16. Same

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

160601 A/N: Another week-long absence, I’m sorry. I hope this looooooooong update will make up to it. :D

There will be 3 flashbacks here written in gray/grey so I hope it won’t confuse you that much. kk

 

 

 

 

“Thanks unnie. Sunwoo already went to sleep.” Jimin outstretches her hand to get her phone back from Mina. She just got back in their table after taking the call from her little brother.

“Uhm, unnie, do you mind if I go back to my room first?” Reading her expression, Jimin nodded at her, “Sure.” Mina bowed to the rest of their friends before she slowly walks away.

 

“What are you still doing here?” Jimin asked Sehun with a bit of annoyance in her tone. “What?” Sehun just blinked at her that made her faced her palm and exhaled exasperatedly. “The vegetables!—No I mean whatever it is earlier!” Sehun just looked at her with puzzled expression, completely not having an idea what she’s talking about. “What about vegetables?” Jimin gawked at him before she bumps her head on the table.   “The thing you were talking about earlier before I came, aren’t you going to finish it?”

Jin chuckled seeing Sehun’s innocence right before his eyes, he is now sure he hasn’t gone out with anyone before, or he’s just really like that. “If I were you, I’ll follow her to make sure she’ll arrive safely in her room, it’s already dark and also to make sure that she won’t sleep with that kind of expression on her face.” Sehun thought of it for a minute because he quickly left the couple and ran to her direction. “Hey, come back again later, okay?” Jin yelled.

 

 

*Sniff*

*Sniff*

Upon noticing that the sound is getting closer, Mina turns around and found someone trailing behind her. “Sehun?” Sehun halted and looks up on her, hearing his own name being uttered with a smile and a small wave of his large hand. “Hi.”

“What are you doing here? Are you heading back now too?” He did not think of a reason to tell her before going, so he paused to think again. He can’t tell her the same thing Jin told him earlier, it will make her feel somehow uncomfortable. “Uh…no. I actually wanted to ask you if you have medicine for cold..?” Sehun said and rubs his nose. It’s already red enough to tell her that he’s not lying. “Ah that,” Mina smiled and turns around to resume walking “I have medicines in my bag, I expected this to happen anyway. Follow me.”

 

“Take a seat first while I’ll look for the medicine.” Sehun plopped himself on the edge of her soft bed, one knee up resting on the surface, while Mina rummaged her bag and immediately found what she’s looking for since she placed it on a pocket.

Sehun gasped when he suddenly felt her touch. He was looking around the room at the moment and wasn’t expecting her to stand so close to him, placing her palm on his forehead.

“Hm, good thing you don’t have a fever.” Sehun heard her sighed in relief before she reached for his hand, palm up. Just the mere fact that she’s worried about him makes him happy and for a smile to show up instantly.

“This one is for your cold and take this too just in case.” Mina places the medicine on his palm one by one. “You easily get sick, so we can’t be sure if this won’t lead to fever.” She glanced at his face while talking and jolted in surprise seeing him staring at her. Looking away is the only option she could take at the moment. “Y-you’re not listen-ning..” she whispered at him and turns around after giving him the medicines. Actually Sehun had been staring at her for a while..enjoying the closeness of their faces. “Earlier you said, you were expecting this, what do you mean by that?”

“That.. uhm.. as I said earlier, I know that you easily get sick and you’re weak with cold.” Mina moves to the side and sat down beside him. Afraid to look in his eyes again, she just fixated her eyes on her hands resting on her lap. “Earlier, you gave me your scarf and you even shielded me from the cold wind. I felt very thankful when you did those things to me, but obviously, I did nothing in return. I know this weakness of yours but instead of helping you back, I even pushed you to your limit. I shouldn’t have dragged you to the ice rink.” Mina faces him, places her palm on the space between them and bowed her head. “I’m sorry.”

Sehun encloses his palm and places the medicines in his pocket to free his hand. “If that Jin stayed beside you and saw you freezing like that, I’m sure he’ll do the same, so you shouldn’t be thankful for that. It’s just a simple act to save a human’s life.” Sehun chuckled and places a hand on top of her head. “As for the ice rink.. you shouldn’t also feel apologetic with that.” Sehun leaned closer “Thanks to you, I enjoyed it.” He smirked with the intention to and leaned back. Sehun ruffled her hair before he lets go and stood up. “Thanks for the medicine.”

“Are you going back to your room?”

“Your guy friend told me to come back. I don’t know what they are up to.”

“His name is Jin.” Mina said, correcting him as if he doesn’t know. Sehun rolled his eyes. “but I’m glad you’re getting along with him.” Mina smiled cheerfully at him so he quickly looks away again, placing his fist on his mouth, trying to hide what he’s feeling. It is true that he wants to keep that happy smile on her face, but if she keeps on directing it to him, it’ll be too much to handle. “No, you’ve got the wrong idea, I’m just—“ “Trying to be nice. I know,” she finished his sentence for him, standing up at the same time. “And if you’re acting nice to him all the time, isn’t that considered being a friend to him as well? Hm?” Mina smiled titling her head to the side while inquiring him. To Sehun, she looks so adorable and squishy. He looks down for a sec, absorbing what she just said.

“I’m going.” Sehun quickly said and went out. Mina saw him getting shy after realizing it himself. Truthfully Sehun is a person who wants to always look cool but then, he can’t hide his soft side which is always the dominant one. “He’s so cute.” Mina giggled to herself while looking at the closed door.

 

 

~~~

 

*ring* *bzzz* *ring* *bzzz*

Mina stirred in her sleep and slowly opens her eyes. She turned to the place of the source of the sound and found her phone lighting up on the mirror desk where she plugged it to charge the battery. After Sehun had left, she cleaned the room to make sure she won’t miss a thing when they left tomorrow morning and fell asleep right after.  

“Jimin unnie?” She slides the green button across the screen and place it on her ear. “Unnie. What is—”

“Mina! It’s Jin. I’m sorry, but I think I really need your help.” Mina’s brows furrowed hearing his voice as if he’s panicking. “Where are you?”

 

~~

 

“Hyuuuuuung, give me mooore~”

“No you had enough!”

“Eh? You don’t love me?”

“I love you Sehun okay? OKAY?! Just get off me!”

“If you love Sehun then give me another glass!”

 

“Mina! Thank God you’re here!” Jin looked at her as if she’s a knight in shining armor who came to rescue him. He then hurries her to go to their table where she left them earlier, but she’s too surprised and confused to move.

When she got there, she saw Sehun clinging onto Jin. Jin was holding up a bottle of beer while the two of them were going on circles. It’s like he borrowed Sunwoo’s body and started acting like a child. They were attracting a lot of attention from other people enjoying their late night drinking sessions. “Mina!” Jin shouted again that pulled her back to her senses.

“What happened here?!” Sehun’s forehead is now resting on Jin’s forearm, snuggling on it like a cat and hugging his side. On his other side is Jimin, eyes closed, mouth open and already snoring on her seat. “They are both drunk. Jimin passed out after about five shots and this kid, I mean this guy had been like this just after a shot so I’m not going to let him have a drink again, this may get worse.” Jin said while squirming his way out of Sehun’s hold.

“Could you please take Jimin to her room? I’ll take care of this one.” Jin told her pointing to Sehun who is now pouting at him and trying to reach the bottle he’s holding up. There wasn’t much difference with their height if Sehun would exert effort he could actually get it from him, but he’s too weak for that now.

“Jin.. I think you should be the one to take her. It’s better not to wake her up so you should just carry her. Unnie hates it the most when people disturbs her sleep and she’s even drunk now, I don’t know what would happen if we wake her up.” Mina told Jin and proceeded to take Sehun’s arms off of Jin. “I can take care of Sehun.” Jin watches her effortlessly placing Sehun’s weight on her. He’s heavy, it’s obvious but she just acted that she doesn’t mind it for Jin to let her take care of him. “If you say so. Call me if something happened, I’ll come and help, okay?”

 

 

 

 

“Nana told them not to drink, but Tao insisted since he rarely gets to drink. So, this is the result.” Sehun told me while looking at the boys sprawled on the living room of the event’s place where we celebrated Sehun’s birthday.

