END

Defying Sehun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I felt my heart stopped for a moment. Sehun’s leaving? There are so many questions. So many answers. So many things I have to tell him. I’ve always wanted him to be completely out of my life but now all I want to to do is be with him. Fight this with him. People were right when they said how young love can change you. Everything you’ve hold onto. Gone. Young love is the love that will hurt you. It may come as a dramatic impact in your life. I know that in a few years, if I look back to this day, it won’t matter anymore, the pain will be gone, I may just laugh about it and do adult stuff but today’s today and today I’m going to do the most cliché thing young lovers do. I will chase Sehun. I’ll tell him how much I love him and that I want to be with him no matter what. This is the story of my young love and I don’t want to regret anything when the time comes.

 

I jumped to the next bus going to the airport. If I don’t see him, I will forever hate myself. I will forever regret this moment. I just don’t care anymore. The pain of losing him is dragging me away from reality. I remember his touch and his kisses and the little time we had spent together. I know this is toxic. Our relationship is toxic. We keep on hurting each other but knowing I gave up on it is going to hurt me more.

 

As soon as I’ve reached the airport, I immediately grabbed my phone and dialed Sehun again. I’ve been calling him since Principal Shin had told me he would be leaving. Praying to myself that he would pick up, I ran to the gates of the airport while holding my phone tightly to my ear.

 

“Eunmi?” A gloomy voice answered. My heart started to beat fast and I felt a little bit of hope inside me. “Oh, thank God! Sehun, where are you? I’m here at the airport.”

“What? How did you know I was leaving?” There was a tone of shock in his voice. My heart melted. “Doesn’t matter. Where are you? Pls, I need to see you.” I pleaded while I search for his face all over the place.

“Eunmi.. I-I can’t. My plane’s about to take off.” He answered. Tears came out of my eyes and I tried so hard to control my sobs. There was a minute of silence before I cracked a voice. “A-am I too late?”

There was pure silence on the other line signaling that there was the answer to my question. “I love you, Sehun.” I said one last time before the call ended. I let out all the tears I’ve been holding back. I didn’t care what would people think anymore. As cliché as it may sound, I lost my young love. The love that would forever haunt me. If only the time was right. If only people were good. If only we were meant for each other.

 

As minutes passed and seconds of waiting, I decided to go home and move on from all of this when I saw a tall built rushing towards me. I cleared my eyes from all my tears before I went running towards him. I raced into his arms before I felt myself being lifted and our lips pressing on each other’s. I savored the moment. Sehun came back. My eyes started to tear up again as Sehun placed his lips on my forehead, kissing it gently. “, Eunmi, I love you so much.” I laughed while still crying as Sehun laughed at my state. “I must look really ugly right now.” Sehun laughed even more. “Since when do you care about how you look?” He teased. I kissed him. Again and again and again. It’s as if we couldn’t get enough of each other. People were looking at us but we didn’t care. We were together again. Sehun stopped to look at me. “Can you say that again pls?” I looked at him longingly. “What?” He smiled the prettiest smile before he planted a soft peck on my lips. “That you love me.” I matched his smile before I attacked him with kisses while muttering ‘I love yous’.

 

 

 

 

“Congratulations, Graduates! May you embrace what the future holds for you.” Principal Shin stated before all of us stood up and threw our caps in the air.

 

I faced Jijae and gave her a tight hug. For the first time in my highschool life, I feel so happy. No more bullies, no more conceited classmates, no more loaded homeworks and unfair school hours. We’re finally heading off to college. The past 3 weeks have been rough especially that Sehun hasn’t been around. He took the night flight after he missed his but he promised that he would be back for the first day of college which would be three months from now. Apparently, he’s going to Seoul University as well. Although, I didn’t take the scholarship the school offered me since it felt unfair for those who have really worked hard, I managed to get myself in.

“Ugh! I wish we could just go to the same school!” Jijae whined as she hugged me tightly. I laughed at her statement. “We’re just 3 hours away and besides, I can handle myself.” Jijae faced me and smiled. “Stay away from bullies.” She joked, winking. I nodded.

 

For the last time, I looked around me. I could say that it’s been one hell of a school year. I never knew I would finish and to top that, I finished with honors. I looked at the people that made it hard but still I thanked them because I finished strong. I smiled to myself an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter