Find Me 3

That Thing Called One-Shots

"Find me, Krystal." was the last thing she said then the line went off.

Her voice brings back a whole load of memories. Bitter and sweet.

I thought I would feel nothing if I find her or came face to face with her. But a phone call, a ing single phone call from unknown number that claims to be her had my heart beat in an unhealthy manner.

How dare she. How dare she do this to me. 

Does she think of me as a toy that she could just play with?!

I'm gonna find you, Amber. And you're going to pay for the crime you've done against the law and the pain you've caused to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is the day.

This is the day we're gonna raid a warehouse that is said that a transacton between Amber and some criminals will take place.

We've put a whole lot of combined effort from everyone to capture the most wanted illegal weapon maker. There's no way me and my team will blow this chance.

My team already set ourselves around the area even before dawn. We made sure that we're unnotticeable and no civilian will be harmed.

all we have to do is wait.

 

Hours pass, there's still no sign of them.

It's now around 3:00 in the afternoon.

After a few more minutes of waiting we heard car engines heading the warehouse.

There were three black vans. Three armed men went out the first car and another from the second. I think they're the ones incharge to make sure of the security of their boss.

A man in suit went out the third car with his bodyguard. If I'm not mistaken this man is Kris Wu. He's known for drug smuggling and human traficking.

They just stood there waiting.

Not after along time, we see more cars enter the vicinity. Not like Wu, Amber was only with two cars and only two bodyguards were with her. You're making it easier for us. Good.

She changed. Her facial features has gotten sharper. Her eyes looked tired but she has this stupid smirk sketched on her face. Her smirked that says something great will happen. A manner of her that I guess still stayed with her. Oh, something great will happen, alright. Just wait for it, Liu.

No one hears them talking since we settled ourselves far enough for us ro remain unseen but close enough to have the upper hand incase things get chaotic.

After a few minutes we can see them about to exchange goods. This is our que.

I ordered my team to aim their guns at them but don't shoot unless things go out of hand. I want all these people behind bars and I want to do this as bloodless as possible.

"Put down your weapons, we're the police. We got you surrounded." I said through a mega phone. And my men slowly showed themselves to the criminals.

Their guards slowly put their weapons down at ground and raised both of their hands as a sign of surrender.

Kris Wu's face really looked miserable and kept repeating 'i don't want to go to jail' to himself. 

While Amber. She still has her smirk on her face it even got wider.

Slowly, we walked to them with our handcuffs.

"We'll get Amber Liu." A police beside me told me.

"She's mine. Go get Wu and his men." I told him sternly.

As I walk towards her she locked her eyes on me and return it with my glare that I know she grew accustomed to. Her stupid smirk only getting bigger and turning in to smile.

I held my gun just to make sure she isn't planning any move against me.

As I lock gaze with her why do I see love in her eyes? It's exactly how she used to look at me when we were back in college. Her eyes that says I miss you and I love you all at one gaze.

Oh, no Krystal. You're not gonna fall for those eyes again. She's just doing this to lure you in to her so she could get away. I told myself as I get closer to her. 

As I get closer to her, I can feel my heart poumd against my chest. My breathing is becoming heavy every step. 

I've waited years for this and I'm not gonna back down now. I said firmly to myself.

I'm not gonna back down because justice needs to be served.

I'm not gonna back doewn because she should pay for the crimes she's done. 

I'm not gonna back down even if we have some unfinished business in the past... I held my tears. I'm not gonna cry. I told myself.

We don't have unfinished business. We don't have unfinished business. We don't have unfinished business. I repeat to myself.

As I came face to face with her, I can see her smile clearly now. The smile I used to love. The smile that used to brighten up my day. But it's all in the past now. What happened to us nothing to me anymore. Or is it?

I breathe deep to try to regulate my heartbeat and to compose myself in front of her. But what she did durprised me.

"You found me, finally." She said with the stupid smile I want to erase badly from her face. She then held her arms in front of her, her two hands in a fist facing each other and both of her wrist together. "You can arrest mo now." She said.

I slowly and surely keep my gun and get my handcuffs.

"You could wipe off that smile on your face." I told her keeping my focus on her wrist.

"You're still beautiful, Krystal. Just like how I remembered you." She told me, still smiling.

"Stop it. I'm not gonna fall for it the second time around." I said.

"I'm just stating a fact, love." She said cooly.

"Don't call me--" 

Before I even finish my sentence we heard gun shots all around the area. It turns ou, Wu still has men inside his vans and they just went out and started shooting the police.

People started dying and other people startrd taking cover.

Before I could find a cover, I feel strong arms wrap around me and a body covering. Amber. Amber's protecting me.

"What are you doing?!" I ask her as she drag me behind her car as we take cover.

"What does it look like I'm doing?!" She snap back at me.

"Wait here." She told me."I'm just get my gun inside the car."

"A criminal not carrying a gun, huh. Pretty stupid." I told her.

"Well because I wasn't planning to fight." She said and carefully made her way to get her gun.

 

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" She asks me after she got her gun and inspect me for injuries. *Dugeun dugeun*

"I'm fine, I can take care of myself. Make sure we'll get out of here alive. I want you behind bars." I told her and she just smiled at me. Stop pounding, heart.

"I've thaought you well, huh?"

We occasionally peek our heads and shoot people.

"Let's go there. It's safer there." She told me and I agreed. I was about to get up but she held my wrist.

"What?!" I snap.

"I'll go first. It's dangerous." She held my hand and made sure she's covering me to avoid any stray bullets.

I watch her as she protects me. Why am I feeling this way? Why is she doing this? Whay is she protecting and is she giving herself to the police willingly? And why is she even--

"Krystal!!!" Before I could look at her I feel her tackle me to the ground. *BANG*

"AMBER!!!" Amber was holding me tight her face becomes pale. She was shot. She took a bullet that was supposed to be mine.

"Amber!! Amber!! Wake up!! You can't die on me!! Wake up!!!!" I was sobbing before I knew it.

"Are you crying for me?"She asks with a teasing tone and a smirk.

"There's no time for jokes! Keep your eyes open!!" I command her.

"I'm sorry, Krystal. I'm sorry for hurting you. I may not deserve your forgiveness but I don't want to leave this world without you knowing how sorry I am." She said.

"Don't say you'll leave!! Keep your eyes open!" I said as I lay her head on my lap.

"You're still cute when you're angry. You know that?" She said coughing out blood.

"Amber!!!" I called out. My tears flowing like waterfalls.

"I love you Krystal." She said as she lose consciousness.

Her eyes closed.

My tears falls non-stop from my eyes. I don't if I'm crying becasue I lost her again or because it's a mere human instinct to cry for someone dying.

I'm confused, I've buried my every bit of feelings I had for her.

I don't what to do or how to react but I swear, right now, my heart broke again for her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the incident Amber was brought to the hospital and so are the others. She was unconscious for two days and there were police outside her room. 

I fought the urge to visit her everyday. It's clear to me that I'm still in love with her. I'm in love with a criminal.

On the third day they said she already woke up. They give her one day to rest. 

On the fourth day, investigators went to her room to asl her question.

 

I'm sitting at my desk staring at nothing when my phone rang.

"Hello?" 

"Good Afternoon, Ms. Jung. This is Ms. Kim, the assigned to interrogate the criminal, Ms. Amber Liu." 

"Oh. Good Afternoon, Ms. Kim. What can I do for you?" I ask her.

"Well, we have a little problem with Ms. Liu." 

"What is it?" 

"She told us that she would only speak to you." She said.

"Oh, okay. I'll be there." I said and we hang up.

 

 

I prepared myself, emotionally and mentally. It took me thirty minutes to get to the hospital. 

"Hello, Ms. Jung." Ms. Kim greeted me as I entered the hospital.

"Ms. Liu is in her room."

"Okay, thanks. I'll take care of this." I said to them.

I entered her room, I can see her face light up like I'm some divine intervention, the guards acknowledged me and I told them to give us some provicy. They agreed and went out and I prepared myself.

Her big smile looks uneraseable, I almost want to smile too but I just give her a blank expression.

I took a sit on the chair beside her. Silence.

"Why?" Was the first I ask her.

"What do you mean why?" She asks.

"Why did you sheild me from the bullet?" I said. She paused for a moment and chuckled softly.

"Don't you remember? I'll take a bullet for you." She said still smiling. *dugeun dugeun* "It's okay if you don't remember,  I don't blame you. I'm not that worth remembering, anyway. Who would want to remember someone who hurt you badly right." she said, her smile bitter but it never fade.

"So, I guess you came here to ask me police stuff, right?" She said and made eye contact with me. "Well, I'm guilty. I make illegal weapons. My factory's located in Gangnam, you could go there and find a lot of things that makes me guilty of charge." She said so casually.

"What's the catch?" I ask her. There must be a reason why she's surrendering herself easily.

"Nothing." She said simply.

"I don't buy you, Liu." I said.

"I swear. There's no catch." She said.

"Why are you making this so easy for us? A lot of criminals would say they're not guilty and will demand for a lawyer." 

"Let's just say I want to pay for all the bad things I've done."

"Why is that?"

"Well, I don't know if you heard but back in college there was girl who made want to change." *DUGEUN DUGEUN*

"Then why didn't you surrender yourself when you were still in college?"

"Long story. And I bet you wouldn't want to hear it." She said looking away.

"We have all day." I said.

"Trust me, you wouldn't like to hear it beacause it includes the letters U and I." She said.

"Maybe I want to hear it." I said softly, almost a whipser.

"I don't think so. Let's leave it as, I make illegal goods and I'm a criminal." She said casually.

"Godammit, Amber! Just ing tell the story!!" My anger suddenly came out of nowhere.

Do I really want to her her side of the story? Mayber after hearing this I woulnd't be confuse anymore and continue with my life.

"Woah. Easy there. tiger." She said. "Well if you really want to hear it. Don't say I didn't warn you."

"It was when I met you. I was just supposed to get through college and get in to the police to protect my father's business. You know, I'll be like their eyes and ears inside the police.

But then, you happened. You made me want to change, you made me want to do good so I made a plan. You see, my father back then was already really old. I said to myself that I would protect the business as long as he's alive since I knew that, that's what he wanted me to do in the first place. So my internal battle between myself and i started. My situation back then was choosing either you or my father.

Well, obviouslly I chose my father but it didn't mean that I didn't choose you. I may not have chosen you physically but when I made my decision to choose my father, I chose your happiness at the same time.."

"What do you mean you chose my happiness at the same time?" I ask confusingly.

"Well, you wouldn't be happy with me." She said, a hint saddness in her voice but she's still smiling."If I didn't leave you and continue what we had we would live a life full of secrets and lies. You know, I would always lie about what I do with my father and stuff. and I don't want that, Krystal. So during college I would teach you what I know to prepare you for this day. The day you would capture me and put me to jail.

The day when I told you that I have some errands to do and just left you with a letter I did it on purpose for you to hate me. I want you to hate me so when you find me you would not have any second thoughts on putting me to jail. Well, I guess my plan worked, huh?" She said.

"Well, yes. I guess you've succeded with me hating you, all of you."

 

AMBER'S POV

"..with me hating you, all of you." Well that hurts, I thought to myself.

"So, what's left for you?" She asks me. I look ar her and I smiled to her.

"Nothing. I'm just left with me behind the bars paying for all the bad things I've done. The people I truly cared about is either dead or hates every part of me." I said sill managing to put a smile.

I saw a tinge of pity in her eyes.

"Don't pity me. I chose my life. I made decisions good and bad. But mostly bad."

"What will you do after serving your time in jail?" She asks. I honestly don't know.

"I-I haven't thought that far yet." I said scratching my head. "Honestly speaking, I was hoping I would die when I was shot."

"W-why?"

"Well, as dramatic as this sound but I really don't have any reason to live anymore. There was a time I said to myself that if I get out of jail alive, I would come to you and beg you to take me back, I would do anything and wait no matter how long it takes for you to take me back. Crazy right? But then again, we're living in the real world not some make belive fantasy." I said staring at nothing but made sure to put up a smile.

"Then make sure you get out of jail alive."