Find Me 4

That Thing Called One-Shots

Due to insistent public demand.. Kidding hahaha

I give you, Find Me 4! =))))))

=========================================

 

 

After I completely healed from my wounds I was directly sent to the jail. 

I was about spend 7 to 10 years of my life in jail and I couldn't care less.

I was given a uniform for prisoners, a blanket an a pillow.

Two police sent me to my cell. I'm only alone in my here, no one to talk to. I won't be surprised if I go crazy one day.

I spent days and nights looking at the ceiling waiting for my time to get out of here or just die.

No one visits me,no one's allowed to see me, my food's being delivered to me. I'm not allowed to mingle with any inmates because my crime is pretty heavy.

Everyday I wonder how she's doing. Does she think of me? Probabaly not. I'm pretty sure she won't be able to wait for me. Seven to ten years is a pretty long time.

I deserve this anyway.

I wish I died when I got shot. Loneliness is no joke. I've never felt so alone.

 

As time pass depression started clouding my mind

More days and months passed I started not to eat. I wanted to die instead.

How's Krystal doing? I bet she's already with someone else.

Someone better. Someone good. Someone who's not a criminal.

Someone not me.

I thought changing for the good is easy. I was wrong. It's very difficult.

I don't know what's happening outside the walls of this prison.

I can only talk to the wall surrounding me.

Sometimes I found myself laughing out of nowhere.

I even find the droplets of water from my sink funny.

I've been very sensitive with sounds. I could hear the slightest footstep even the walking of ants.

I wonder how death feels like. They say people go to heaven when they die, but that's only for the good ones.

I'll probabal go straight to hell.

Why don't i find out?

 

 

 

One night, my dinner was delivered to my cell. I saw a knife.

I took the knife, admiring it. 

Slowly, I placed the knife above my pulse. I started pushing it deeper with a back and forth movement.

Soon I saw a drop of red liquid gushing out of my wrist then blood started flowing out non-stop. My vision started to blur. And everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I opened my eyes all I see is white. Maybe I'm dead. I then heard some beeping sound beside me showin my heart rate. Damn. I'm still alive.

My eyes darted near the door where I see a woman arguing wih some police.

"Why was a knife in her trey?! You know sharp object can't be brought inside her cell!!"

"B-but ma'am this wasn't the first time a knife was brought-"

"Well I don't care!! And why aren't you letting her eat her food?! You should still think about the welfare of the inmates!! THEY'RE STILL HUMANS!!"

"But it was her choice not to eat-"

"I don't care better fix you system!" 

"Y-yes Ms. Jung. It won't happen again." The police bowed and went away.

 

After the policemen left she looked at me and saw that I was already awake.

"Eat" she said, no emotions. She placed a tray of food in front of me and sat beside me. I just stared at the food.

"I said eat" she said.

"I'm not hungry"

"godamit Amber! How are you supposed to get out of jail alive if you keep continuing this?!"

"Maybe I don't want to get out alive" I said.

"So I'm nothing now? I'm waiting for nothing?!" My eyes quickly went to her.

"W-what?"

"Do I have to spell it to you?! Are you really that dense?! I'm waiting for you Amber! I don't ing care how long just get out of there alive!" 

Slowly I reached for the spoon scooping some rice and eating it.

"I'm sorry." I said softly.

"I'm sorry for only thinking about myself. I thought you'll get tired of waiting."

"Just get out alive, Liu."

 

 

 

 

Krystal's POV

I received a call one day that Amber was rushed to the hospital. I keep myself updated on Amber.

Without finishing the one talking to me, I rushed to the hospital.

I saw her body in a bed being dragged to the emergency room. Her wrist was cut open. Did she do this to herself?

 

After a few hours her condition was stabilized and so went to her room to check her.

When I reached her room I saw the guards that was supposed to look out for her. I can't help myself so I scolded them.

I can't lose her again. I just can't.

 

After my speech to the guards I saw Amber awake and gave her her food.

She's still stubborn so I ended up tellling her how I really feel and that I was waiting for her.

I watched her eat making sure she'll finish her food.

I observed her, she looked like she lost a lot of weight. She looks stressed.

 

"That wasn't hard now, was it?" I ask her and she shook her head. "Good,"

"Make sure you always eat, never even think of skipping any meal from now on, okay?" She just nodded again.

 

After making sure she finished her food, I decided to leave.

"Don't go. Please stay." She said when I was about to walk away. "You don't have to talk, just stay with me. I just need to know you're real."

Her words tugged at my heart and I just nodded as I lock eyes with her.

I didn't sit at the chair I was sitting awhile ago, instead I sat on her bed beside her.

She seemed to relax when I sat beside her. She lied down just looking at me.

The affection in her eyes never changed, it's still warm and inviting. The sparkle in her eyes that I know is only for me never faltered.

My hand unconsciously went to her face, carressing it. I brush the hair blocking her face, making her look more alluring.

My hand went back to her cheek as I slowly lean closer to her. I don't have any control on my movement but I'm not complaining.

Slowy, I kissd her. It lingered for a few seconds, this feels so right.

"Something to get you through your time in prison." I told her. She just smiled and I can't help but to smile back.

"I love you, Krystal." She said.

"I love you too, Amber Liu. I don't care if you're a criminal, what matters is that you're willing to pay for your deeds and wanting to start clean. I'll wait for you, Amber."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8 years later, Amber's POV

This is it. The day  Ican be free. I've served my time in prison and I'm willing to do anything to be good.

I savour every step I make. When I finally got outside the prison, I looked at it for the last time.

I hope to never be inside of you again. I said to myself.

 

I started to walk away but then I realized I don't have any home anymore. I stopped walking to think where I should go.

"I think we should go home now." I turned around and saw Krystal behind me smiling.

"To where?" I asked smiling.

"To my house, idiot. You're coming home with me." She said as she take my hand.

"Really?" I ask her as I smile stupidly.

"I think I've waited long enough to take you home, Amber."  She said.

"I love you." Was all I could say yo her.

She then kissed me.

"Let's go home." We started to walk. Her arms intertwined with mine.

"What did I do to deserve all these?" I asked her.

"Your desire to change for the better. I'm very proud of you, Amber. And I love you for that." She said. My eyes wanted to cry but I held it in. I'm so happy right now.

"Maybe we should catch up for our lost years." She said, a different passion in her eyes.

"You can do whatever you want with me. I'm all yours to keep." I told her.