly noticing people’s absence.” Mina quickly looks away from him as soon as he finished talking, afraid her cheeks will betray her if her eyes locks itself in his face longer until it gets satisfied. “I see., noona just went to the supermarket, she’ll be here soon. Once you arrived from school, she’ll be here to play with you again.”

“Oh!, earlier too when I came down, he said he missed daddy so much too.” Sehun excitedly reported and shows her his crescent eyes before turning to Sunwoo. “Right?” Sunwoo nodded, smiling too.

It’s so lovely to look at their faces but Mina felt herself stiffening. She also gulped before she uttered the word, repeating it to make sure she heard it right. “Da..ddy?” Sehun nodded, not tearing his eyes from Sunwoo.

Mina then kicked his leg under the table, and glared at him. Sehun hissed to himself in pain while looking at her with confused eyes. Mina turns to Sunwoo, who’s went back eating and busy chewing the hotdog. She then leans on Sehun’s side, and Sehun automatically leans as well since she can’t go any further. “Will you please stop mentioning our father? He’s just a kid! Don’t you have mercy?” she hissed. Sehun leaned back, looks at her weirdly before he cracks up laughing.

What’s so funny?

“Sunwoo-ya, could you please tell your sister who is your daddy now?” Sunwoo innocently pointed him with his small index finger that is covered with ketchup and his lips were puckered on his direction as well. “No, tell it to your sister.” Sehun ordered still chuckling.

Sunwoo his ketchup-covered finger while looking at Sehun with puzzled look before he obliged and turns to her sister. “Sunwoo’s daddy,” he pointed at Sehun again while looking at his sister.

If Sunwoo felt confused, Mina is more than confused on what is happening. “Why?” she only managed to only say this as her head is in mess.

The two boys shrugged. Mina looks at her brother, “Why would you call him daddy?” then turns to Sehun. “And why do you have to be his daddy?”

They just shrugged again, cutely. Had to admit to herself, they look so adorable, especially when they are doing it at exactly the same time, but she need to focus.

“Because it’s… cute?” Sehun simply said, not giving any thoughts at all.

“But Sehun! Other people will get the wrong idea, especially you two goes out together a lot!”

“I don’t mind..” he honestly answered.

“I mind! Geez!” Mina exhaled exasperatedly before continuing. “You’re too young to be a father, what if our school mates saw with him on the streets? You also came from a known family, what if media misunderstood it? You shouldn’t—” “Hep hep hep, stop.” Sehun shows her his wide palm before closing it leaving his index finger.

“Will you please stop worrying? Don’t worry, my fangirls won’t create humor about it, they will even find it cute once I tell them that my niece is calling me daddy. If you’re that worried then when we go out, I’ll be careful not be recognized. Are we okay now?” Sehun shows her a smile before it turns to frown. “There’s also Kai, he’s calling him daddy too. I got jealous that he’s calling him differently so I told Sunwoo last week to call me that too. He seems to like it, so I don’t see any problem with that.”

After listening to Sehun, she then turned silent. Letting her hair falls down to the side, to hide her face from the two boys.

Sehun thought that she’s thinking of a comeback to make him feel wrong, hence he smirks when it took her so long to speak again. But then, he heard soft sobbing sound coming from her.

“Maeng, are you crying?” He then heard her sniffling so he quickly left his seat and kneeled beside her, turning her chair to him so he could see her face. When Mina felt his pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter