05. Someone

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: okay fine. Haha I will then include the ‘previous FAKE chapter’ in the story but I have to edit it, :D

just like in my previous stories. Long lines means change of /shift in P.O.V.. also indicates time had passed.  

 

 

 

 

Initially, there are 20 Princes in the school. Every girl has the right to vote, but they do not allow boys to take part in, because most of them, were only voting someone else to drag someone down in the list. The voting day was conducted once every school year only. It had become an annual voting that even teachers take part in just for fun since their vote isn’t anything special just counts as a single vote. Luhan’s friend as well as Sehun—together called EXO, have their own spots in the list respectively. But they competed fair and square. Some of the factors they consider in voting someone are; the person’s social status, academic status, and their appearance as well as their skills.

As for Luhan who made them started this lame game of calling someone a prince, he has everything. He was considered as the wealthiest student there since they do not know Nari’s real status. He is also on top of the list every exam consecutively since he entered the school. Luhan is also part of the soccer team and the most popular one with the help of his physical appearance and incredible skill in playing.

 When Luhan graduated, Chanyeol took the spot as the Prince of the school wiping away the previous image of a Prince that looks handsome yet very cold and tends to ignores everyone. Chanyeol is all smiley and greets every student that he’ll pass by. If he would join a contest within school, he will surely win with the help of students’ votes. That is also the reason why he gets most votes on the next voting eventhough he’s not top in the list when it comes to social status since it will fall to Suho. His academic status can’t also be compared to Chen that time. He’s even very close with teachers as well as the principal (who is Kris’ father). And when Chanyeol graduated, Sehun then ascended to the throne and once again, brings back the old image of their school Prince. Handsome yet cold.

Sehun is someone who doesn’t study hard, was still able to beat everyone during term examinations. He was also the one and only heir of Samsung, one of the biggest company in South Korea. Being the Sehun that everyone knows, this guy doesn’t care with his surroundings, a complete opposite of how Chanyeol is. Girls would come near him, greeting him every morning or endlessly snapping pictures as soon as he went out of his car, when he’s in his locker and every time he exists his classroom for lunch or after class. Things like these doesn’t happen before, when Sehun was still with Nari. Luhan was the No.1 Prince of the school that time and basically, everyone knows that he is courting the Princess of the school in the name of Jung Nari also known as Sehun’s best friend. Meaning, he was just some ordinary yet precious someone as he’s very close with the two.

It seems like the student body think that Sehun was like Nari’s protector, someone who is beyond reach and won’t even look at them so they don’t have much interest. Being unreachable is also one of the factor they consider in picking their Prince, and obviously, Chanyeol was an exception that time. But then, as day passes by, Sehun earned the 8th spot on the list when they started seeing him smiling when Nari is around. By rarely seeing his smile, girls found it really interesting.

 

When Sehun entered the cafeteria of the school, the place which they rarely visit as they have their own lounge, every head turns to his direction. He remembered the previous time he came there to buy her lunch—which is the first day of school. He knows that she wasn’t carrying a lot of money and the fact that she likes eating bread for lunch as she already got used eating them in the café before her shift starts.

From the time he saw her wearing the uniform of the school and thought of being with her, he felt like a cold water got poured on his head. He knows that he wasn’t the same Sehun anymore. He can’t be with her in school. It wasn’t safe. Thoughts roam his mind as he looks at her that night, but all he could say is ‘good luck’ not knowing what would happen in the following weeks.

We can say that he wasn’t really expecting this to happen, but she was like his precious Sunwoo. He’ll do anything for her, to protect her and to take care of her as well. And so, without thinking it twice, Sehun went inside and scanned the area looking for that special someone—which is you.

 

He knows that Kai and Tao made a mistake and that she was inside that commotion so he strode his way on that specific table. Sehun stood on the side, making everyone’s more surprised than ever. Nayeon wants to faint but she knows that no one will catch her and she has no time for it as it is better to just look up on him up-close and treasure that moment. It was Kai who has her heart but she just can’t erase that fact that they are equally attractive. But..

Sehun’s eyes were locked on specific someone who was sitting in front of her—Mina.

“Did Kai stole your bread? It was you right?” Sehun spoke in his usual tone, lifeless. Although a bit confused, Mina nodded. He then held up a plastic bag he’s holding and toss it to Mina’s hand. “Sorry for today, I’ll make sure it won’t happen again.” Sehun was also serious when he delivered those words, he doesn’t want her to be hurt in any possible way, even as shallow as this commotion. He cares for her as much as he cares for her brother. Mina just gave him another nod. He then looks up on everyone surrounding the table and glare at them. “I gave it to her so don’t even try stealing it. And don’t bother this person as well.” He just pointed Nayeon with his eyes. After that, he walks towards the exit.

 

 

 

 

 

When Sehun left, everyone turns back to their own table, muttering something we can’t decipher. I was then able to look at Nayeon properly, her hair is in mess and the clothes got ruffled. Everyone was trying to snatch away the bread Kai gave me and the same one she stole from me. I am very worried, but her smiling face reflected on us. “I was able to secure Kai’s bread and Sehun told them not to bother me. I’m feel so happy today!” she cheerfully whispered to us. Yerin and I just giggled with her fangirling.

I turned to the exit where Sehun disappeared a while ago. First Kai and Tao, didn’t they recognized me at all? And then, there’s Sehun. He talks to me as if I’m not living on the same roof as him, as if we do not know each other, as if we didn’t spend a year stuck on each other during middle school, as if I’ve never become his best friend.

What is this world? Why does if feels I’m entering another dimension whenever I’m in school?

 

~~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter