10. Stay

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

160409 A/N: Sorry, a chapter dedicated to Hwiyoung. :D Neoz FTW. Haha /shameless promotion/ BUT just on the first part.. the end goes back to Sehun. :D

And also sorry for not keeping my promise, there’s a problem with my notebook, I can’t connect it to the internet at home. :’(

 

 

 

 

 

“Mina?”

“Oh, Hwiyoung, you’re here.” She combs her hair with bare hands and sits up straight.

“You’re early today..”

“Uhm.. I.. I’m not hungry. Let’s start now.”

Hwiyoung nodded but he keeps on looking at her, she looks as if she’s hiding something. The two always meet up in the library after they eat their lunch. Hwiyoung asks her to teach him the Japanese language in which she agreed. A full minute had passed when the two heard something.

Hwiyoung chuckled. “Not hungry huh?” Mina lowered her head, embarrassed that her tummy betrayed her. He then quickly collected his things he just prepared on the table and stood up. “Let’s get you something to eat first, this can wait.”

“But..” Hwiyoung smiled at her. “It’s okay. If you don’t eat, you won’t last till the end of our classes.”

 

 

~~~

 

“Here”

“Thank you.”

The two sat on a bench of the football field. Mina told him that something embarrassing happened in the cafeteria so she doesn’t want to go back there now. Hwiyoung did not force her to tell him in details and just help her out of it.

“I’m just curious, do you really just eat bread during lunch time?”

“No. It just started since the day I worked in a café. We don’t sell meals and staffs are free to eat bread there. Instead of buying food outside which will cost me some money, I just decided to eat bread.”

“I see, but you don’t have problem eating rice during lunch or anything else? You just prefer bread?”

“Yeah. When I was in middle school, my grandma will always reminds me to pack some vegetables to keep my body healthy. Cherry tomatoes are my favorite, so she would always buy me some. And since there’s a lot, I would share it to my classmates but only Sehun likes it. The others would steal my kimchi instead.” She smiled bitterly remembering the old times.

“Se..hun?” Hwiyoung looks surprised in his voice but when he asked it, it’s almost a whisper. Mina glanced at him and smiled. “Sehun. The Sehun you know and the person who is called a Prince in this school. Him. That Oh Sehun.”

“Ah, so that’s my Kai greeted you earlier when we were walking. You’re friends with him?”

“We’re best friends rather. But it was all in the past.” Mina paused and placed down her bread on her lap. “It was Spring back then, my first year in middle school just ended when my grandmother died. She was all I have and she’s my only family here in Korea. Sehun started ignoring me because I failed to meet him one time. Then, my relatives brought me to Japan and I stayed there until the day my father left me as well. Then I came back here with my half-brother a year ago.”

“I’m… I’m sorry to hear that.. I don’t know what to say, I never heard such sad story in my nineteen years of existence..” Hwiyoung started sniffling. Mina giggled and hand him her handkerchief in which he took without hesitance. “As I said, it was all in the past. What matters now is that I’m still alive, happy and still kicking. Together with my brother.”

“You now have my respect, Mina-ssi.”

“Eeyy..” Mina elbowed the crybaby and smiled at him.

The two went back eating while looking at the calm empty green field, waiting for the bell to rang.

“I just shared you, basically half of my life. Now it’s your turn.”

“There’s nothing to share. To sum it up, I lived a normal life. Nothing interesting. I’m a normal student living in a normal house with not so normal friends and having no girlfriend since birth.”

“Wow, I envy you for having such a boring life.” Mina teased and they both chuckled.

 

“Oh, by the way, I heard you’ve met one of my friends last Saturday, his name is Dawon.”

“He’s your friend?!” No wonder why he seems nice despite him being a flirt.

“As I’ve said, ‘not so normal friends’, so stop looking at me like you’re judging me. I’m not like him.”

Mina raised a brow, he caught her there. “Sorry.” Mina smiled and took a sip on her juice.

“My friends are all nice, if you have time, It’ll be nice if you could meet them.” Excitement were evident in Hwiyoung’s eyes. Mina didn’t want to reject him but she has no choice.

“Jimin is still in her vacation so I’m covering up for her. I’m sorry. But, next time, I’ll free up some time for you and your friends. I also want to apologize to your friend Dawon for the last time.”

“Okay, I’ll let them know so they can train themselves to behave.”

“You think so low of your friends.”

“Because they are. As you can see, I’m the only one attending this school because they are all drop outs. Tch. They don’t take things seriously, aside from dancing.”

“Dancing?”

“Yeah, we all have the same dream, to be an idol. Are you into that stuff? I mean Kpop?”

“I heard Nari unnie—Sehun’s bestfriend likes G-Dragon. I’ve heard Bigbang before and Super Junior as well as Girls’ Generation.. but I’m not very familiar with their music.”

“Is that so… then I wish someday, if our dreams come true, you’ll be one of my fan.”

“You can count on that.” Mina gave his shoulder a light punch. “But there’s something… I’m curious about,” she confessed.

“What is it?” Hwiyoung looks at her smiling, ready to answer whatever what’s bothering her. Mina looks at him as well before she uttered the word that made Hwiyoung’s smile slowly turns downwards. “Nayeon.”

 

 

-----------------------------

 

 

“So this is where she hides.” Tao places his palm behind the back of his head. “I don’t think so, we usually walk here but it’s the first time we’ve see them here.” Kai said while crossing his arms in his broad chest. The three was on their way back to their classrooms’ building when they saw a familiar figure.

“I wonder what they were talking about.”

“Is she dating that guy?

As the two chats, the other one was busy glaring at them and shifted it to Tao. Kai noticed it and quickly knocks Tao’s head. “Yah. It hurts! But seriously, it’s not the first time I saw them together.”

Kai looks back on the guy and the lady sitting and laughing while chatting. “That’s true. We even saw them this morning, walking hand in hand. Right, Sehun?”

Sehun did not bother to answer him and just resumed walking to class and did not also give her another glance. Kai snickered in his action and turns to Tao. “I spy a jealous walking pole.” Tao said and Kai laughed “You stole the word right out of my mouth,” then he gave him a high-five.

 

 

~~~

 

 “Mina, is there something you want to tell me?” Nayeon looks curiously at Mina who’s beside her, cleaning the chalkboard. “Eh?” Nayeon faces her and place down the eraser. “You’ve been staring at me.”

“She’s obsessed with those kind of guys, rich, famous, good-looking, tall,.. things that I’m lacking at. Guys like your friend Sehun set up such standard. Girls call them perfect individuals. I also think I can never step up on the same level as them so I just choose to stop pursuing her. My feelings for her remains, but I no longer want to get her attention. Besides seeing her smile every day is more than enough. If she’s happy, then I’ll feel happy as well.”

“Eeyyy, loverboy. But you know, when you get to know them, they are not as perfect as you think. They talk with mouth full or eat all the foods at once, they play and act like a bunch of kids, they would tease each other to death and play wrestling on one’s bed to wake the other, they do things like normal teenagers. They are normal as you are. And I’m sure, although Nayeon likes seeing them or admiring them that doesn’t mean she’ll ignore people like you. You may lack in many things but you are you and you have a huge heart.” 

 

“I’m just spacing out, sorry.”

“Which reminds me…” Mina turns to her and got scared in an instant, she’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter