23. Old Friend

[5] Spring Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Who are you?”
“Excuse me?”
“Who are you and what are you doing in my desk?”
“This is my seat.”
“That is mine!”

“Oh Hwiyoung! You’re back.” Yerin excitedly greeted the short guy. Hwiyoung averted his gaze. “Good morning Yerin.” He greeted back and just gave a shy curt nod at the girl behind her entering the room with her. 


“You don’t look good, are you still sick?” Yerin asked, concerned. “No. it’s just this guy. Who is he?” he said, pointing at Eunwoo face almost touching the tip of the latter’s nose. “Ah. He’s a transferee. He just got here yesterday.”


“My point is, why is he sitting in my chair?!” he asked emphasizing the word ‘my’. “Mr.Lazy told him to sit there since apparently this guy knew Mina and you were absent for a week so he probably forgotten that someone is occupying that seat. Anyway, Eunwoo-ssi, you gotta find a new seat, as you can see, the real owner is back now.” Nayeon spoke to the boys boringly and took her seat infront of them.


“Yeah, sorry Eunwoo –ssi, that’s really our friend’s seat. There’s another vacant seat there in the middle row at the back side which I’m sure no one will take away from you.”


“But—“ he tried to say something but he was cut off by Hwiyoung’s glare. He then stood up and noticed their height difference. He’s only on his shoulder level. “Wow, you’re really short.”


“Hey, you’re not that tall to call him short.” Nayeon said with a sneer showing dislike to the other guy. He smirks and ignored them before swinging his bag on his back and walks away. Hwiyoung threw his bag on his table and plopped on his seat. “I can’t believe you let him take my seat just because I wasn’t around.”


“Sorry bro, I was curious about him since he knew our best friend. Plus, he’s a hottie! You can say we were fascinated.” Yerin noticed Hwiyoung’s worried glance at Nayoung’s back and dismissed the idea in his mind. “Ah.. let me rephrase that, I was fascinated. Don’t worry, she doesn’t think so. She actually doesn’t like him the first time we saw him.” Hwiyoung let out a relief sigh but Yerin amusingly added, “She’s loyal to Kai.” which made him sunk again. 


Yerin looked at Nayeon who’s looking outside the window and Hwiyoung fixing his eyes on his hands resting on top of the table. “Eish, you two are so cute. By the way, has anyone seen Mina?”

  

 


-------


“Sehun, quit thinking too much. You were already out during class, at least eat something. Besides, we’ve known Auntie for years, we’re very sure she means no harm.” Kai tried to calm his friend. The boys were in their lounge. It is lunch time now and Sehun hasn’t touch anything on their table yet.


“You said she told you she’ll just take Mina out?” Tao asked after gulping down the meat in his mouth. “That’s what she said. But unlike when she’s out with Nari before, she will take Soojung with them to assist her. This time they’re freaking alone!” Sehun answered. “Did you check up on her?” Tao asked again. “I did, but mom always takes the call. She said I should not worry.” Sehun sighed exasperatedly and rubs his temple, closing his eyes.


“Then I guess you should listen to auntie.” Kai suggested and took a large bite on his sandwich. “It’s not that easy Kai. Mom went home unexpectedly and she doesn’t know about Mina or anyone in my family. She didn’t even ask me about her or why is she staying in our house! You two were there yesterday. When we came home, she.. she just .. stopped talking. It feels weird. She’s talkative, you both knew that.”


“Yeah, I remember she just said Mina is pretty and Sunwoo is cute. I thought you already told her about them while she’s out of the country. She acts like she knew them and just met them personally yesterday because she only talks about their physical appearances.” Kai said slowly losing his appetite.


“Sehun, we don’t have any idea what she’s up to but I’m sure she won’t anything to harm any of them, so calm down for a while. Let’s think calmly.” Sehun shakes his head. “I don’t know Tao. I can’t do that. I know my mom so well, she’s very very kind to everyone she likes but she’s the opposite to those who doesn’t get her approval, and I don’t know in which side Mina or Sunwoo fits.”


Kai suddenly stands up. “The driver,” he said. “Who is their driver? Maybe we can call him and ask?”


“Mom can drive and as much as possible she will go alone. This time she went alone with the two of them. This morning, I asked Soojung, she said she will just drive them both to school so I didn’t think of anything but when I got here, Mina was absent.”


“Maybe she got here late?”


“No, actually every ten-minute break we checks her classroom. She was absent the whole morning.” Kai answered Tao.


“How about before lunch? Did you check?” 


“No, we didn’t.”


“I’ll call Yerin then. I’ll ask about Mina.” Kai and Sehun nods. Tao quickly pulled out his phone from his blazer jacket. 

 

 

---------

 

 


“Nayeon, you know you’re being obvious.”


“What?!”


“What’s with this silent treatment? Aren’t you even gonna ask how is he?”


“Why would I? He’s just a classmate.”


“What happened to ‘Mina’s friends are also our friend’?” Yerin quoted. “You told us this, infront of Mina too.” Nayeon just looked away. Yerin scoffed at her friend. “Don’t tell me it only applies to the Princes? Hwiyoung has been with us since our first year, yes he’s just classmate before he became Mina’s friend, therefore, he is also our friend now.” Yerin pointed out but Nayeon just acted like she’s not hearing anything. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter