Australian Adventures: Her strength............

Running Away Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's pov.......

Death...

A word that everyone fears. The first time I saw death is when I held a dead bird in my hand when I was young. The next is when I attended the funeral of my friend's grandparents. I don't know what to feel, I don't know if I'm going to be sad or what. But I know that it will bring tremendous pain to others.

For me, it was my first time experiencing it. The pain was just so sudden that I didn't even remember it. I didn't saw my past like everyone say's, but I saw a glimpse of the future I wanted to have.... 

I just wake and it was dark. A small light was my only guide in that darkness. I keep following that light until I was in a place, a house. Then I heard some people playing. I then went to the backyard and saw a man with a little girl in his arm. I can't figure his face but the girl was very much affectionate to him. Then the little girl suddenly wanted to go to me so the man bring her down, and the kid walk towards me.

I knelt down to know hat she looks like cause, I have a feeling that I know her. When she touches my face I felt I have known her for a lifetime.

"You have to go back" the young girl said to me...

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

But she just smile to me and said "Your not done yet with your journey so go back" the kid say again but now, she suddenly push me making me fall backwards. I didn't even know that there was a hole behind me and I just fall into its depth, while my eyes was fixated on the little girl and the man she was with, waving at me.

That is when I slowly open my eyes and saw Jiyong beside me... He was crying, and saying something to me. Then I felt his lips into mine. I don't even know why that instant he kissed me, I felt life being pumped into me. I felt his soft lips, and it made me feel at ease, like I will be alright. His warm tears dropped in my cheeks, give warm through my whole body. 

After that, men in uniform suddenly went into our room, and check on me. They flash their flashlight into my eyes and I just follow it. What happen?, why I can't move?, I'm okay Jiyong, I'm alright. I want to say those to him but why does my voice can't reach him.

I saw everything, how they move me, into a stretcher, move into an ambulance and even the ride to the hospital, I felt it. No I saw all of it, but why I can't damn move. The funny thing is that with everything happening to me, the only sensation that I can feel is Jiyong's touch, his tears that drop into my skin, and his lips which constantly kissing my hand. 

But my mind was tired. I wanted to sleep, though I have just waken up from a dream, My eyes were so heavy that I need to close it. And when I did, I heard Jiyong shouted at me.

"Wake UP Taeyeon!!! Don't Sleep!! I need you to come back to me!!" 

But I was to numb to respond, and I just surrender to sleep.

Jiyong's pov......

 

"Wake UP Taeyeon!!!! Don't Sleep!!" I shouted as I saw her eyes closed. I then shake her shoulder to wake her up. But the nurse there suddenly stop me.

"Sir don't do that!" The nurse reprimand me. "she is in stable condition now. Her stats are stable." 

The drive to the hospital was suffocating. I don't know if the beeping sound from the machine is indicating she is alive but seeing her eyes closed was telling me otherwise. 

I was crying, begging god to let her live. I was by her side a long the way, telling her reasons for living. I held her hand caressing it. I want her to live. It might be selfish that I want her to live for me. I want to see her awkward smile, when I wake in the morning, I want to see her cheerfulness that brighten up my day, I want her laugh linger in my ear, I want ..... I want her to be with me.....

 

When we arrive at the hospital, I was surprised that Dr. Hawkins was there.

"What are her vital signs? He ask checking Taeyeon's pulse.

"Her vital signs are normal Doc... but her heart rate was very irregular compare to normal rate" the nurse said to him. They then rush her to the ER. I wanted to enter the room but they ushered me out. So I waited outside of the ER, I don't know if they are doing the surgery on her... but I prayed that she will be alright.

After an hour waiting Dr, Hawkins walkout of the room. 

"Sir is Taeyeon alright? Will she live? Did you do the surgery?" I continuously ask him.

"Calm down Mr Kwon..." He said to me and then ask me to sit down "Ms. Kim is alright, she is just sleeping now. Base on her vitals she will be alright for now" He explained to me.

When I heard that she will be going to be alright, I let out a deep sigh. I rake my hair, and I didn't notice that I was smiling an crying at the same time.

"But still her condition will still be the same. Good thing you are there and done CPR on her, if you came a little late, she might be dead by now.... Oh yeah you can see her now" He then patted my arm and walk away.

I then enter the room and see her sleeping. She looks peaceful like nothing ever happen to her. She even mumbled something like...."Appa don't leave me", "Sica, I'm sorry", and lastly "Jiyong, help me". I've felt my hear crushed when she call my name for help. 

"How can I help you? I can't even make you better.... I'm sorry Taeng" I held her hand and cry. I cry for my hopelessness, and in my inability.... "Sorry Taeng......"

 

Taeyeon's pov....

 

I wake up by the beeping sound of something. As I open my eyes, I wake up in a room filled with machines. I then notice something in my mouth, I try to move my hand but there are was a tube stuck in my right arm. 

I then tilted my head to the right and saw Jiyong sleeping. Where am I? What happen? I ask myself. I gather some strength and move my hand again, but It just woke up Jiyong.

"Taeng?......" He called me. I just look at him, cause I found my throat dry. "Hey what are you feeling?" I saw panic in his eyes and when I didn't respond. He shouted "Nurse!!!!, help!!!!"

He then tell's me that it will be alright, that I was safe and well. But what happen? I can't remember what happen this morning.

After Jiyong called for help, A nurse and a doctor, who I recognize as doctor Hawkins, examine me. But I am too tired to respond. My whole body was heavy.

As soon as they assure Jiyong that I was alright, Dr. Hawkins remove the oxygen in my mouth. The nurse then helped me sit up which I notice was hard to do. As I sit up I then, the only thing that I wanted was "water" I said with my dried voice.

The nurse hurriedly went and give me a cup of water. I clenched my thirst and it feels great. I then look at them, and ask what happen.

"Ms Kim, according to our report, you were dead for about, 5 minute tops. The tumor in your brain mess up the signals for your heart making it to stop. If not for Mr. Kwon's first aid, you might have not come back to us" Dr. Hawkins explain to me.

I don't know what would I feel, or say. I can't even react. I've died. It means what I dream earlier was not a dream . It was real. I really did died. I then felt my tears flow on my cheeks. It was a lot to take in. The only thing I can do is cry. I cried so hard that Jiyong just embrace me, and let me cry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter