Scar-face 2

That Thing Called One-Shots

*Due to the love this one-shot recieved, I made a second chapter.=)))

 

 

“Amber” she said. Her hand still on my face. Normally, I would rudely slap-off somebody’s hand even when they’re still in the process of touching my face. But to her my body just stood frozen and her hand on my scarred-face is the only warmth I’m feeling.

“H-how do you know me?” I ask her. She retrieved her hand and somehow I’m wishing for her to put it back. I just brought my hood back up.

“Don’t you recognize me?” She said almost smiling. “I’m Krystal, Krystal Jung.” Krystal Jung? I just gave her a blank expression.

“I was the ice princess back in high school. We were classmates.” She said.

“Oh.” Was all I said. She was actually somebody back in high school. Many boys tried courting her but ended up having no chance on her. Her nickname says it all, ‘ice princess’. I actually have a tiny bit of crush on her back in high school but only I knew it because I was pretty sure back then that she will just ignore me.

“W-well, nice seeing you again, Krystal. Bye.” I said ready to leave.

“Wait, where are you going?” She asks.

“Uhh, back home to my miserable life I guess.” I said.

“Let me at least treat you some coffee or something.” She said looking really hopeful.

“Uhm, I’d rather not..” I said to her showing her the pack of coffee I bought.

“Oh. Well I have to treat you or something. As a sign of my gratitude.” She said.

“Well you can just forget this happened and go back to your normal life.” I said blankly.

“I wouldn’t really allow that to happen.” She said.

“Well, as much as I wanted to take your offer but going out isn’t exactly my thing. Plus people will only judge you for hanging out with someone with this kind of face.” I said.

“Let them judge all they want I don’t really care.” She said, she’s really something. “Why don’t we just order some take-outs really quickly and eat it at your place?” She said smiling brightly.

“What if I say no?” I ask her

“I really wouldn’t take no for an answer.” She said. I look her in the eyes to see if she’s really wanted tto treat me.

“We’ll order quickly, okay?” I said to her.

“Yey!” She said and she grab my wrist and drag me to a fast-food restaurant.

 

 

While walking on the street, I just keep my hands and coffee in my pocket and my head really down since many people are out and the night lights are very alive. I can feel some people staring at me since I can’t really hide my face completely. I think Krystal felt my uneasiness, she slip her right arm on my left arm and scoot closer to me as if telling me that I shouldn’t worry and that everything’s okay. My stomach started to do some summersault and the sensation of butterflies in the stomach is very strong. This feeling was almost like knowing your crush feels the same way about you, only better.

 

We quickly ordered and got our food. On the way back to my apartment Krystal stayed close to me and I secretly like it. We went to my apartment, my apartment was really messy but I couldn’t care less. I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t come back here anyway.

“Aren’t you gonna open the lights?” She ask me. I just shook my head.

“I don’t like brightness.” I said simply.

I lit two candles on my dining table that serves as the main light in the house. Tonight I opened a curtain to one of the windows near the dining table. The floor to ceiling glass window overlooked the city, I opened it to make Krystal feel less suffocated. I then proceeded to fix the food.

“Let’s eat.” I told her as we both take a seat on the chair. The dinner was silent so far.

“Thanks for saving me.” She said and I just nodded.

“So how are you?” She asks trying to make a conversation.

“I’ve been miserable and I don’t even remember the last time I saw the sun.” I said. And it made her stop talking and we just continue eating our dinner.

“Why are you good to me?” I ask her.

“What do you mean?” she asks.

“Normal people wouldn’t treat me like the way you’re treating me you know.” I said.

“Maybe I’m not normal.” She said/

“Oh right. You’re the ice princess. So you’re basically a princess.” I said.

“You got that right minus the ice part.” She said smiling. I just forced myself not to smile.

“But seriously, why are you being nice to me?” I ask again.

“Because I like you.” She said simply as she continue to eat her food.

“What?” I said almost choking the rice was swallowing.

“I like you.” She said again.

“That’s not a good joke.” I said.

“I’m not joking.” She said.

“W-what? But you can’t like me. That’s just impossible.” I said.

“Nothing’s impossible.” She said.

“Come on, Krystal. Please don’t make fun of me. This is really not funny.” I told her my voice in a serious tone.

“I really like you Amber.” She said.

“Do you even know what you’re saying?” I ask her is disbelief, my voice raising.

“Yes, Amber. I like you since high school even before your accident. You were the carefree, outgoing student that everyone wants to be with. I was an introvert back in high school and back then all I want was for you to notice me but I never had the courage to confess back then. When you had the accident almost everyone in school avoided you but my feelings for stayed the same. I was the one who secretly gives you a bottle of milk tea everyday..” she said and smiled thinking about the past. “Now that I’ve found you I thought that maybe I should not let go of the moment and tell you how I feel.” She said.

I honestly don’t know what to feel. Everything is new to me. My heart is beating really fast, the sensation in my stomach only got stronger.

“I-I think you should leave Krystal.” I said.

“If that’s that you want.” Krystal said. “Just remember, Amber. You’re beautiful back then ‘til now.” She got up from her chair and slowly walk away from me. My mind and heart is fighting if I should just let her leave or stop her from leaving and confirm what I’m feeling.

“Amber.” She said. “Can you please walk me to your door?” She asks. It’s the least I could do to her.

As we were walking to the door, I’m still battling with myself to let her leave or stop her. She stop when we’re on front of the door, I was behind her.

“I really had fun tonight.” She said. “And one more thing..” As soon as she said those words, she swiftly and flawlessly removed my hood and the next thing I knew she was kissing me. Her lips feels like heaven, her scent filled up my senses. She put her arms around neck and the next thing I was doing was responding to her kiss as I put my arms around her waist.

It’s confirmed. I’m in love.

 

 

 

 

 

Should I still continue this?

***so in love with Amber's HEIGHTS <3<3