07. Closer

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I’m not writing daily happenings, I mean, I’m skipping days like today is Monday then on the next update it’s Saturday.. it goes like that. :D

 

 

 

 

It was a lovely Saturday, finally there’s no class and they don’t need to wake up so early, especially her. Mina is currently chopping veggies in the kitchen. Sunwoo doesn’t like eating vegetables so Mina would chop them into tiny pieces until he can’t see the bits of it, sometimes she will serve it raw and will force him to eat it, bribing him or whatnot but for today she’s preparing a juice.

“Good morning Mina!” Soojung greeted when she passes by in the kitchen heading out to get the daily newspaper being delivered every morning in case Sehun is in the mood to read. Sehun parents were still abroad and will not be back in about 8 months so he is the only master in the Oh household up till that time. “Good morning~” she hollered back.

“Good morning young lady.” One of the maids greeted her as she enters the kitchen. “Good morning Mrs.Han.” Mrs. Han is one of the kindest maids. Although all of them were nice to her and his brother, Mrs. Han felt like a mother to them, she would constantly check up on them and helps her every time. “Is there anything I could help you with?” Mina smiled to her, feeling thankful that she’s always at her back just like Soojung who is like a sister to her. “Nothing, I’m almost done, Mrs. Han. Thank you.” The latter nodded. “Then I’ll just help you arranged the table there.” And then, she’s gone. The dining area is a bit far from the dirty kitchen, that is why they are using trollies in serving foods.

 

Mina continued chopping, she heard the door opening again followed by light footsteps, knowing it’s just another maid, she just greeted and glance back for just a mere second, not even letting herself see who’s the person.

All of a sudden, she felt something pressed on her back, and it’s warm.

Just then, two thin pale arms appeared on her both sides, palm rested on the edge of the table, caging her on her spot. Sehun pressed his chest on her back before he places his chin on top of her head. “Good morning.” He groggily greeted with eyes close. “G-good morning..” Mina was expecting him to move after she greeted back but instead he stayed there, too long for her liking.

Of course, things like this doesn’t matter since it is Sehun, but the things is, he’s doing it like it’s the most normal thing to do. They are friends, best friends rather, but does friends do something like this? Something this intimate? Especially at this early hour?? She has no idea what to do next, how can she make him go away, should she just push him? She just can’t let him there because she can already feel that she’s slowly having a hard time breathing at the close proximity.

“Sehun.. I’m holding a knife..” That’s what came out of her lips after thinking it for almost two minutes. She couldn’t think of anything else. Mina felt him slowly moving. Sehun opened his eyes and peep through the space on her neck and shoulder. He already noticed it before when he entered the kitchen, he heard the chopping sounds, but her back… it looks irresistible to him. Well, as the saying goes, man likes their wife’s back when they are cooking, although she isn’t a wife. Yet.

Still feeling really sleepy, he slowly lifted his arms and snake its way around her thin stomach making her eyes bulged in surprise. Then he moves his head and transferred it to her shoulder. He rested his right cheek on top of her shoulder and faces the left. It was one of Sehun’s habit that is only applicable to Nari. Before.

Sehun does it when he’s feeling down, when he feels like he needs care and comfort, when he misses her and when he’s just lazy. And now, he’s doing it with her. But this time, Sehun is completely aware that she’s Mina and not his best friend Nari—whom he fell in love with. He just felt like doing so.

Mina felt a little ticklish as his soft hair brushes on the delicate skin of her neck as Sehun looks for a comfortable position and finally settled when the middle of his jaw and cheekbone rested on the bone on top of her shoulder. “It don’t care.” His voice was soft, yet husky. And to Mina, it does sounds.. y. Sehun surely wanted to sleep more, but he’s still here, already left the comfort and warmness of his bed. Then he continued, “I know you won’t hurt me anyway.”

 

Pounding. That’s all she could hear at the moment.

Her heart is pounding. And it’s too loud.

 

“Noona. Good Morning.”

Mina quickly grab Sehun’s hands and removed it from her waist. “Good morning baby.” She walks towards him and lowered herself to give a kiss on his cheek and head.

“Good morning hyung.” Slowly, Mina turns to where Sunwoo is looking. Sehun remained on the same place where they stood earlier. “Good morning.” His eyes then shifted to Mina, “I’ll just go take a quick shower, I’ll be back in a flash. Let’s all eat together.” Mina just lowered her head giving him a nod. Sehun smiled to Sunwoo and kisses his head as well before ruffling his hair.  

For a moment there, although she didn’t look up, she was sure that she saw Sehun giving her a smirk.

He probably just did that to tease me again!

 

~~

 

“Hyung, why are you not eating?”

“Hyung is sleepy, Sunwoo-yah.”

“Why?”

“I feel tired.”

“why?”

“Because, I sleep late”

“Why?”

“Because I couldn’t sleep.”

“Why?”

“Because I played computer games until midnight..”

“Why?”

“Because it’s fun!”

“It is?”

“Yes, you will—“ “Sehun, you don’t have to elaborate everything, he wouldn’t understand it anyway. He’s just a kid.” Mina interrupts, as she walks towards them. She places a napkin on Sunwoo’s chest to protect his clothes and brought the utensils in his hand. The two adults were now in his both sides.

“Yes, he can. He’s a boy after all. You don’t know anything about boys’ codes. He could understand me, unlike girls like you who knows nothing but make ups and rainbows and unicorn that doesn’t exist.”

“Excuse me, since when I talked about make ups? I don’t even wear those. And unicorns? Seriously Sehun?”

“That’s—“

“Hyung, Noona, we’re eating, please stop fighting.”

Sehun and Mina went back on their seats as quiet as possible, surrendering on the kid.

“Sorry,” they murmured at the same time.

 

~~

 

After getting himself ready, Sehun went to check on Sunwoo. They will always hang-out outside during weekends since Mina would be busy in household chores and her work in café.

When he got there, he saw Mina combing his hair and Sunwoo is fully dressed already.

“Maeng,” Sehun called from the e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter