Cold Shoulders

Turning Tables

This is a really short chapter... sorry! I really didn't know it would be this short, but anyway, here it goes!

Thanks and happy reading! ♥♥♥

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung’s POV:

“Ok guys, time to go!” Namjoon shouted as he opened the door of the house. We are going to the dance studio to practice the new dance that the choreographer made. We loaded the van that will bring us to the dance studio. While travelling, the members became so noisy, as they are all talking about random things. Namjoon was ranting about the chair in his room that he broke last night, while Yoongi was complaining about how noisy Hoseok was when he is sleeping. Hoseok was only laughing at the two rappers, because he thought they things that they are getting noisy about are very… pointless.

When we reached the dance studio, I tried to talk to Jungkook who was sitting beside me. “Hey, Jungkook, how are you feelings?” Jungkook gave me confused face as I tried to slide closer to him to whisper “I mean, how are you and Jimin-hyung doing? What’s your status?”

Jungkook, after hearing my question, stood up from his seat and headed for the door of the van. “We’re fine.” Jungkook said right before he stepped out of the van. What’s wrong with him?

After ignoring what Jungkook just did, I stepped out of the van and spotted Jin, who was fixing his bag on his WIDE shoulders. I went to him to talk.

“Hyung, have you noticed what’s happening to Jungkook? He’s seems to… moody today.” I asked Jin, who didn’t even turn his head to face me. Instead of answering me, he went on walking to the dance studio.

“Hyung, did you?” I asked Jin again as I tried to keep up with his steps. He stopped, and turned around to face me.

“No.” Jin answered as he turned again and headed inside the dance studio.

What the hell is happening to these guys? Did they not sleep last night? Why are they so moody? I asked myself, watching as the other members disappear inside the building. What are these guys up to? It surely isn’t my birthday today, so it’s unlikely that this is just a prank on me to surprise me. I thought as I recalled the last time, when Yoongi had his birthday and everyone ignored him the whole day only to surprise him in the evening. After a few moments of just standing there, trying to think of a reason as to why they are acting like that, I decided to get inside to practice as well.

When we started practicing, I felt the effect of the situation on me. It is very unusual that I am not able to concentrate on the rehearsals, because I was usually one of the members who don’t need too much help on the choreography. Today was different. I couldn’t get the steps right on point, because I was being bothered by the behavior of the Jungkook and Jin. I don’t get it. Why are they like that so suddenly? Did I do anything wrong to them? I asked myself. I was sure I didn’t do anything that could offend them. I was in good terms with everyone in the group, well, anyone is in good terms with everyone. And Jin-hyung, really? He was usually the most pleasant to me among all the members, sometimes even kinder than Jimin-hyung. But what’s happening to him? Did he just try to ignore me? What’s happening? I didn’t do anything wrong! I am innoce –

“TAE!” Jimin shouted at me, waving his hand in front of my face. I was shocked by his shout, making me return back to my senses after my analysis on the situation.

“Oh… Hyung. Sorry. I was just thinking about something.” I said to him.

“Yeah, I see that, in the way you are not focused on the rehearsals. What’s wrong?” Jimin asked. At least Jimin-hyung is still in his normal state.

“Hyung, Jungkook and Jin-hyung are ignoring me.” I said to him. “I tried talking to them a while ago. Jungkook answered my with a dry ‘We’re fine’, while Jin-hyung even tried to totally ignore me and act as if he didn’t hear me. I don’t get it hyung. Are they mad at me?” I asked. I looked at Jimin, who was now smiling after I narrated the reason behind my loss of focus.

“Yah! What so funny? Do you find the situation I am in right now funny?” I asked.

“No. I’m sorry, Tae. I just find your behavior amusing.” Jimin answered.

“What do mean?” I asked.

“You really are very childish about things. You are panicking about Jungkook and Jin-hyung not paying attention to you? You’re funny, Tae!” Jimin said as he laughed at me. How dare you.

“Hyung! I am not panicking! I am just thinking about why they would act like that towards me!” I said to Jimin. I was unable to control myself that I hit Jimin’s shoulder hard.

“Ouch! Tae! That hurts!” Jimin blurted out when I hit him. I think it was loud enough for the whole room to hear it. Jungkook heard it, and he went to Jimin and me.

“Yah! Tae-hyung! Why you do that to Jimin-hyung?!” Jungkook asked. “You should apologize to him!” He continued.

“Oh… Sorry. Is our maknae concerned about Jimin-hyung? Maybe you should give him a shoulder massage to ease the pain.” I said to Jungkook. I knew what his reaction would be.

“U-uhmm… I think I need to go to the rest room.” Jungkook said as he tried to cover his already red face and ran to the rest room. I knew it. Teasing him about Jimin would make him go away.

“Yah. Tae, what was that about?” Jimin asked.

“I don’t know… But isn’t Jungkook cute when he’s shy like that?” I asked him.

“Yeah. He’s actually already cute, but he becomes even cuter when he is very vulnerable or shy.” Jimin answered. My eyes widened with I just heard. Is Jimin-hyung starting to like Jungkook again?

“Actually, he’s also cute like that when he’s asleep.” Jimin continued.

“Y-you mean you watched him sleeping?” I asked. I was getting excited already.

“Yes… I wat – OF COURSE NOT! Why would I watch him?” Jimin said.Bingo. Jimin is watching Jungkook sleep. I have so many things to say to Jungkook when he needs some boost.

I was about to bug Jimin more for it when the choreographer announce that we are going to start practicing again. I looked at the mirror, and saw Jin. For some reason, he was also looking right at me. We locked gazes for a few seconds before he turned to practice. Aish…

I felt hand on my shoulders. “Tae, just concentrate on the practice for now. We can talk about that later.” Jimin said. I nodded and continued to practice.

Fortunately, I was able to put for attention on the rehearsals. I wasn’t that distraught anymore. I wasn’t in my best as well, but I am surely better that the way I was I few moments ago, before Jimin and I talked.

The rehearsal ended at around 6 pm. When we got back to our house, Jin immediately went to our room to shower, while I went to the living room to wait for him to finish. Jimin also did the same. Both of us sat in the living room, waiting for our rooms mates to finish their businesses. All of felt so tired, so Jimin and I didn’t talk for the mean time. We needed to rest.

When Jin got out of our room, I left Jimin on the sofa, and went to our room to shower as well. I found the cold water quite comforting, so it took me a while before I actually started cleaning myself. I just stood there under the shower head for around 15 minutes, feeling that cold water as is trickled down my body. When I finished showering, I went out to see Jimin already in the living room in new clothes. Did I really take that long to shower?

I sat down beside Namjoon, because Yoongi and Hoseok already took all the space in one sofa, and I don’t want to disturb Jimin and Jungkook. Namjoon and I just sat there, talking about random stuff in the group, as well as about other groups and some new about them. Apparently, Namjoon has a lot of connections, because he seems to know a lot about other groups.

“Guys! Dinner’s ready!” Jin shouted from the dining room. Everyone got up from their seats and went to the dining room to eat.

The dinner is just like any normal dinner. As usual, Jungkook would be the one to fill Jimin’s bowl with food, while Jimin would say thanks to Jungkook, making Jungkook’s face turn slightly pink.

The group has really become quite noisy during meals now. They were all talking about something. Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok were talking about a rap that they were writing. Jin and Jungkook were VERY busy with their food. I wasn’t surprised about Jungkook, because he was always ate food like there’s no tomorrow. But Jin… really? Since when did he become a pig?

“Tae, are you alright now?” Jimin asked. No one but me seemed to have heard him.

“No. Jungkook seemed to have returned to his old self, but Jin-hyung is still ignoring me.” I answered to Jimin.

“How did you know he was ignoring you? Did you try talking to him again?” Jimin asked again.

“No, I haven’t tried yet, hyung. But he was ignoring me. Before, he used to ask me if I wanted to go shower first, before him. But tonight was different – he just walked straight to the shower and showered.” I explained to Jimin.

“Are you sure you didn’t do anything wrong?” Jimin asked.

“Yes, hyung, I’m sure. That’s why I am wondering why he would do this to me.” I answered to Jimin. Jimin stopped talking for a while and thought. After a few seconds, he talked again.

“You know what, Tae, I think you guys should talk about this.” Jimin said. I nodded to his suggestion.

“But hyung, how would I do that? He was ignoring since this morning!” I complained. Jimin stopped for a while to think, and then he suggested something that sounded plausible.

“Why don’t you help him wash the dishes later? Maybe then you guys would be able to talk it all out.” Jimin suggested.

“Ok hyung. Thanks.” I said to him as I continued to eat the rest of my food.

After eating, all of the other members went to the living room, except for Jin, who piled all the dishes and utensils to take them to the sink. I was in the living room, listening to the clanging of the dishes that Jin was putting to their places. I was waiting for him to start before entering to volunteer.

I nervously paced back and forth in the living room, playing with my hair. When I get nervous and anxious about something, it would show, because I would really look like I am nervous, unable to settle in one place only for a long time. Jimin noticed that I was getting nervous, so he went to me.

“Tae, don’t’ feel nervous.” Jimin said as he patted my back.

“How could I not, hyung? What if I really did something wrong to him? He might shout at me in there. I’m scared of Jin-hyung when he is angry.” I said to Jimin, still nervously fidgeting everything.

“Tae, Jin-hyung is not like that. He’s not the type to shout at someone. It’s going to be alright.” Jimin said as he left me to go to the kitchen. When I got inside, Jin was already about to start washing.

I took a deep breath before starting to talk. “Hyung, can I help you with those?” I asked, trying to sound as calm as I could. Jin stopped. The longer the silence was, the faster my heart beat. Never in my life had I thought I could die from too much silence.

Jin stopped, and then turned to look at me. His expression was blank. “Ok. Just don’t’ break anything.” He said as he continued his work. This stubborn man, though.

I was really looking for a right moment to talk. But I was never able to do so. It was either it wasn’t the right moment to talk, or it was the right moment to talk but I was so nervous I got tongue-tied. I was surprised that even though my hands were trembling, I was able to end without breaking of dropping even one. Maybe it was because I was extra careful of my actions because Jin told me to be careful. I was desperately looking for the right timing, but until we finished the work, I wasn’t able to talk to him. He left for our room, while I just stood there, irritated as hell.

I knew that all this time, Jimin was waiting for me and Jin to finish talking. So when was finally able to come myself down, I wne to him and pulled him to the porch where we usually talk.

“So, what happened?” Jimin excitedly asked. He was excited at first, but when he noticed I wasn’t as excited as him, he became serious as well.

“Hyung, nothing happened.” I said to him. He sighed.

“What do you mean?” Jimin asked again.

“Hyung, we were unable to talk. We just worked like robots back inside.” I said to him.

“Why didn’t you talk to him? Were you expecting him to talk first?” Jimin asked. I could tell from his tone that he was quite disappointed.

“Hyung, I know he would talk to me. And trust me, I tried. But I couldn’t say a thing when the timing is right. I don’t even know what’s happening to me.” I explained to him. Jimin went closer and patted my head.

“Tae, it will be alright. You know how close Bangtan is to each other, right? And knowing Jin-hyung, he’s not someone that is going to be angry at someone for a long time.” Jimin said. He’s right.

“I know hyung. That’s why I am really confused by what’s going on. Knowing Jin-hyung, he’s not the type that will easily get mad at someone. And I hate to say this, but especially at me. He is so kind to me. That’s why the way he’s acting right now scares me.” I said to Jimin. Jimin nodded.

“Tae, for now, all we can do is sleep it off. Maybe, tomorrow, who knows, he will be back to normal. Maybe he wasn’t in a good mood today.” Jimin explained. With that, the two of us headed upstairs to our rooms. Jimin bid good night before he entered his and Jungkook’s room.

When I entered our room, the lights are already out. I didn’t want to risk being shouted at by Jin when he gets startled by the sudden brightness, so I made my way to the table lamp beside our bed. When I turned it on, I was surprised to see Jin already asleep. Before, he would be the one to go to bed later between the two of us. Seeing him sleeping ahead of me makes me feel like something is wrong.

What might it be that’s making Jin-hyung act like this to me? Is me really mad at me? But why would he be mad at me?! I didn’t do anything wrong! I said to myself before sliding into the bed. I was very irritated with the turn of today’s events. It was my first time in a long time to go to bed with a frown on my face.

I hope tomorrow will be a better day.