Plan No.1: Meet Me at the Porch

Turning Tables

Taehyung’s POV:

“Hyung, can’t we like stay for a bit longer? Let’s start the practice before lunch!” I said to Hoseok, who was busy tying the lace of his left shoe. We are going to hold some concerts soon, and Namjoon already told us that we are going to be busy, practicing for the performances. I understood every word of that. But no… not now.

“No, Tae. We are going to practice this morning. We are expecting you guys to be there on or before 8:30 am.” Hoseok said. He was one of the group’s funny guys, but when it comes to rehearsals and stuff like that, he becomes serious.

 “No, hyung! I have to watch the new episode if the anime that I am watching! It’s going to be on air today at 9 am! Please, hyung.” I begged Hoseok. He looked at me and smiled. I thought I finally convinced him. I thought wrong.

“No. Tae, we need all the time we could use to prepare for the concerts that we are going to have soon. And you’re not going to be able to watch that this morning, because you, and the rest of the group, are going to the dance studio at 8:30. No bargains.” Hoseok said as he stood up. “Guys! Yoongi-hyung and I are going now! We are going to tha studio to get it ready for practice!” Hoseok shouted. Then, without another word with me, he left.

Why? Why do we have to practice now? Why not later? Why not tomorrow? One day won’t have that much of an effect. I ranted to myself as I headed to the kitchen to drink cold water. I need cold water now to relieve the frustration that’s beginning to eat me.

When I got to the kitchen, I headed straight to the refrigerator and got the pitcher of cold water that was in it. After having a drink, I noticed that Jin was watching me. I felt my ears feel warmer when I realized this, forcing me to drink even more water than I actually wanted. Then, Jin walked closer to me.

“Tae, is there something bothering you?” he asked me. Woah… how did he know there was something bothering me?

I swallowed hard before I finally got to answer him, because it felt like something was blocking my throat. “Oh… h-hyung” Oh god Tae stop stuttering you’re busting your chance. “How did you know?” I continued. Jin smiled his cute smile to me and ruffled my hair. I felt my cheeks and ears getting hotter and hotter with each contact I was making with him. Any contact, actually.

Jin laughed and looked away. “I… I have ways of knowing things.” Jin answered. “So… what is it that’s making you sad this early in the morning?” he continued. He’s always very caring with the other members. That’s one of the things that I like about him, and he continued to show that every single day. It almost makes me think that he knows that I like him for it, but of course there’s no way he would know that. Jimin will surely not tell him about it.

“Hyung, you see, this particular anime that I was watching, it will air a new episode today. The time slot is 9 am, but Hoseok-hyung insists that we should start practicing at 8:30. How am I supposed to watch it?” I complained to Jin, who was listening to me the whole time. When I finished talking, he smiled and patted my back.

“Tae, we should learn how to prioritize things. We have upcoming shows, and we have to rehearse. We should follow what Hoseok said.” Jin said to. I expected that he was going to be with me on this, but I was wrong. I couldn’t help it but just pout at the situation.

“But… I really want to watch it.” I whined as I sat down on the chair. Jin looked at me and sighed.

“Tae, you can watch it later after the practice. That’s why we have internet in the house.” Jin said to me. After feeling better because of the realization that he was right, I looked up to him, but still with the pout that was on my lips. Jin smiled and spoke again. “I know… tell me if you are going to watch. I’ll join you.” Jin said to me, making my body temperature rise again and my heart beat faster. What did he just say? He’s going to join me watching the anime? I asked myself as I smiled to him and jumped up in excitement.

“R-really, hyung? You’ll join me watching later?” I asked him, aware that my eyes are glistening with happiness and excitement. I am internally screaming right now. Jin pulled me to the kitchen and smiled more.

“Yes, I will. So now let’s start preparing the breakfast for the members. We are going to the dance studio at 8:30.” Jin said as he led me to the kitchen to help him cook the breakfast.

I know it is weird, but all the while I was helping him cook the breakfast, I was smiling to myself. I can even feel my cheeks become tired form too much smiling, but I can’t help it but smile to the thought that I get to spend more time with him later. He was really such a kind, thoughtful person, and I really like him for that. What he just did made me just want him more.

So far, this breakfast preparation was the one that I enjoyed the most. It was only the two of us in the kitchen, happily making the food. After we were done preparing the breakfast, Jin told me to go to the other people’s rooms and call them to breakfast, while he was going to set the table up. First, I went to the leader’s bedroom, and knocked at his door. He was already awake, I can tell, judging from all the noise that was inside.

“Hyung! Breakfast is ready!” I shouted from outside his door. I heard the noise stop, then footsteps going to the door.

“Yes! Coming!” Namjoon answered. Then, the footsteps became faster, as if he was running, then suddenly; a sound of breaking glass was heard. I opened the door to see what just happened, and saw that the vase on the table was now on the floor, already broken to several pieces. Namjoon just stood there, looking at the broken vase, then looked at me and smiled.

“Oops, sorry…” Namjoon said. He couldn’t move from his spot, because he was surrounded by shards.

“Really, hyung… destroying things this early.” I said to him as I removed my slippers and tossed them to him. “Come down now, we can clean that later.” I said to him as he put on the slippers and started walking to his bed, where his own slippers were. After putting on his own, he outside and gave me my slippers.

“Thanks.” Namjoon said as he went down and headed to the dining room.

After going that, I went to the shared room of Jungkook and Jimin. I chose to wake them up last, because I thought Jungkook needs more alone time with Jimin.

“Hey, guys! Breakfast is ready! Go down now!” I said from the outside after knocking at the door.

“Ok! We’re going!” Jimin said form the other side. I waited for them to open the door, but after a minute, they didn’t come down, so I knocked again. This time, no one answered. I carefully opened the door to call them down and see what’s happening. What I saw though, wasn’t really what I expected.

Jimin. Straddling Jungkook. On top him. Oh. My. God.

“Oops… sorry if I interrupted something…” I said to Jimin, who was looking at me with a shocked expression.

“No, Tae! It’s not what you think.” Jimin said as he got off a motionless Jungkook.

“Then tell me, what is happening, hyung? Why are you on top of Jungkook?” I said to him. Jimin sighed, and pulled me to the room.

“Jungkook is such a heavy sleeper. I just couldn’t get him to stand up. He’s very stubborn.” Jimin explained as he shook Jungkook again. “Yah, Jungkook, wake up now.” Jimin said. When I looked at Jungkook, I can tell that he was actually already awake, because he was blushing. This guy… pretending to be asleep. Enjoying Jimin-hyung straddling you, huh?

I cleared my throat before I spoke. “Jungkook! Chicken! Jin-hyung cooked chicken, and the other members are already devouring it!” I screamed. In a blink of an eye, Jungkook was up, and was off to the dining room. Jimin looked at me and the two of us laughed.

“You see, hyung, sometimes you have to use tricks to make people act.” I said to him as we continued laughing. After a few moments, we heard Jungkook scream from downstairs.

“YAH! TAE-HYUNG! YOU LIAR!” Jungkook shouted as we climbed down the stairs. When we reached the table, we saw Jungkook glaring at me, while a bowl of soup and a plate of bacon and egg was serve in front of him. “You told me there’s chicken, but all the chicken here is the chicken egg!” Jungkook complained. All four members in the room laughed.

“Ok, now settle down, so we can start eating.” Jin said as me pushed me down on my chair. I was blushing again, and it only became worse when Jin came closer and whispered. “I know this is not your favorite, but I hope you’ll like it.” he said as he headed to his chair and sat down.

We started eating. As usual, Jungkook served Jimin like a pro nanny. But there was something different today between the two of them. They were smiling at each other. Also, it’s as if they are talking to each other using their eyes, and then they will giggle. They were also whispering stuff to each other, which will make the two of them laugh. Are they… are they finally official? Are they actually an item now? I asked myself as I continued eating while watching them. They really are acting like a couple, but that wouldn’t be possible for now. If they really are official now, then Jungkook should’ve told me already. Or at least Jimin should’ve. But since none of them notified me, then it’s not yet official.

After eating and preparing to leave, we loaded the van that will take us to the dance studio. It was only the five of us, because Hoseok and Yoongi already left earlier to fix something for the rehearsals. Jungkook and Jimin loaded the van first, and sat at the back row. Jin and I sat at the middle row, while Namjoon sat beside the driver of the van.

I was really starting to feel happy, not just because of Jin’s promise, but also because Jungkook wasn’t interrupting my moments with Jin. It seems like Jimin convinced Jungkook to stay away from Jin when he talked to him last night, even though I didn’t really listen to their conversation. Maybe I should thank Jimin-hyung later in the studio. Not now – Jungkook still doesn’t know about my feelings for Jin-hyung.

A few minutes later, we arrived at the dance studio. We were a bit earlier than the time Hoseok told us to come, but since they were ready, we started the practice right away.

While practicing, the time seemed like it slowed down. I was starting to get irritated at the feeling, because just when you thought you were already an hour into the practice, you were really just twenty minutes into it. There’s only one possible reason for it – I was very excited to go home and watch with Jin. I can’t wait to go home now.

After what seemed like a century to me, the choreographer finally announced a break. All of the members went to the spots where they put their things, except for Jin. He just stood there, in front of the mirror, still practicing and repeating the choreography.

I don’t want to notice it, but I can’t help but think that Jin isn’t really born to dance. His movements are just… a little awkward for a dancer. But surprisingly, I found the way he was awkward quite cute. It was really cute how awkward his movements were, because he looks like a desperate child. He’s really one, awkward person when it comes to dancing. It makes me wonder if he is also awkward in bed… WHAT THE ARE YOU THINKING TAE! I shook the thought away and mentally gave myself a slap, and then diverted my attention back to the awkward dancer currently trying to dance in front of me. After a few moments of watching him, I decided to step in and help him with the choreography.

“Hyung… do you need help?” I asked him shyly. This is really awkward. “I know I am not the best dancer, but I think I can help.” I continued. Jin stopped, and then smiled at me. Really, his smile is just killing me.

“Can you please teach me how to do this part?” he asked me as he showed that part to me, while singing the song. And his voice… I’m going to melt listening to it.

“Of course, hyung. This is how you do it.” I said to him as I took my place beside him. I danced the part that he was asking me to teach him. I don’t know what has gotten into me, but I think I danced better when I taught him, because I was trying to impress him. Now that’s what you call inspired dancing.

After a few minutes and several repetitions, Jin finally got the dance. We slowly slid down the wall to sit on the floor. We were still tired from practicing, since we didn’t really rest during the break. Just when we got settled on the floor, the choreographer announced the resume of the rehearsals. Jin and I sighed in unison, and then laughed at how bad the events are turning out for us.

“I am sorry if you didn’t get enough rest because of me. I am really sorry.” Jin said as he apologized to me for having me help him with the dance.

“No, hyung. It’s perfectly alright with me. I am happy to help you.” I said to him. With that, he turned and headed to his position in the choreography. I also started walking to my own blocking when Jimin suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the corner of the room.

“What is it hyung?” I asked him when we stopped walking. Jimin looked at me with a serious face.

“Tae, we have to talk later after dinner. Meet me at the porch, ok?” Jimin said to me, I was about to ask him about it, but another thought overtook it.

“Ok, hyung. And by the way, thanks for talking with Jungkook. He stopped interrupting me and Jin-hyung.” I said to him. Jimin smiled at pushed me back to the rest of the group.

watched them as they gave each other a hi-five. Now… there’s really something going on with these two people.

We continued practicing again, only stopping to eat lunch that we ordered from a fast food. The whole practice took about 9 hours, but that felt like the longest 9 hours of my life. It didn’t feel like 9 hours to me at all. It actually seemed like an eternity to me, because I really couldn’t wait to go home and watch anime with Jin. Jin was really into Mario and Disney princesses, but he also likes watching anime. I am already starting to feel like exploding from all the excitement I was feeling and also from the want to end this practice when the choreographer called it a day. Everyone clapped their hands, but I was unable to control my happiness that I jumped in joy. The other members stared at me, and then laughed.

I was feeling very tired, but the excitement kept me awake and energized. When we got home, Jin and I took turns showering and cleaning ourselves and our bags. When we were done, the two of us sat on the bed, with my laptop in front of us. We watched the episode that I wanted to watch. Jin was just there beside me, staring at the screen, just enjoying the show. It was the happiest thirty minutes of my life – just sitting on the bed with Jin, peacefully watching a new anime episode. While watching, I couldn’t help but think like he was very kind to me. Actually, I feel like he was a little kinder to me than to the rest of the group. I felt my cheeks getting hotter from the thought. And even though we had the AC on, I was actually sweating. Maybe it was because of the very small distance between Jin and me. I just ignored what I was feeling, and continued watching the episode and enjoying the moment.

After we watched the anime episode, we went down to the kitchen and started preparing the dinner for the group. This time, Jungkook and Jimin joined us in cooking. Just like the time when we cooked breakfast all together, we divided ourselves into two groups. Jimin and Jungkook were put into one group, while Jin and I were in another group. We worked happily, talking while working through the dinner preparation. Just like during the practice, Jimin and Jungkook were acting weirdly during the dinner cooking. They are still whispering stuff to each other, and they would giggle like fan girls.

When we were about to serve dinner, I suddenly felt dizzy. I just ignored the feeling though, and proceeded to carrying the food that we cooked to the table, while Jimin and Jungkook went to the living room to call the other members to the dining room.

Right after the dinner, I went to the porch and didn’t find Jimin there. Even though the cold air was blowing, I was still sweating a little bit. I was still feeling a little dizzy, but it was nothing out of control. So I just stood there and waited for Jimin to come. After a few minutes, I heard footsteps coming to me.

“Oh, hyung, at last, you came.” I said as I turned around to find a confused Jin standing before me. Wait, why is he here?

“Haha… Why are you here?” Jin asked as he took his spot beside me. We was feeling the cold air rush past him, making his hair fly to every right place. Hot.

“I think I should be asking you that, hyung. Why are you here?” I asked him back. Jin looked at me with an even more confused face.

Jin laughed for a while before he answered. “I don’t know what you’re thinking right now, but actually, back in the rehearsals, Jungkook told me that we needed to talk in the porch after dinner.” Jin said to me. It was my turn to get confused.

“So… you’re here because you and Jungkook are going to talk about something?” I asked him. He nodded at my question.

“How about you? What brought you here?” Jin asked.

“Jimin-hyung told me that we have something to talk about tonight. He told me to go the porch after dinner.” I explained to Jin, who was nodding at my explanation. Right now, the wind was blowing a bit harder and colder, but I was still sweating. My head is also starting to ache a bit.

We just stood there, watching the city streets below. We waited for the people that told us to go to the porch in the first place. Jin was just looking at the sky. I was there, standing, feeling cold, but sweating. After a few more minutes, I was already sweating harder but trembling from the cold. It was really something weird. The feeling was like I was going to freeze, but I was sweating. Jin noticed it.

“Tae, are you alright?” Jin asked me.

“Yes, hyung, just a little cold.” I replied to him. It was easy to tell that I was lying, from the way my body is shaking from the cold. Jin looked at me worriedly and touched my forehead. He quickly withdrew his hand.

“Tae… you’re… hot.” Jin said to me. His words made me blush a little, because for a second I thought he was referring to my body. But then, I realized that he was saying I have a fever.

“Tae, we should get inside now. You must rest. You are getting sick!” Jin said as he assisted me up to our bedroom. Once I was in bed, Jin shut the AC down, and pulled the blankets over me. He left me in the room and he returned with some medicine. My condition was getting worse, because the dizzy feeling was getting stronger. I was also starting to have blurry vision.

“Here, Tae, take this.” Jin said as he handed me the medicine and a glass of water. After forcing the bitter medicine down my throat, Jin put the meds and glass of water aside and went to bed beside me. We had a towel in one hand as he wiped my face with it.

“Hyung, go to sleep. I will be alright.” I said to him. Jin  nodded as he continued wiping my face and arms with the towel.

“Yes, I will when you get to sleep. Now rest, don’t worry about me, you’re the sick one here.” Jin said. He then sang to me, and just like that, I slowly fell asleep.

What a great way to end the day.