Back then he probably did not drink at all since he’s the only awake and he even helps me in getting blankets and talking care of the boys. He looks really normal that time and even teased me when he noticed that I was actually staring at his half- and just-got-off-the-shower body.

 

And before that, while eating dinner I remember their short conversation.

“Oi, birthday boy, aren’t you going to drink at all?” Chen called out to Sehun who just arrived with me. I went to get ice that Suho-ssi needed that time and he followed me to help.

“No, I’ll pass.”

“Let him, he’ll get drunk after one shot.” Nari told everyone for them to stop bothering Sehun.

“Ey, weak!” Tao said and Sehun just smiled a little at them.

“And Tao! You can’t drink too. I won’t allow you, you’re still a baby!” Nari said ushering him to get away from the table where the boys are preparing their drinks and snacks.

“Noona! I’m eighteen now, eighteen!” Tao retorted but Nari continued pushing him away. “and what is the right age for drinking here in korea may I ask?” Tao sulked already knowing he can’t win and he just simply love his noona to disobey her.

 

 

“Where are we going?” Sehun asked with his sleepy slash drunk husky voice.

“Back to your room.” She managed to answer. She now has Sehun leaning his weight on her with his arm placed around her shoulder so she could drag him. He wasn’t that heavy since he’s walking on his own. He’s just swaying around making it hard for her. 

“Ey, no fun, I don’t want to go back yet~” Sehun whined while pouting and shaking his head on her shoulder. His hair is actually tickling her neck but she’s trying to ignore, now’s not the time to play. ”Let’s go back to hyung~ he’ll give me delicious drink~~he he” Mina looks at Sehun and saw him smiling wide, showing his teeth with his eyes closed.

“Tch, if only he could see himself like this.” She giggles. “He’s even calling him hyung. If only you could hear yourself.” Sehun started to calm down but he keeps on talking. “AH!” Remembered her phone and thought of recording him. “But Sehun hate that kind of thing, I better not. I’ll just save this at the back of my mind. Just like that time..”

 

 

 

 

“Minwoo, stop it!” Mina pulled Minwoo’s arm but he quickly gets away from her. “No way, it’s too funny!” Sehun is actually hugging a tree on the street and he did not waste the time to record it.

“How did this happen?” Mina asked his other two friends watching the scene. The Jo twins.  “He accidentally drank a glass of soju, thinking it’s water.” Mina was on her way to a bookstore when she saw these familiar faces and immediately ran to them seeing Sehun in that state.

“You were drinking?! You’re not in the right age yet!”

“We’re not.” Kwangmin quickly denied. “We just tricked him so he would eat the very spicy dish and then he randomly grabs a glass on the table beside us.” Youngmin explained it to her. “thinking it is water,” Kwangmin added.

“Still…aish,” Mina scratches her head in annoyance and turns to the two again. “Minwoo stop filming him! It’s embarrassing!”

“This can be very useful in the future Mina.. so just let him.” Mina turns to the twins again after hearing Kwangmin’s voice, “Are you in this too?! Are you going to use it to blackmail him?”

“Bingo!” The two grinned at her and she gawked. She wasn’t expecting that it is really their plan knowing they are his friends. Maybe she just don’t really understand boy’s kind of friendship.

“Urg I can’t believe you all!” She marched to Sehun’s side and pulled his arm off the tree. Immediately Sehun hands circled around her, hugging her tight.

“Oh, I like this one better.” Minwoo said and even changed his position to get a better angle.

“YAAAH, h-elp m-e-e, I can’t breath-e!!” Mina yelped while pushing Sehun off of her.

 

 

 

“Sehun we’re here.” Mina informed Sehun upon arriving at his room. Looking around, she noticed that his room is clean unlike the usual room of boys. Thinking back, since she’s the personal maid of Sehun in his mansion, she also noticed that Sehun cleans his room by simply putting the things back to its place. Mina closes the door with her foot and drags the half-asleep Sehun on the bed.

Carefully, she lifted his arm off of her and supported his back while pushing him down in the bed. His legs left dangling on the side and she haven’t removed his shoes yet. She then grabs a pillow to place it under his head. Since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter