Lost

Call me B.I

The wind howled and blew a bitter chill past the dying trees. It danced with the leaves and dragged them away unwillingly from the autumn ground. The forest seemed to never end. Tall silhouettes shadowing the ground, screams echoing through the wind.

We still stuck in the forest and it was so dark that we had to open our flashes of our phones. The batteries were low of everyone. We didn’t have enough food so we could hear everyone’s growling stomach. Desperately we shouted the name of our teacher, of our class mates and even the name of the staff: Hiko and Kisho.

 

“I can’t.. My dear friends… go without me. From now on I’m just a hindrance…”

“Ya Kimbap! Shut up with the nonsense and move your ” Hanbin hissed while he turned back to Bobby.

“Aigoo what’s with your overdramatic show?” Soohyun walked to Bobby and pulled his arm to the rest of us.

Unexpectedly Jinny stopped in the middle of the way. “Yaa! Is it really okey to keep on walking around randomly like this?”  She turned around to see our faces. “At this rate don’t you think it’d be the best if we just wait for someone to find us?”

Everyone got quiet. No one opened their mouths. 

“There is a sound of a river!” I immediately raised my head.

“According to the map near the river was a Check Point” Hanbin furrowed his brows.

“You remember the map?” Bobby gasped. “How… Are you even a human?”

“Nah.. just a little”

“Then let’s go over there. Maybe there are people” Soohyun’s eyes widened and she started to jump cause of happiness.

Everyone walked where the sound came from except one.

“Jinny?”

“I don’t want to” She crossed her arms and avoided eye-contact.

“Seriously what’s with you?” Bobby moaned.

Hanbin walked to Jinny and hold her wrist. He intensively stared into her eyes. She wanted to ignore him but couldn’t. No one could do it. Hanbin has this special power to hypnotize people so Jinny was also manipulated by his stare.

“I hate people who are nagging a lot”

Her eyes widened and she couldn’t say anything back. Suddenly Hanbin pulled her and drag her along.

Looking at them having skin contact made me mad. Okey… It’s stupid for being jealous now but it looked like he cared for her. Hanbin is someone who would let someone stay back. If she was just an unnecessary person he wouldn’t even take his time to talk to the person. Urgh… Hayi-ya stop stalking on them.

“I SEE THE CHECK POINT” Everyone ran towards the station. There was no person but to know that we weren’t completely lost relieved us. While I was running I step on a hole on the ground so all my weigh went to my right foot. I nearly slipped but Bobby held my arm.

“Uwaaah”

“Hayi!”

“Th-that surprised me”

“Be careful Hayi-ya.. Gwaenchana?”

“Yeah..”

We continued our walk to the station but I couldn’t walk normally anymore. My right foot hurt so badly.

Hanbin turned around and we made eye contact. He let go Jinny’s arm and walked towards me. As I saw him coming closer my heart started to pound faster.

After reaching the Check Point we all lay on the ground. Hanbin still was right beside me.

“It hurts right?”

I turned my head to him. He was so close that I nearly forgot how beautiful his face was.

“Not that much”

All of a sudden it got one inch darker.

“Ahh my battery is also dead” Bobby tried to open his phone but it didn’t function. The only ones who were working were mine and Soohyun’s.

“Ya close the flash”

I immediately turned back to Hanbin. “Waeyo?”

“We all are resting so we don’t need much light. Maybe we’ll need it later on.”

“Arasso~” I turned off the light and it get really dark and… a little bit romantic? Since Hanbin was so close I turned my back to him. I would die if I continue to look at him.

“Ya!”

“What?”

“Look at me!”

“Why?”

I waited for a response but no one was talking anymore. It was so quiet and peaceful.

“Are you sleeping?” Hanbin lift his head to look at me.

“Aniyoo…”

“Woah don’t leave me alone”

“What are you talking about Hanbinnie?” Bobby shook with laughter.

“Shut up hyung!” He also laughed.

All of a sudden Hanbin held both of my cheeks and turned my head to him. “What are you doing?”

With his upper body he came closer. He still held my head. I couldn’t bring a word out. He was so close, it was dark, it was quiet… What is he trying to do?

“Stop!” I closed my eyes and put my arms around me to protect my body.

“Can’t you stay still? There is an insect on your head”

“Omg!” In a second I stood up and shake my head. With my hand I rubbed my hair. “I-Is it gone?”

Everyone laughed at me.

“Ya Hayi! There was nothing. Hanbin just played with you” Soohyun giggled with Bobby.

Jinny who tried not to laugh had a silent snicker.

“Why are you being like that?” I hit Hanbin’s chest.

“It’s boring and you are the only one who is funny” Hanbin who had a sly smirk on his face pulled me to the ground to sit. “Just calm down now”

“YAA B.I! Am I not funny?” Bobby nagged

 

-------------------------------

Jinny and Bobby were already sleeping. Soohyun rested her head on my shoulder and Hanbin still lay on the ground.

“Unnie my batteries have just 1%”

“You can turn it off already” I opened the light of my phone.

After that she talked in a whisper. “Can you sing a song for me?”

When I sleep with Soohyun she always wants that I sing a song for her. She thinks my voice is so soulful and perfect to fall asleep. Once she told me that I should make a cd for her with all my songs in it so that she could listen to it at nights and fall asleep.

I started to sing whistle.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbuqJAfIrx0                                            (Listen to it while reading!!)

English lyrics:

On this mountain top with the sunset, where you left me
You’re scent still remains so I am standing like this
How far were you going to go when you left me?
Did you want to leave so much that you begged me?

My dear, my child-like dear
You left me as you whistled
My dear, my rose

 

As I finished singing I saw Soohyun sleeping. I placed her next to Bobby and Jinny.

“You have a good voice”

“Thank you”

Suddenly Hanbin placed his head on my lap. “Please continue..”

I smiled and continued. He closed his eyes but I knew that he wasn’t sleeping. Somehow I wanted to touch his hair so I did it while I was singing. It wasn’t awkward. It was so natural.

 

 

“Do you know why I didn’t look forward to the trip?” He opened his eyes and stared at me. His dark eyes filled with softness and gentleness. Like his personality his eyes can change from a cold stare to a warm and deep look. From above his eyelashes looked much longer and fuller than usual. I didn’t answer so that he could go on.

“I have so many bad memories here in japan”

“What happened?”

“I lived here with my family because of my dad. He was half Korean and half Japanese.”

“And why is it that bad?”

“He wasn’t a good father so they got divorced” He still looked through my eyes and I could see his pain. He must suffered a lot and I think there is more than ‘He wasn’t a good father’.

“I see” I was happy to be able to know a little bit about his past so I didn’t ask for more. I didn’t want to put him under pressure. But since we got a little bit closer every day I was sure that I will have many chances to know more about him.

“But somehow the trip isn’t that bad. Even if it’s the first day and even if we stuck in this stupid place… It’s somehow interesting”

“What do you mean interesting? I even lost all hopes that we will get out of here alive and you think it’s interesting?” I laughed.

He lifted his head and sat. “Don’t laugh” He hit me with his elbow.

“Ahhh I’m sorry”

“Does your foot still hurt?”

“Not yet. I think it’s healed” I stood up to show him but right after putting my foot to the ground it hurt like crazy.

“Your facial expression says something different” He tried to suppress his laughter.

I crinkled my nose.

“Come sit” He tried to help me to sit again by holding my hand and with the other hand my waist. Immediately after touching my waist I felt electricity through my whole body.

“Hayi-ya”

“Mh?”

Suddenly my stomach started to growl. It was so loud and so long that Hanbin burst into laughter. It was so embarrassing that I had to cover my red cheeks with my hand.  

“Today… You didn’t eat anything am I right?”

“What gives you that idea?” I asked him.

“Did Dokki do something to you?” All in a sudden his face changed. A cute and laughing Hanbin transformed into a serious and scary B.I.

“W-why now Dokki?”

“Today in the morning you suddenly got angry. Did he do something to you?” He looked right into my eyes… his beautiful dark and intense eyes. I wanted to avoid him but how can I ignore something like that?

“He didn’t do anything. I even forgot what happened” I tried to smile to give him a signal that everything was alright between Dokki and me.

He rolled his eyes after realizing that I’m not feeling comfortable to talk to him about my personal issues with Dokki.

“Fine..”

His body which was attentive looking at me is now turned to another direction. He ran his hand through his hair. OMG HOT BABY SO HOT!!

I stared at him until he turned his face back to me. I immediately looked away to hide my blush.

“You’re so creepy sometimes Hayi-ya”

“W-W-WAE?”

“Are you just because I touched my hair? Is it even normal?”

“Y-ya! You won’t understand the feelings of girls”

“Ahh right…. A girl” He smirked. What does he mean with ‘a girl’? Does he see me as a boy?

“You know y-“

Suddenly we heard some voices.

“JINNY!! SOOHYUN!! HAYI!! BI.I! BOBBY!!!”

“JINNY!! SOOHYUN!!”

“B.I!!! BOBBY!!!”

We heard our names.

Hanbin shout back. “WE ARE HERE!!!”

“Omg is that B.I?”

Finally we saw Mrs.Park along with some students. Hiko and Kisho and some other staff members were also there.

I woke up the rest. Hanbin made a hand sign so that they could see us.

“B.I-jjang!!” So many girls were after B.I. All of them hugged him. Some even started to cry.

Jidam ran towards me and hugged. “OMO!! YOU AREN’T DEAD!”

Many boys went to Jinny. Jinny Park who is always annoyed of the fanboys is enjoying it now? DAEBAK!

All in a sudden someone hit my head. “Oww”

“You stupid girl!” Dokki now hugged me so strong that I even couldn’t breathe.

I saw Hanbin coming that way. Did he saw that?

“Here”

Hanbin squat down with his back to me. “I will carry you so get on!”

“Ehhhh that’s fine. It’s embarrassing” I waved with my hands as a sign that I didn’t want to.

“I’m giving a about your shyness right now”

Soohyun took my bag.

As I climb on, Hanbin made a weird sound. AM I THAT FAT?  

“That’s why I should walk!”

“It’s fine that you are heavy. I can properly feel that you are here”

What a weird follow-upI rolled my eyes.

But somehow I don’t dislike it being told something like ‘it’s fine that you’re here’

I’m weird right?