How It All Started Pt. 2

Turning Tables

It’s a holiday in the Philippines, so I do not have school today. I decided to update… hahaha Enjoy!


Chapter 2:

How It All Started Pt. 2


Author’s POV:

 

It’s a perfect day. He always loves it when the sun is shining brightly from the blue sky with white fluffy clouds floating around. Today, something will change. Now that he knows what he really wants, nothing will stop him from getting there.

As Jungkook enters the building where his audition will be held, he suddenly felt nervous. He knew has was always ready for this, that this is his destiny, but he couldn’t help it but feel worried about what might happen inside the building. What if he makes a mistake? What if his voice suddenly cracks while singing? What if he forgets the next step in his dance routine?

What if he blows his chance of becoming an idol?

He should not. No, he COULD NOT.

He’s already performed in his school countless of times before going here. People in his school always comment on how good a dancer he is, or how calming his voice is when he sings.

Thinking about all those compliments that he received made him more inspired. “I’m not gonna let them down!” he said to himself. With that in mind, he decided to practice the routine in his mind while he walks along the halls of the big building.

“Oh, it’s about time. Maybe I should go to the audition room now before - ” Jungkook said to himself when he was interrupted by someone bumping into him. He exchanged some apologies and quick conversations with the stranger. He was glad that none of them was running when the stranger told him that he knew he was heavy. If one of them was running when they collided, Jungkook might get hurt. He might hurt his ankle or something like that, making his audition less attractive. He also noticed the sweat that nearly covered the stranger. Was he from a performance? Did he audition as well? Jungkook thought, not even realizing how long they were just standing there. Then, he caught a glimpse of the clock that was hanging from the wall.

“Ok then, nice meeting you, but I’m sorry I have to go. I think I’m already late for my audition.” Jungkook hurriedly said, not even waiting for the stranger to bid his farewell. He’s too worried about the audition to even make friends for now.

“Jeon Jungkook, you’re pretty young. Let’s see how good you can do. Not to pressure you, but the one before you really did great.” Those words coming from the panel of judges didn’t pressure him. In fact, it brought Jungkook’s competitiveness out of him. If he was going to make it, he has to be the BEST.

After five minutes of dancing and four minutes of singing, Jungkook already felt tired. He sat down on the floor with his back on the wall. It’s time the judges give their comments.

“Judging from the way you moved, we can say that you are a great dancer. Very good actually, one of the best we’ve seen so far.” one of the judges started. Jungkook started to smile.

“However, being a great dancer and a great singer are not the only ingredients to become a great PERFORMER.” the judge continued, making Jungkook’s smile turn into a frown. Is this person kidding me? What does he mean, that I can’t perform? Jungkook thought. He collected all his courage, then asked the judges.

“What do you mean?” Jungkook asked nervously. He can already feel the tension building up.

“When you perform, you do not only impress people. You should also express your feelings. In other words, you fell short of emotions in that performance.” the judges explained to him. He already felt like he’s not going to make it to the cut. The comments just seem so… negative.

“However, we cannot let you go. With that dancing and singing prowess, we are sure you are going to amaze people.” the judge said, making Jungkook’s face brighten up. “About the emotions, that is something we can work on, especially since you are still young. Not to mention the possible number of people that will find your looks really attractive. That is why we’ve decided to fund your training in America. You’ll be training there for a while.” Jungkook’s smile couldn’t possibly get larger and brighter. He is so happy and flattered with what he is hearing right now.

“Kamsahamnida!” Jungkook said to the judges as he prepares to leave. I will go to America! I will train to become an idol! Jungkook shouted to himself when he was finally out of the building. He went home, and rested before he prepared his things, as he will be boarding the plane to America next week.


Jimin’s POV:

It’s been a week since that day. It’s been a week since I felt very appreciated and happy and excited and nervous all at the same time. It’s been a week since I last saw that stranger.

Never mind. Today is a very special day. My training will start in an hour, so I better get ready.

Today, I decided to walk to the studio. This will help me, you know, stay fit and increase my stamina. I’m going to need all of my endurance for the next days, or weeks, or even months, while I'm still training.

It did not take long before I regret my decision. Today’s weather just seemed too hot for a long walk. But hell I care. I already walked more than half of the way. Just another half will not hurt me.

By the time I reached the big building, my hair was already plastered to my face. I was breathing heavily, panting to be exact. I’m nearly out of breath. Looking at my watch, I knew I do not have time to rest. The training is about to start any moment now. Without even catching my breath, I hurriedly walked to the floor where the dance studio was.

I was surprised when I opened the door. There are many people inside the room! I thought the judges were strict? So all these people made it, just like me? I suddenly forgot the feeling of being special and talented. I’m surrounded by people talking to each other, making friends as early as this stage. I continued scanning the room when someone approached me.

“Are you also a trainee?” the stranger asked.

“Mmmm.” was all I managed to say, but I guess he got my answer, because I nodded to him when I answered.

“Oh, then, we will see each other more often! Hope we can be friends!” the stranger answered as he smiled. His smile is very cute. I don’t even know how he managed to show both rows of his teeth when he did that. I found his smile very friendly that I didn’t even notice his hand reaching out for a shake.

“I hope so, too! By the way, may name is Park Jimin, but you can call me Jimin.” I said to him as a reached for his hand to give him a hand shake.

“And my name is Kim Taehyung, but you can call me Taehyung, or Tae, or TaeTae, or blank Tae or…” he continued talking. He enumerated all the ways that I can call him. I found very amusing and fun to be with. And wait, he’s not yet done talking?

“…or AlienTae, because you know, people often say that - ”

“I think I’ll go with Tae.” I said to him, cutting his endless speech. He stopped talking, and then gave me a smile.

“Ok trainees! Welcome to your first day in BigHit Entertainment!” the instructor said through the mic. I suddenly felt nervous when I heard his voice. I, Tae, and the other trainees stopped whatever we were doing and sat down on the wooden floor. That the time when I got the chance to look at all the trainees inside the room. Different people. That was all that entered my mind when I started scanning the room. I kept scanning the room until I was sure he wasn’t here. I felt a bit disappointed, and I already felt my lips curving to a pout. Maybe what I thought was correct. Maybe he wasn’t as good as me, or the other people inside the room. Maybe he didn’t make it through the audi—

“Sorry I’m late! The flight was delayed. I am really sorry…” I was shocked when my trail of thoughts was cut by the sudden shout that came from the entrance. The voice sounds familiar. I slowly turned my head to the source of the sound. Tall figure. Spikey hair. Beautiful, cute eyes. The memory of last week suddenly flashed in my mind.

“It’s him!” I said I elbowed Tae, who was sitting beside me.

“Who’s him?” Tae answered with a stronger hit from his elbow, unintentionally hitting harder that he intended to.

“It’s alright. We were informed that your flight was delayed, so we took note of it. Please take you seat among the other trainees.” the instructor said to the stranger. The stranger then sat down a few steps away from us.

“Ok! We’ll start the training NOW!” the instructor screamed, earning a cheer of excitement from everyone. Tae even jumped up and started dancing like an idiot. Now I get it why he was actually called AlienTae by some.

“So, you also auditioned that day, huh?” the stranger asked while he put his hand on my shoulder. I was wearing a sleeveless shirt, so I actually felt his hand. I almost jumped both in surprise and embarrassment.

“Y-yeah. I-I also thought you were going to the auditions when you hurried left me.” I answered awkwardly. What the hell Jimin, why are you stuttering?

“Yah, sorry about that. By the way, my name is Jeon Jungkook, but you can call me Jungkook.” Cute name. Suits your appearance. Wait Jimin what? Stop thinking about those things. “I’m Park Jimin but you can call me Jimin. It’s nice to meet you.” I answered.

“Hi ChimChim! Oh, who’s this person?! Introduce me to him, please?” Tae suddenly slid between Jungkook and me.

This alien though.

 

 


I'm so confused right now hahaha... I'm a graduating student. Lots of school work. I need some time... Don't worry, I'll do my best to renew my inspiration so I can continue writing for you guys! xD ^_^