Desperate

Call me B.I

In the forest the sky vanishes almost completely, only a few fragments of blue remain- like scattered pieces of an impossible jigsaw puzzle. The air is rich with the scent of leaves and loam, damp too. Even so many hours after the rains have passed, the soil remains wet, slowly releasing its heady fog. Outside is the noon daylight, the powerful rays of early summer, but in here everything is cool. The only movement is the occasional bird, startling in a tree or a squirrel dashing up a nearby trunk. The sound of running water in the brook has the same hypnotic quality as music, wanting to stop just to drink in the sound.

I took all the air in my lungs, hold it and expel it slowly.
All the trees were tightly-knit, just one strand in a massive web of life. Green leaves, yellow leaves, red leaves. It was a rainbow of rich, autumnal colours. The scent of earth and water drifted through the air. The view was just like a picture. I shot many photos.

“Will you stop it? It’s annoying always waiting for you” Hanbin took my phone away.

“Give it back!” I stretched my arm out to take my phone back but he grabbed my hand and pulled it.

“Yaa Kim Hanbin!”

“You are always the last. Don’t you notice it?”

“So what?”

He ignored me and pushed my back so that I could walk in front of him.

“Eyy Hanbin is worried about you Hayi-ya” Bobby had a sly smile on his face.

In the corner of my eye I could see Jinny rolling her eyes.

As we walked suddenly Jinny started to scream. “Take it away! Take it away!!”

Everyone turned their heads. On Jinny’s shoulder there was a big spider. “YAAA!!!”

She started to fidget and waved with her hands like a little kid.

“Don’t move!” Hanbin shouted at her. After that she pinched her eyes and tried not to move anymore. Subsequently Hanbin took a limb on the ground and removed the insect. Jinny’s eyes still were closed and you could see some tear drops on her cheeks.

Soohyun immediately walked towards Jinny and tried to comfort her. “Jinny-unnie.. It’s over. Don’t cry”

Bobby on the other hand walked backwards. “W-where is it?”

I laughed at his behavior. “Oppa it’s away. Don’t worry!”

“Gwaenchana?“ B.I bowed at her so that he could see her face clearly. She just nicked.

 

Soohyun put her arm around my waist. “Don’t look like that Unnie”

“I envy them. I also want some insect on me” We spoke in a tone where no one could hear us.

“Are you a stupid?” She hit me.

We both started to giggle until Jinny gave us a death glare.

 

-----------------------

“Ha!! Reached the the Check Point!”

On the Check Point there were two of the staff members.

“These are all kind of mixed juices”

“In total there are 4 kind of juices. You will get one point for each type”

We slowly tasted the different juices. The aroma of the drink was sweet, fresh.. It definitely is….

“Strawberry! “

“Mine is blueberry!” Soohyun also looked pleased with her drink.

“I think mine is mix of banana and apple” Jinny took just one sip.

“OMO, OMO! I DON’T KNOW!”

All of our heads turned to Bobby. “There is definitely lemon but something else too!”

“Give it to me” We all took a sip but couldn’t guess what it was.

Hanbin took the drink away from me and also drunk it. After that he made a weird face.

“Tastes like celery…” He put his tongue out.

“What the… How could someone mix lemon with celery. DISGUSTING!!” Bobby shout at the staff members but they just laughed.

“Do you think we let you pass that easily?”

“Good job! You are the first team who guessed lemon with celery”

Everyone got excited.

 

------------------

“Guys do you know where the other station is?” Jinny asked us.

Soohyun grabbed her bag and searched for the map. “Let’s look to the map~”

We stopped and waited for her. Her face suddenly went pale.

“Soohyun? What is it?” I walked to her and helped her searching for the map.

“Did she lost it?” Bobby too searched for it.

“I-I think I forgot it on the Check Point” Her face looked desperate.

“Great” Jinny rolled her eyes and walked to Hanbin. “Oppa my feet are hurting and I’m hungry”

What’s with her? Why is she acting so innocent suddenly?

“Should we go back?” Bobby looked at Hanbin since he is like a leader in the team. Even if he doesn’t talk a lot everyone’s trust was on him. He must feel pressured. Before Hanbin getting angry I barged in between.

“I think we should separate us. Two of us go back and the other three are resting. Since Jinny is tired she should stay her”

“I feel guilty so I will go back” Soohyun’s eyes looked determined.

“I also don’t mind going back. I’ll go with you” I smiled at Soohyun so that she should feel a little bit less pressured since she put all of the guilt on herself.

“Aniyo!” Everyone’s eyes went to Hanbin. Finally he talked.

“Waeyo?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Do you think I will let you two alone? Not with your sense of direction”

“Ya! What’s with our sense of direction?”

He came closer to me and poked my forehead so strong that my head went backwards. “It’s terrible”

“Oww..” I my forehead.

“Then I will go with them” Bobby winked at us.

“Arasso” Hanbin nicked, then looked at me and smirked.

“W-w-w-wait” I looked over to Jinny and Hanbin. “Will just the two of them wait here?”

“Yeah. So what?” He still had a smirk on his face. Yaa! Do you do it on purpose?

“I think, I mean thinking theoretically it’s better if three of us wait here”

“Wae?” Bobby raised an eyebrow. Stop it already! Soohyun please help me!!

“She’s right. Hayi will wait with Hanbin and Jinny.“ Soohyun looked over to me. “Bobby ga ja” After that he took his arm and pulled him.

As they were gone there was an oppression silence.

“So you made it after all” Jinny looked at me with an annoyed expression on her face.

“Mwo?” I tilted my head. What is she talking about?

She just sighed.

Hanbin yawned while sitting and leaning against a tree. He put his snapback on his face to sleep. Or to avoid us?

Jinny smirked at me while she walked towards Hanbin and sat next to him as close as she could.

I pressed my lips together as I saw her acting like that. Looking for a good spot I saw a stone and sat on it.

“Yaa do you have something to eat? I’m still hungry” Jinny’s tone wasn’t like a question. It was like an order.

I took my bag and searched for something to eat. I saw my lunchbox and opened it and OMG IT LOOKED DELICIOUS. Thanks mum! You’re the best!!

In it were more than two slices of bread with an extra slice of butter. It was filled with cheese, salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, chicken and different kind of spices. My mouth already watered as I looked at it.

“Omo~ It looks so yummy!!” Jinny run towards me and took the sandwich out of it. There still was one left. Even I also was hungry I left the bread in it.

“Aren’t you hungry?” She bit on her sandwich.

“Ani..”

After some time Hanbin woke up.

“Slept well B.I-jjang?” Jinny did a little bit of aegyo. She is such a witch when no one was looking.

“Are you hungry?” I asked him as I heard his stomach growling.

“Kind of” He stretched his arms out and yawned. Eyy.. So cute! Like a big baby.

He walked towards me and pushed me so that he also could sit on the stone. “You’re so fat I don’t even fit in it”

“Yaa I’m not fat!”

“Do you think you are thin? I see a big of a difference between you and Jinny” He laughed.

“Aniyo.. I’m just small.. and maybe a little bit chubby?” I looked to the ground with red cheeks. What am I talking about? Don’t let your guards down, Hayi!

 “You are the one is fat. Go away if you don’t fit in” I also pushed him and he nearly fell to the ground but he held on me.

 Jinny just followed us with her eyes. “You two get along well”

“You mean this is getting along well?” I burst into a laughter. Hanbin turned his head to me.

“What?”

Suddenly his stomach rumbled.

“Ah I forgot” I took the lunchbox from my bag and gave it to him. As he saw the sandwich he asked me. “Did you eat something?”

I looked to Jinny and she looked at me. I didn’t want to say that I gave the other bread to her. He wouldn’t eat it because of me.

“Yes I ate something”

He started to eat it. As he had just one bit left my stomach also growled. Shut up!!

“Are you still hungry?” He stared at me.

“Aniya. It’s just the sound of the digestion” I had a half smile on my face.

“Ya eat it” He gave me the piece of bread but I didn’t take it. “Eat it!”

“No!” I turned my head away and crossed my arms. Afterwards he put his arm around me and tried to turn my head.

“W-what are you d-doing?!”

With his other hand he tried to put the food in my mouth.

“Open your mouth!”

After a “long way” of fighting against it I opened my mouth and eat it. By accident I his finger.

He crinkled his nose and wiped his finger on my clothes.

“Am I that disgusting to you?” I looked straight at him.

He just smiled and pinched my cheeks. “I’m making fun of you chubby-ya”

“Ch-chubby? Have some respect for a girl!” I immediately stood up, hit him and walked towards Jinny who was ignoring me. But it didn’t bother me. I went to Hanbin’s previous place. The main point was that I could be far away from him.

Hanbin was just laughing.

 

-------------------------

I looked to my phone. “It passed more than one hour… I’m worried”

“Bobby is with here so don’t worry” Hanbin didn’t look concerned at all. But it is on his nature. He never looked emotional.

I tried to call Soohyun but my phone hadn’t any network.

“Omo”

Jinny looked to my mobile phone. “What is it?”

“My phone is unusable. Like what the rumors said”

Hanbin walked towards me and sat between me and Jinny. He also took his phone out. “Mine too” Also Jinny took her smartphone out. “I also don’t have any network. Ottoke?”

“But why so sudden? I mean before we separated my phone did function” I looked at Hanbin with a worried face.

“Don’t worry. We are in the middle of the forest. It’s quite normal… I think”

“Y-you think?” I raised my eyebrows.

“B.I I’m scared..” Jinny held his arm. Even in this kind of situation I felt my blood rushing all over my body just because of jealousness. I stood up and squeezed my body between Jinny and Hanbin. I saw Hanbin throwing his head back and smiling in amusement. Does he enjoy it that much?

I tried to comfort Jinny while patting her head. “Gwaenchana Jinny-ya..” I felt her anger because of me coming in between him and her.

Suddenly all of us heard a rustle in the bushes. Jinny hugged me and I hugged her. Hanbin stood up and narrowed his eyes. He took a big stone on the ground as a weapon.

“W-w-w-what was that?” Jinny stuttered.

“We will die”

“Shut up! Both of you!” His face was flushed because of anger. He clenched his jaw.

Slowly Hanbin neared the bush and looked behind. There was nothing.

 

“BUH!”

Everyone turned to the other direction. Bobby came with Soohyun. Jinny and me screamed and Hanbin throw the stone towards their direction without realizing it that it was Bobby. But he could dodge it.

“Yooo! Bro what’s with you???!!”

“YAA KIMBAP!! BE CAREFUL!”

Hanbin walked towards Bobby and they both punched their fists as a “hello”.

“Never ever let me alone with these crazy girls”

I ran to Soohyun and hugged her. “Did something happen? I couldn’t contact you”

“We were lost. We couldn’t even find the Station” She bowed her head because she really felt guilty.

“Ya Soohyun I said it’s not your fault” Bobby her arm.

Jinny also walked towards us. “Don’t let me alone here” Well, not towards us but towards Hanbin.

Suddenly the bush rustled again. Without realizing it I hugged the person who was the nearest to me. It was Hanbin. From behind I felt Soohyun hugging me and Bobby hugging Jinny and somehow we all were connected to each other. It was like a group hug, not because of happiness, but because of fear. We were quiet. No one spoke a word.

Something went out from the bush and it was just ……….a raccoon.

A RACCOON?

“What the..” Hanbin raised his eyebrows.

“YAA DON’T SCARE US LIKE THAT! Gosh Raccoon gosh!!!” We all started to shout.

Everyone let go and I realized late that I still was hugging Hanbin.

“Do you feel that protected from me?” Hanbin throw his head back to see my face. As I looked up to see him I saw a smirk. Gosh Hanbin stop it, will ya?!

I pushed him and he shook with laughter. I softly tapped against my chest because I felt uncomfortable to feel my heart beating like that. Hopefully he couldn’t hear it. His eyes still followed every of my movements. I couldn’t tell if he still was smiling or looking serious because I felt so embarrassed to see his face.

Jinny could feel the awkwardness so she interfered us. This time thank you Jinny-ya!

 

---------------------

We walked to a direction we didn’t know, hoping we would find an exit.

 “Don’t you think that the road disappearing?” Bobby flashed to the ground.

“I think we are in the prohibited location. The red marked place, remember?” Soohyun’s eyebrows furrowed and she bit her lower lip.

Hanbin sighed. “We are completely lost”

 

 

 

WE ARE LOST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FORBIDDEN ZONE???!!!!

 

Author’s note: Please tell if you aren’t satisfied with this chapter. Somehow it looks rushed all over the place. I don’t know why.. Is it because of my motivation? Ahh I want to cry. I also tried to do a little bit fluff but not that much since it wasn’t the right time or the right place for it. Hanbin is someone who doesn’t show his concern about someone if so many people are around him. But I will try to do more in the next chapters. Be patient with me! I’m kinda slow with these kind of things since I don’t want to end the story so fasttt ㅠㅠ