06. Names

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy Hearts Day a.k.a Single awareness day lol

 

 

I was silently following Nayeon and Yerin on the way to cafeteria. Nayeon saw Tao approaching our way and the two of them started arguing where he was looking when he just passed us, walking on the other side of the path.

When all of a sudden, I felt a strong arm yanking me to the side before another hand clasped my mouth. The hand was too big for my face that it also covered my nose, making it impossible to breathe. I was scared.

I then saw Tao and that’s when I realized how familiar the scent of this person behind me. “They didn’t see a thing.” He murmured with a grin. Soon after, I got released. The person that was holding me from behind showed his face to me. He smiled, rather grinned. Just like Tao. “Kai?”

“I’m sorry about that.” I think I’ve scared you, you were shaking a little. “Ah.. yeah.. honestly I felt scared, but it’s fine now. Glad it was just you two.. but … why did you have to do that?”

“You’ll find out soon. Shall me go now? We’ll show you our place.” I saw his signature smile again.

 

~~~

 

I got kidnapped, and now, I found myself inside a luxurious foreign place. I wasn’t even sure now if we’re still inside the school. As much as I remembered, we haven’t passed any gate, we just entered a wide wooden door with a sign ‘EXO Lounge’. Although I have minimal knowledge in English,I know what lounge is, what bothers me is the EXO word.. was it something connected to VIP? Was it another term for that? Because from what I’m seeing now, it seems like that.

 

 

 

I was busy admiring the place when I felt a poke on my side. Kai elbowed me. “Are you okay?” I turn to him and saw his worried face. “You’re being too quiet since we got here.” Tao commented while sipping his drink, although I couldn’t see what’s inside, I can still smell the strong sweet aroma of coffee.

“Are you feeling uncomfortable with just the two of us?” Kai asked again with low voice, full of concern. “No, it’s not like that. I was just looking around and wondering…” Kai’s thick brows met. But it was Tao who asked. “wondering about what?”

“I may sound like an idiot, but I just want to ask.. are we still inside the school?” The two looked at each other before facing me again. “Of course.” Kai said, lips twitching on the side, he definitely wants to laugh at my silly question. “Oh. Is that so… I just think that this place seems…odd.”

“This place was owned by the school. It was initially designed and reserved for the owner of the school’s son Kris Wu,” Kris Wu? Kris?? “but then he invited his friends and soon, we started joining them as well.”

“You mean, Sehun, you two, your friends and Luhan-ssi? All of you?” I asked pointing at the two of them. “and Nari noona too. Luhan hyung always brings her here before.” Kai added and smiled again. I think this guy will never run out of smile.

“Actually the reason we drag you here is because this room is our hang out place.” It was now Tao’s turn to speak for this things to make sense to me. “No one should follow us here, some knew or found this place but of course, they can’t enter since there’s security on the elevator. We just don’t want them to see you coming here.”

“If you don’t want me to be seen, then why bring me here?”

Kai and Tao exchange glances once again. Kai turns back to me to speak but before he could open his mouth, the door opened. “Speaking of”. Kai whispered and rested his back on the soft couch, palms at the back of his head. I then turn to the side where the door is.

 

Sehun.

 

“How is it?” Tao asked as Sehun walks to our place, head hang low. I glanced at Tao and saw him grinning so wide. “Same. I only saw those two.”

“We did.” Kai said and that’s the only time Sehun looks up. His eyes met mine and I heard a small gasp from him. “What are you doing here?” He said that looking at me for a few seconds before he turns to his friends. “What is she doing here?!” he repeated but this time, he raised his voice.

“We kidnapped her.” Tao simply said not caring about anything.

 

~~

After minute of arguing, Sehun then surrendered. He is now eating his lunch, Kai also has a variety of foods in his plate, same as Tao. They also gave me a plate but I refused to eat. Sehun then hand me five plastics of breads and instructed me to finish it all before I could go. He also serves me a glass of juice.

“Aw, such an attentive boyfriend.” Kai whisper-sang on my side. Surely, it didn’t reach his ears but I felt like my cheeks is reddening after hearing that. It is clear to me that I treasure Sehun as my best friend and I don’t look at him that way, but it seems like I am…at least expecting …something.

 

“Sehun, how come you never been this attentive to us before? Last time I almost choked to death and you didn’t even move one bit? And now that she’s here, you’re being like this?” Since Kris already graduated, there are no more servants in the place, but they are still allowed to use the room for themselves. “Mind your business Kai.” Sehun sharply said. Kai just smirked upon hearing that and turns to me once again. “Hey, do you know why Sehun came late than us?”

“…Why?” I asked glancing at Sehun, if it’s okay to talk to Kai about him. He’s face is composed, I can read him sometimes but now, right now, it’s hard to comprehend. “Well everyday, he’s busy looking for someone in the cafeteria, making sure she has eaten already or if she’s okay or whatsoever. He does that every single day before he goes here to eat.”

“You mean, Sehun likes someone? A girl from this school?” All our heads turned to where Sehun is. Apparently, he choked while drinking and spilled his tea. I quickly grab the tissue resting on the table and was about to help him but he just grabs the tissue away from my hand and wipe his mouth himself. “You okay man?” Kai asked. When I glanced at him, I saw him grinning so wide again, and when I glanced at Sehun, he’s glaring at Kai instead.

 

So, the thing that Kai said was supposedly a secret?

Is it so bad to let me know? I was one of his friends after all right?

 

Sehun…… he likes someone.

 

I then stood up to catch their attention and brushes off the bread crumbs that fell on my skirt. “Uhm, thank you for bringing me here, but I have to go now.” Hwiyoung and I were still doing our daily lessons and agreed to meet up during lunch so I spend half of the break with him.

“It’s not time yet.” Tao stated the obvious, lifting his wrist to check if he’s right about time. “Ah, yes, but I am meeting a friend during lunch so I have to go now. I’m sorry.”

“Do you know the way?” Tao asked, standing up as well. “As you said, we are still in school, so I guess I can—“ “Sehun why don’t you walk her out?” Kai again interrupts. “Since we’re the one who brought her here, it’s you turn now.”

There they are again, exchanging smiles and hatred.

 

~~

 

It was a silent walk with Sehun until he decided to spoke before leaving me.

“About what Kai said a while ago, I hope you’ll just forget about it.”

“Ah that.. of course, sure. I don’t want to meddle in your lives anyway.”

“Thanks.”

Sehun didn’t smile at all, was he in the bad mood? Why can’t I read what he’s feeling now? His stoic face seems unreadable today.

He turns around to leave but I quickly grab his uniform on his lower back. Sehun halted and half-turned around. I smiled at him, hoping it will reflect on him as well because he seems so down lately.

“Whoever that girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter