19. A Date

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

160703 A/N: Author is NBSB so please understand my lack of knowledge in dating haha so it’s short.

This is originally part of C.18 but it will make that too long so I decided to cut it. And I hope this will finally satisfy you. ^^

 

 

 

 

----M.N-----

 

 

“Who’s car is this?” Sehun opened the door for me and places his hand over my head just like a gentleman to make sure I won’t bump being the clumsy me. “Neat isn’t it? It’s Nari’s.” Sehun flashed a proud smile and places an arm on top of the door, leaning his weight on it. “I went to her room and annoyed the couple for a few minutes until they shooed me away, and then I told them under one condition, she’ll let me borrow one of her precious babies. That’s what happened.” Sehun reported and gently closes the door to get to his seat.

“Where are we going?” I asked while watching him fastening his seatbelt. “You’ll see.”

 

 

“Do you know how to drive?” Sehun asked as we drive off. He even the radio with alien language on it, I mean English. I shook my head. “I never had a car or anyone in my family.”

“I see. You know Nari told me she learned how to drive at the age of twelve. That time, she was having a hard time reaching the break, but she still managed. I also learned from her before I took the license exam.”

“You probably also reviewed for the written exam with her, right?”

“Yes.”

“I see..”

“When we get back, would you like me to teach you?”

“Eh?” I turned to Sehun and saw him looking at me with those smiling eyes. “E-eyes on the road.” I told him as I avert my eyes too. “So, what do you think?” I heard him say. I can see that he’s excited by the tone he’s using. “To be honest, I don’t think I need to learn it. I appreciate that you are willing but then..I don’t have or will have a car, so..”

“I’ll buy you one.” He immediately said. He’s still excited about it. I sighed before facing him. “Sehun, although I treat you and you treat us like a family, I can’t make you do things for us all the time, especially giving us unnecessary and extremely expensive things. I appreciate it, I really do, but you really don’t have to.”

“Even if I really really really want to?” Sehun glanced at my side, pouting.  “Even if you want to. You’re paying for our schooling, giving us shelter and food, you gave us phone and tablet, you brought us to different places that is impossible for us—like this trip. Never in my life I’ve imagined I could go here. It’s on the other side of the world, and on top of that, I am with my family, my friends and you. I really can’t ask for more Sehun. Do you understand it now?”

“Fine.” There is a cl,ear disappointment in his tone now. “I’m sorry and thank you for understanding.”

 

~~

 

Sehun stopped the car and my eyes automatically scan the area. It’s a place full of city lights, full of stores and shops and also full of people.

 

“Is this the place you want me to see?”

“No, we’re just stopping here.” Sehun went out. While I’m taking off my seatbelt, he already appeared on my side, holding the door open. “Let’s go?” Sehun then held my elbow to support me.

I was following his back as he entered a boutique and started looking around. All of a sudden, he stopped. My small nose bumped with his back. Sehun turned around half-laughing as he saw me, rubbing my nose then he stood behind me and held my shoulders.  

“Try all these on her.” I heard him said while pointing on a rack of knee-length dresses on the side. Then his words hit me. “Huh?!” I quickly turned to him but he turned me back. “This way ma’am.”  The lady he was talking to earlier suddenly has her eyes on me so I pointed to myself dumbly. She smiled to me and nodded like an elegant lady. “Drag her.” Then I felt a push on my back. “Wait, Sehun—“

And then, the most tiring time came.

 

~~

 

“Is this to your liking Sir?” the lady asked him in Korean as she presented me to him like a choice for dessert. I was looking at her earlier and noticed her Asian-like feature but I couldn’t make sure of it until now. Sehun was just there sitting on a small couch while me and that lady assisting me keeps on going back to forth to the dressing room and infront of him. For the umpteenth time, he shook his head that forces us to go back again. We went to him for about seven times already but up till now, he hasn’t picked one yet.

Although I hate the fact that it’s very tiring, I must also admit that I’m partly enjoying it. I wasn’t able to try expensive clothes like these before, branded clothes are really different from the clothes I’ve tried before. But the prices still seem unreasonable to me.

“Do you do this all the time?” I asked the lady as she helps me zip the back zipper of the red dress that is next on our list after the pastel blue one. “Yes ma’am,” she answered as she combs my hair again. “It must be tiring..” the lady smiled at me through the window. “Sometimes it is, if the customer is a very picky one and treats us like trash, but there are also instances where we meet someone like the Jung Empire’s heiress. She’s so high yet her feet are still glued on the ground. She even sits down for a chat whenever she’s free.”

“You know Nari-ssi?”

“Nari-ssi?” There is a confusion in her eyes, but there is only one heiress right? It made me confused if we’re talking about the same person, just then I remembered she told me before that she’s using different names. “I mean, Ms. Stephanie Zhou. Nari Jung is her Korean name.”

“Ah. Yes, she usually comes here every month before to buy her clothes but after she moved, we rarely see her now. I think the last time I saw her was when she comes here with the guy you are with now. I think that was during summer vacation, two years ago. I hope you don’t mind me asking, is he your boyfriend?”

“B-bo-boyfriend?” I repeated and quickly shook my head. “He’s not. He’s Nari unnie’s best friend and also a good friend of mine.”

“Just a friend?” I nodded but she gave me one last look before she spoke. “But you know, the way I see it, the feeling is mutual.”

“What do you mean?”

“You like him don’t you? I saw you blushing when I said boyfriend. And also, that guy wasn’t like that when Ms. Zhou is here with him. He’s practically ignoring her clothes and just looking at her face, but now with you, his eyes travels all over you. I think he wanted to make sure that it’ll look good on you.”

 

I had a bit long conversation with the attendant and Sehun become impatient and started yelling for us to come out. When he saw me, he immediately grabs my wrist, pulling me to his side and told her that he’s paying for the dress and flats I’m currently wearing, telling me that we’re going to be late.

 

~~

 

My jaw literally dropped when Sehun stopped the car for the last time.

“Are… are we going…to ride that?” I pointed to the side and Sehun just smiled at me before grabbing my hand. “Let’s go before it leaves.” Good thing I’m wearing flats, cos Sehun started dragging me with his long strides. Watching Sehun’s back reminds me of the time when we were on the amusement park and we were racing to the Ferris wheel. It was one of my best moments with him. But tonight, it seems like it’s gonna be replaced. We are going to ride a holiday cruise.

 

~~

 

I was on the back deck surrounded with people, some were looking at the lake like what I was doing and some were having a fine late night dinner with their partners or family members. There is also a small orchestra band on the side playing romantic music to set the mood. I was so indulged in it that I didn’t notice Sehun’s return until he spoke. “Do you like it?” He excused himself after we had eaten on this place. We already had dinner in Nari’s place so we just sit for a short time, just to try their foods and it was super delicious. I turned around and found Sehun behind me so I faced him, leaning my lower back on the railings while rubbing my arms to warm them. Sehun gave me his coat since we forgot to get one on the boutique and he doesn’t want me to wear my own coat as well because according to him it will ruin my dress.

“This place is beautiful. I’m sure no one will say that they don’t like this. I love this Sehun. Thank you for taking me here.” I shyly smiled to him and gazes down on my foot.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter