13. Winter Break

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

160510 A/N: Sorry again for the long wait. >< out with friends, mothers' day then election day. tsk

not edited, forgive my mistakes! T^T

 

 

 

 

 

“You seem to get along really well with them,” Sehun commented glancing back at the classroom they just left. Mina did not response, unable to hear what he said. The scene earlier still lingers in her mind when Sehun held her, almost hugging her to prevent her from falling. He was that close again. And once again, it wasn’t easy to order her heart to calm down.

“But, why.. there’s only three of you cleaning?” Sehun leaned a bit to see her face while walking, and that little action woke her up. “Uhm.. the other two already left, that was our topic earlier too. They always leave us halfway.” Mina looks up on him. “Why’d you ask?”

“Nothing. At least you have two friends with you now. When we were in middle school, you are always left alone to do all the things by yourself. No one even stayed to help, aside from the vice president Seolhyun.” A smile automatically appears in her lips, remembering the old times. Sehun always go to her classroom back then waiting patiently outside till she’s done. Just like today. “You still remember that?”

“Of course!” Sehun tone sounds like he’s mad, but he wasn’t and his voice lowered as he continues.. “You look so pitiful that I can’t bear to just watch and wait for you. But every time I offer help, you would always tell me that you can do it by yourself and that is because you hate it when people looks down on you and make you feel weak.”

Mina suddenly halted in her tracks but Sehun didn’t noticed her and continued walking as his eyes were locked on the ground. He noticed that…? Another happy smile crept in her lips before she catches up with him.

“Next time if it’s just the three of you again, let me know so I can help. Especially you, you promised me! You promised me that you won’t seek others help again if I am here.” When Mina reached his side, her small thin fingers grabs onto the fabric of his jacket near his elbow. Then, she loops her arm on his. Sehun looks down on his arm. He glanced at her and saw her face blushing in shyness and that made him smile to himself as well, knowing the meaning behind that.

 

“Where’s your jacket?”

“I forgot.”

“You forgot? Is that even acceptable? It’s almost winter and it’s insanely cold outside already. You would remember it as soon as you take a step outside.”

“Fine. I was just lying. Actually, I gave it to Seolhyun because she seems like she’s about to have a fever. Two jackets are better than one, right?”

“What about you? Do you think you won’t catch a cold going out like that?”

“Then it will just be a cold, not a fever.”

“Mina.” Sehun sounds so displeased.

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry.” She smiled at him but she was rubbing her arms to warm them. Sehun sighed and took off his own jacket, immediately draping it around her shoulder.

“Yaah, what are you doing?”

“Wear it,” he ordered.

“But Sehun…you—“

“Don’t mind me, you’re way weaker than me.”

“I’m not weak! And you’re the one who easily catches cold, Sehun-ah!”

“But I will feel much better if you’re okay. So just wear it.”

Sehun turns around to starts walking but Mina held his jacket stopping him and places her right arm around his thin left arm. She then lowers her head before she started walking as well.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing..”

“Why are you holding on to me? What are you a child?”

“I guess I am.” She smiles and looks up on him. “Because you’re always taking care of me.”

 Sehun quickly looks away to hide his almost blushing face. “Is it lame?” Mina asked and chuckled. “Anyway, let’s just stay like this. It’s my way of saying thanks to you because unlike us girls, we give hugs and I can’t just do it on you. Although you are my best friend, you’re still a guy.”

 

 Sehun cleared his throat and shooed away the memory in his mind to stop himself from reddening. “Anyway Jin called me. He said they have arrived and they’re in the café now, so he asked me to come with you.”

“Jin called you?” She was obviously surprised as it was evident in her tone. “Since when did you two..”

“Does it matter?” Sehun replied, almost coldly. “Well…it is to me.. “ Mina whispered to herself, “but I’m glad that you two are in good terms now.” Sehun scoffed before he gave his reply. “I just gave him my number so he won’t ask yours again. Just like that time during Spring festival.”

“Why aren’t you letting them have my number again?” Mina innocently asked. She really forgot about it. Sehun told her that when he called her upon giving her the phone. That time, she was so nervous. It was her first time hearing his voice over the phone.

“Just don’t give it to them.”

“Why?”

“Just don’t!”

 

~~~

 

Sehun and Mina arrived in a café where her two friends were waiting for them. They saw them in a corner, chatting happily that Sehun needs to clear his throat and Mina has to knock the wooden table to catch their attention. They were so engrossed in their conversation to notice the two’s arrival.

“Mina!!” Jimin exclaimed and jumped to hug her tightly.

“I miss you!” Jimin kissed her cheeks before she lets her go. “Yeah yeah, I miss you too unnie,” Mina emotionlessly said while wiping her cheek. “Ey, I was just out for a month and you almost sound like Sehun already.” Jimin clucked her tongue and pulled her to seat beside her. “I’ve got so many things and stories to tell you.”

Meanwhile, Jin also give his seat to Sehun and transferred to the side, across Jimin.  “How are you?” Jin asked. “Fine,” was his short reply. “Would you like something to drink or eat? I’ll order for you.” Jin offered being the eldest in the group but Sehun stood up, ignoring his kindness. “I’ll do it myself.”

Sehun stops at Mina’s side. “Maeng, something to drink?” Jimin and Mina stops to look at the tall guy. “Caramel frappe?” Mina’s closes her half-opened mouth and looks at him in surprise. It was her favorite. She was about to say it but Sehun beats her to it.

Did he just randomly guess it?

“I’ll take that as a yes then.” With that, he left and walks to the counter coolly, enough to catch attentions from other lady customers.

 

~~

 

Jimin started telling stories about their trip in China. Mina’s eyes were busy following her arms going in different directions while describing something. Jin was getting bored in each passing minute but whenever finds an opportunity to butts in, he will join the two girls’ conversation.

As for Sehun, if Jin is getting bored, Sehun is beyond than that. One leg over the other, one of his arms were crossed against his chest, one holding his cup of drink, and the straw were firmly pressed between his thin lips, unmoving. He would only move when it’s time to place down the cup and took a sip again, just repeating the same action again and again. To Jin, it felt like he’s sitting beside a statue made of cement or a toy cat used by Chinese people as a lucky charm in small businesses in which one hand were going up and down to call customers.

 

“Jimin.” Jin can’t hold back his mouth from talking again so he interrupts their animated chat. The two immediately stops and turns to him. “Aren’t you suppose to invite her?”

Jimin just blinks at him, so Jin opens his mouth again after sighing. “Jimin wants to invite you to join us. We are going to my relative’s holiday inn this winter break. It’s a Ski resort. She said, you haven’t been in one here in Korea.”  

“Oh yeah!” Jimin’s eyes rounded in excitement upon remembering that. “Join us, Mina-ya~ you can also bring Sehun here, so it’ll be a double date maybe..?”

Double date..?

Mina’s ear closes itself for a moment there and all she could hear was the sound coming from inside her chest. And then she remember her words. “Wait are you two couples now?!” She looks at her two friends with accusing eyes. Jin just smiled at her and took a sip of his drink, Jimin on the other hand just scratches the side of her head feeling apologetic for not telling her sooner about that.

“Unnie I need to talk to you!” Mina stood up and grabs her wrist pulling her to another empty table. If they were in the café they are working in, she would probably pull her to the staff room. Now, only the two guys were left in the table.

“I hope others won’t mistake us dating each other.”

“They left their bags. People are not that dumb like you to not notice that.”

“Oh. Right.” Jin was half-expecting him to treat him a little better than before since he’s not running after Mina now, but its seems like Sehun is not that kind of person. Definitely has his own flavor. Maybe that’s the reason why he caught Mina’s heart? Jin thought.

He took a sip of his drink and cleared his throat. “Anyway, about the trip, I won’t be bringing any of my friends, since it’s my alone time with her but she wanted Mina to tag along, so I thought of inviting you too Sehun-ssi.  Do you have other plans?”

“Are you inviting me so you can get rid of Mina?”

“No, I didn’t mean it like that, just—“

“You said ‘since it’s my alone time with her’.” Sehun stated in a matter-of-fact tone while giving him a look. “It’s not like that.” Jin quickly responded, waving his arms. Sehun smirks, “It is to me,” he said before he grabs his cup to drink again.

“No, really. It would be nice if you can go too cos I’m afraid Mina will think that she’s being a third wheel or something. She won’t enjoy herself.”

“Then distance yourself. Let those two have their time together. I’m sure that’s a greater idea.”

“But..” he didn’t finished his sentence and looks down sighing. “You’re right, maybe I should do that instead. Jimin feels happy whenever she mentions her and even told me things they could do there. Just the thought that her ‘little sister’ will have fun makes her feel happy too.”

“Usually during winter break, my friends and I will play outside the country. This time, we are leaving on Christmas week.” Sehun turns to his side. “When are you planning to go?”

Jin was obviously surprised when Sehun’s eyes landed on his face. Earlier Sehun seems very against it, and all of sudden, he’s asking him about it. They haven’t decided the day yet but right now, he needs to give him an answer or he may change his mind. “Uhm.. ah.. On the first week of your winter break in school.” He gave him a tight small smile. “I heard from Jimin that they can request two days off to their lady boss during holidays so it won’t be a problem. Are you okay with that?”

“If she’ll go, then I’ll tag along. I don’t want to see her coming back with one leg left.”

Jin chuckled. “You really know her. She’s indeed really clumsy.”

“She’s not clumsy, she’s just a real idiot. I also need to ask my friend first if he can take care of Sunwoo, I’m sure she’ll be worried about him.”

“Oh. Yeah. I almost forgot..”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter