09. Princess

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Please accept my apology. Sorry for the long wait. >< But now that semester ended, you can expect updates again. :D

 

 

 

“Maeng, you’re still you, and I’m still me. We’re still friends aren’t we? Nothing had changed between us. It’s still us.”

 

She doesn’t know why those sentences Sehun told her earlier had such an effect on her. Up till now that they had reached her assigned room, her smile remained engraved in her lips. She also couldn’t face or look in his face yet as she’s afraid she’ll turn to a red tomato.

Sehun left her on the edge of the bed while he looks for the first aid kit. After searching and wasn’t able to find one, he called his best friend Nari. He was told that she’ll check if she brought it with her before ending the phone call.  Soon after, Luhan came inside the room in her behalf, carrying the small box. He quickly hands it to Sehun and asks him. “What happened?”

“Just a scratch.” Sehun answered and said ‘thanks’ almost inaudible. The two were already in good terms but Sehun’s attitude towards him is still there, although he’s trying his best to let go of the past.  

Meanwhile, Mina felt a little star struck seeing him up-close. She thought he’s handsome from the first time she sees him with Nari but now that he’s clad in royal blue tux with his hair combed back, he became even more handsome in her perspective. Then, she remembered that Nari is wearing a white long dress with a touch of royal blue as well. Couples, they’re just too cute.  

 

 

Sehun gets the alcohol and a cotton ball first to cleanse the wound. He pressed it lightly and looks up to her for any reaction. That time, Mina was still looking at Luhan, admiring him with her sparkling eyes. Feeling a little irritated and jealous at the same time, he pressed the cotton harder on her wound that made her jolt in pain. “Careful!” she almost yelled at him and closed her eyes in pain while grabbing a fistful of cloth from her dress. Immediately regretting his action, he blows her knee to dry it quickly.

Luhan excused himself to go back to his wife and the two nods at him. Mina followed him with her eyes out till he closed the door behind him. “He’s married. How many times do I have to repeat that?”Sehun uttered in monotone. She whips her face back to Sehun with a surprised and embarrassed expression. “I-I.. I know that!” she quickly averted her eyes to avoid his.

Sehun just rolled his eyes and decided to let of that topic. “You couldn’t stand up earlier, did you sprained your ankle too?”

“I..think so..”

Sehun lift her leg and her bare foot up to his chest. He is now sitting on the floor. Take note, Oh Sehun, an heir, is sitting on a cold wooden floor. Carefully and slowly, Sehun twist her ankle. Hearing a silent hiss of pain from her, he slowly puts down her feet back to his thigh to rest. “I don’t know what to do with this.” He looks at Mina with his usual serious yet worried face. “Let’s see a doctor tomorrow. Kris has a personal doctor here. For now, avoid moving it, so you won’t get hurt.”

Mina nodded, thanking him at the same time. Sehun then gathered the stuffs he used to put it back to Nari’s small first aid box.

“After it heals, let’s go somewhere.”

“Eh?”

He closed the box and meet her eyes again.

“I said, let’s go somewhere, together.”

“Where are we going..?”

“Up to you.” Sehun places her injured foot back to the floor and stood up.

Mina pauses to think before hesitantly voicing out her thought. “Eat ice cream…?”

“it’s autumn, almost winter. Too cold.”

“But.. don’t we go out to eat icecream before too?” She remembered the times they will head to icecream shops when it’s snowing in their area. Just because they find it fun to feel so chilly inside and out.

“Before I always go along but you can’t make me now.”

“Even if it’s my treat?”

“No. Even so.” Sehun walks to the bathroom to wash his hands.

“Then what do you want to do?” Mina asks slightly felt a little disappointed that Sehun didn’t want to do the things they like in the past. He doesn’t seem to care anymore regarding their past, especially if it involves her? She looks down playing with her fingers.

 

Since the door is slightly ajar, the talk continues. “Let’s go on a date.” Sehun said looking at her through the mirror beside the sink while drying his hand. Mina perks up, surprised. “DATE?” She didn’t know that Sehun could see her from there, she was only looking at the door. He chucked silently before he composed his face and went out. 

“Why are you so surprised? A friendly date of course. We always do that even before.”

“Oh. Right.” Mina cleared and looks away with restless eyes. “Where do you want to go then?”

“I don’t know. You choose.”

“Cinema? Should we watch a movie?”

Sehun looks at her before he chuckled. “You serious?”

Mina pouted and looks on the ground. “Then.. you decide.. I’m sprouting nonsense anyway. Nothing gets your approval.”

“No, I just thought you’ll think of something extraordinary since I made you choose. Turns out you’re still the same person I know.” He smiled at her and ruffles her hair. “What does that mean?” Mina asked a little irritated since she doesn’t know if she’ll take that as a compliment or an insult.

Sehun kneeled down infront of her again. His hands were placed on her sides, on top of the sheets, caging her again with his arms. He was looking up on her and their faces were close enough for her to hear his soft breathing since the room is too quiet. Only the sound of the air conditioner can be heard. Mina gulped and took all the courage to look back in his mesmerizing eyes that glimmers as the light touches his brown orbs. “It’s nice to see that you’re still the person who easily gets contented with simple things.” Sehun smiled. And at that moment, Mina felt herself holding her breath. He was close and he’s showing his rare smile.

Before she could enjoy the moment, Sehun placed an arm under her knee and another on her back before he lifted her off the bed. “W..hy?” He just glanced at her. “You should wash up first, I’ll replace the s after before I go.”

Sehun brought her to the bathroom and pulled her luggage inside as well, since he doesn’t want to take her things out for her. Sehun played with his phone while waiting. He’s already used waiting too long when a girl takes a bath since he always waits for Nari to wash up before he could ask for help in his homeworks. But Mina’s different.

Not expecting her to finish so soon, Sehun laid on the bed comfortably, stomach flat while enjoying the game. While he’s busy defeating an opponent on the game, Mina came out while limping.

 

Sehun felt a small movement that tore his attention away from the game. “Oh. You’re done?!” There’s an evident surprised in his voice. Mina looks on him weirdly before she nodded. Sehun quickly sat properly. At the same time, Mina took off the towel that holds her hair. Sehun looks around looking for something specific. “I think I’ve seen it in the bathroom. Want me to help you?”

“Huh?” Mina stops rubbing the towel on her hair.

“You need to use the blower right?”

“How’d you know?”

“Nari does it everytime she’s done washing up.” Nari again. Why do I feel jealous whenever he mentions her..?

“Oh. I dried it a bit already.” He didn’t listen to her and stood up to get the blower he saw on the bathroom’s sink.

Sehun went back holding the blower in one hand and grabs a chair with the other before he sat down beside the bed. “Turn around, I’ll help you.”

“Seri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter