Response

Call me B.I

Be my girfriend“

 

I looked through out the window and listened to some music. It was dark. It was quiet. The first thing I did when I arrived at my house was eating and showering. Now I’m watching the stars and hoping for seeing a shooting star. I just needed it. The only thing I wished was to turn the time back. Just for 2 hours. Not more, not less.

Why?

To give Hanbin a better response. No, not a better response. At least a response.

After the confession I just ran away, hoping that he would think I didn’t hear him. Where did he even find the courage to confess me? Just because I’m nice to him? Why would he irritate me? We were just good friends right? Just good friends…

Hell, no! We were more than friends. I knew that already. But I thought it would be just a flirt for Hanbin? How should I know that he had feelings for me? I mean he doesn’t even think I’m attractive. He sometimes treat me like I’m a boy.

But the whole hugs and kisses and jealousy. Ahh I really don’t know!

 

-----------------

„So?“

„So what?“ Confusedly I looked at Soohyun.

I went to Soohyun on the next day because of what happened yesterday. I couldn’t wait until the weekend was over.

„So… What do you want me to tell you?“

„What do you think? What should I do?“ I was still confused of what Soohyun said to me.

„Ah jinjja Unnie! Isn’t it obvious? My answer?“

I frowned and stared at her sightlessly.

„Of course you should date him! Are you that stupid?“

I took a deep breath before I continued „Look Soohyun. I said you should help me and not just your opinion“

Soohyun slapped her own face „You are so stupid… You asked for my opinion and not for my help“

As a response I rolled my eyes „It’s easy for you to say go out with him. But could you, even a little bit, consider my feelings? Is it that easy for you to going out, when you didn’t date your whole life?“

Soohyun stared at me and though for a second „Unnie look. That’s why you should date him. First: You didn’t date your whole life and it’s about time to learn the taste of love. Second: It’s because I consider your feelings. Do you think I don’t know that you have a crush on him? I know you for years and it’s the first time that you behave like this because of a boy and third and the strongest fact: He is the only boy who treats you different than the others. While you know B.I and Hanbin, me and also all the other girls don’t know who Hanbin is. They just see the cool B.I in him, but you? You know all of his sides“

Wordlessly I looked at Soohyun. My eyes went wide open. I didn’t know that Soohyun saw all of these things in me and even in him.

„That’s why you should accept his confession“

„I don’t know how to do it. I don’t know how to start the conversation“

„I won’t tell you how to start a conversation. It should happen naturally and not as plan“

--------------

Today was Monday – the D-day!

Before the lesson has started, I saw Hanbin laying on his table. His eyes were closed. I didn’t want to bother him.

Well, these topics fit to lunchtime.

After two hours of math the bell rang.

I went to the cafeteria and ordered something to eat. While I was sitting I searched for Hanbin. Behind me I heard some loud laughter. While turning around I saw Hanbin talking with his boy clique. I was too afraid to go over to him, when all the cool boys were gathered around him.

Okay Hayi-ya… You still have a free period to talk with him.

--------------

On the free period I went to the rooftop. I wrote Hanbin a message that he should come here. I looked at my watch and 14 minutes have passed since I wrote him a message. If he doesn’t show up in 6 minutes than I will go.

I looked at the cloudless sky. It was a sunny day but the air was still cold. And it was even colder when it breezed.

The times were you looked through the window and thought about that it will be warm and after going out you notice it’s not warm at all… It was these kind of days. When I was a kid I named it ‚ fake sun‘ because the sun was lying to me. What an idiot I was. I chuckled lightly.

As I looked at my phone I noticed that Hanbin read my message 10 minutes ago. What an ! At least he could text me back.

As I went back through the stairway I saw Hanbin running.

„Where were y-“

Suddenly he took my arm and went upstairs to the rooftop.

„You missed your chance Mister. Let me go so that I can go back to class“

„You have waited for long right?“ He slowly touched my hands „So cold“

As he touched my hands, I felt my heart jumping.

„Of course I’ve waited. Even my nose is running“ I rolled my eyes.

He started to rub my hands with his. „Better now?“

„Ani… This won’t help“ As I saw him focussing and blowing on my hands I smiled a little bit.

„It’s your problem! Why are you going out without your jacket? Are you that stupid?“

My head turned red and I started to stutter „How… how should I know when it was your fault coming late?“

He slowly looked up to me. Then I realized, it was one of those days were he wouldn’t wear a cap. His hair was messy with little curles. Ah soo cuteee~

„So why did you call me?“

I felt my face turning even redder „You know… In front of my house. I- I wanted to give you a response“

Suddenly Hanbin threw his head back and started to laugh.

„W-wae? Is it that funny?“

While laughing he said „ You know Hayi. You don’t have to give me a response. I’m fine without it“

Is he a pabo? I want to be your girlfriend you !

„Ya Hayi.. I have to go now. I promised Bobby today. Bye then!“ He ruffled my hair and went away.

What was that?

 

After the free period we had just one lesson.

While I was doodling on my collegeblock I thought about what happened before. I’ll kill Soohyun… After school I’ll definietly kill her. And Hanbin? He is already dead for me. I was so nervous while I called him to the rooftop… So nervous that I could barely speak. But I have fought against it. Since 3 days I am thinking how I could open the topic again for Hanbin. But what happened? All is gone to waste. Nothing happened.

Was he even serious as he said „Be my girlfriend“? Doesn’t he have enough courage to hear my answer? Is he that dumb?

Ah jinjja. If he doesn’t want to hear what I have to say than it’s his problem. I don’t care… But it would be wonderfull if we could date….

WTF? Hayi-ya come to your sense. You have nothing to lose. He is the one who lost!

„As your homework do the task 1 and 3“

Finally, the long school day came to an end. It was really hard to study after the class trip.

As I went home I saw Bobby joking with Hanbin. I tried to ignore them but…

„Hayi! Why are you alone. Let’s walk together“ Bobby took my backpack.

I said nothing and walked with them so that it should look as if nothing happened.

„A new caffe has opened. I am befriend with the owner“ Bobby said as he looked at me and Hanbin.

„I don’t have time for that“

I looked at Hanbin while I furrowed my brows „Busy musy?“

„Well then, let’s go together Hayisshi. Just the two of us“ Bobby winked at me and put his arm around my shoulder.

„Sounds good“ I gave him a smile.

As Bobby stared at me for a second longer than he should he suddenly said „You are really pretty when you smile“.

I suddenly shrugged and said to make it less awkward „Then I think I should pay attention whom I smile to“

He just laughed and behind us I felt some cold shiver.

„Yaa! You two. I’ll come with you“

„What happened? I thought you had no time for us“ Bobby while showing his bunny teeth.

„I just… got a message“

Jealous pabo…

 

As we three sat on the caffe we talked about the school trip.

„The forest was still the best“ Bobby bite on his double chocolate cheese cake muffin.

Hanbin leaned back „Yea. There was the most action“

„I think the museum was also interesting“ I took a sip of my chocolate chip cappuccino.

„Aigo“

„Ah jinjja this girl“

Both of them hit my head.

„Yaa“ I tried to protect my head.

„But seeing all the girls scared, made me want to protect them. Especially Jinny“  Bobby laughed and his eye-smile were shaped like a moon.

„Jinny was really cute“ Hanbin started to bit his bottom lip.

While I was glaring at him I hit him with my foot.

„And then Lee Hayi was such a hindrance“

I turned my head towards Hanbin „Waeyo?“

„First of all your stomach was growling the whole time. And then you hurt your food. I had to carry you all the way back to the dorm“

„You… First of all you and Jinny ate my food. And then, it is natural that someone might hurt himself. And I even said that you shouldn’t carry me“ I raised one brow.

„You said that you weren’t hungry. How should I know it?“

„Yaa ya ya! You two stop nagging will ya? It’s always the same. How could you even remember little things like that?“ Bobby took his last bite on his muffin.

Hanbin cleard his throat out of embarassment.

 

After we got out of the coffe it was quiet dark outside.

„Hayi our houses are in different directions right?“ Bobby looked at me.

I just nodded.

„Maybe one of us can bring you home“ Bobby searched for answers while staring at Hanbin.

„I can bring her since I have something to do after that“ Hanbin and Bobby punched their fists as a „goodbye“.

„See ya“ Bobby turned away and walked.

Me and Hanbin were both walking without talking which wasn’t awkward at all.

„What are you doing after that?“ I looked at Hanbin. But he didn’t response.

I looked up to the sky „Woah woaaah!“

Hanbin furrowed his brows and followed my eyes.

„Omg!“

My eyes widened as I watched the full red moon.

„It’s a blood moon“

„Woah so cool“ I said to Hanbin.

„Do you see it the first time?“ Hanbin turned to me now.

„Yes! Did you saw one before?“

„Yes..“ His mood suddenly changed.

„When was it?“ I asked him still with an excited face.

Hanbin took my hand and we went to a bench.

 

 

„It was the day were my father left me and my mum“