The Elevator 2

That Thing Called One-Shots

After the elevator incident it felt like she softened up a bit towards me. She changed, not only she wears a new necklace that’s long enough to be hidden under her clothes all the time but she’s gotten kinder and more considerate she stopped making me do ridiculous requests. We still interact with each other professionally and civilly. I would be lying if I say that my feelings for her lessened after our elevator encounter; it even grew more. What can I do? I’m really head over heels for this girl

 

I just finish work and I’m just packing up my things so I could leave. Before I could stand from my chair my boss’ door opened revealing only her head.

 

“H-hey, Liu, uhh.. I was wondering i-if you would want to grab some dinner t-together? I-I just want to treat you for being hard working, y-yeah for that reason. I mean you could say no I was ju—“

 

“I’d love to!” I answered quite too enthusiastically. “I-I mean, yes.. Boss, Ms. Jung.”

 

“Oh, okay, good. Uhm, just wait for me for like 10 minutes and I’ll be out.” she said.

 

“Sure. take your time.” I said. Deep inside I’m doing somersaults, and my hearts is pounding uncontrollably. Don’t think of anything Amber, this is just a friendly dinner, nothing more. She’s your boss for pete’s sake! I said to myself calming my overly ecstatic feeling.

 

Few minutes passed and she went out of her office with her bag.

 

“S-shall we?” She said.

“Uh, will you be riding with me or—“

“I’ll be riding with you!! I-if it’s okay..” She seem enthusiastic about this and it made me smile.

“O-okay. Let’s go.” I said showing her the way out.

 

 

We got into my car and I played the radio to make the ambience more comfortable and less awkward.

“So uh, where are we heading?” I ask.

“Oh, right. Uhm, how about the place we frequently visit be—-fore..” she said trailing her last words when she realised she spoke before speaking. Just like the old times. “Or not. I mean y-you might not want to ho there anym—“

 

“No! I mean yes! Let’s go there.” I said.

 

 

We went to a cafe we always go to. They serve meals and they have the best desserts. We settled on a table and ordered. She ordered meat as usual and I ordered some pasta.

“I’d also have a can of beer.” I told the waiter and I think she was quite shock about it.

“That’s new. I thought you don’t drink?” she ask.

“Uh well, I drink now. It’s been a habit lately. Haha.” I said with an awkward laugh. I’ve been drinking after all the fiasco that’s happened. Beer help me cope up.

 

Our orders came and we managed make some good conversation mostly about the company and work related. No one dare to talk about the past. Our conversation went well than I expected because I manage to drink 3 cans of beer.

 

“You should stop drinking. You will still drive.” She said after I finish my 3rd can.

“Concern now?” I ask too confident than I should be. I blame the alcohol.

“You’re my employee, so yes I am concerned.” She said confidently.

“Don’t worry. I now have high alcohol tolerance.” I assured her.

“Really?” She ask with a smirk. “Well then let’s not waste a good night and go somewhere.” She said.

“Where?” I ask with a growing smile.

“In a place to test your alcohol tolerance.” She said.

We payed the bill and transfer to a bar across the street. As if by instinct, I wrap my arm on her waist like how I always do when were still a thing. I realised what I did was about to take my arm off her but she held my arm.

 

“Don’t.. I-it’s cold.” She said. I nod and held her closer. She smell wonderful, too wonderful.

We crossed the street when I feel her arm wrap around my waist. She’s still scared of crossing the road. I smiled.

 

We took our seat in the bar’s rear end corner where the light is dim as we face each other as we sit. I ordered bourbon and Krystal just ordered a beer. We talked glass after glass and our gestures becoming bolder.

 

She moved her stool closer to me, the small gap between us gone. She laid her head on my shoulder my hand went to her exposed knee. Her Pencil skirt is killing me.

“I miss you.” She said to my neck, her hot breath stirring up a fire within me. I can’t tell if she’s already drunk or if she’s sober. But I’m not complaining.

“I miss you too.” I said to her as I cares her knee to her lap. “What happens after this? When we’re both sober and back to reality?” I ask her.

“I don’t know and I don’t want to think about it.” She said.

She sat straight and faced me, I retrieve my hand and face her too. Her hand went to my face.

“You look skinnier and paler.” She said.

“This is what depression does to you.” I said but just laugh it off. She stood from her stool and went closer to me. Both her hands were now on my face my hands went to her waist. I’m still sitting but we’re levelled with each other.

“I’m sorry.” She said and kissed my forehead, the remaining space between us, completely gone. I tightened my hold on her, hugging her. 

“You shouldn’t be. You’re the victim here. I should be the one who’s saying sorry.” I said, our forehead now connected.

 

We’re looking at each other, both wanting something from each other. I can’t help but to look from her eyes to her lips and vice versa; and I can feel her do the same. Slowly and a little bit more. She bit her lower lip and all I know right now is I want to be the one biting it.. So close..

 

*RING*

 

She pulled away and I curse underneath my breath and grab my phone in my pocket. I look at my phone and it’s Henry calling. I excused myself half-heartedly and went to a hall where its less noisy.

 

“This better be important, Henry!” I greeted him.

“You in a middle of something? Just want to ask if your free right now?? We shou—“

“I AM IN FACT VERY BUSY, HENRY!” I said to him with a frustrated tone in every word.

“Hey, no need to be rude.” He said and I calmed myself.

“Ugh, I’m sorry. Is there anything you need to tell me?” I ask him.

“No. That’s about it. Bye.” He said and ended the call. Great timing Henry, I won’t forgive you for this.

 

I went back to the bar and I frown when I saw that Krystal’s talking to some man. As I get closer I realised that it was Kai. Great! I was only away for a few minutes and he managed to ruin a day that’s almost perfect. Just great! 

 

I sit facing the bar trying to make my self invisible to them. I didn’t make my presence known just because I don’t want to. I can feel that Krystal’s uncomfortable with this man, can’t he freaking feel her discomfort?? He tried doing some advances to Krystal but I gotta say, Krystal’s pretty good turning him down. That’s my girl!

I ordered something stronger than my last drink and just drunk it in one gulp. The drink burned in my throat and it hit me like a truck. I think I drunk a few more when he noticed me and Krystal noticed that I’m back.

“Hey you’re back. I was waiting for you to return.” She said and immediately went beside me and intertwined our arms.

“You’re with her?” He ask Krystal in disbelief.

“Yes, I am. Is there a problem?” She stood from her seat and move closer to me putting her arm on my arm.

“W-Why???” He ask.

“Why not?” Krystal countered.

 

*Dugeun-dugeun*

 

NO ONE’S POV

 

At this point, the short haired girl can only grasp a few parts of what’s happening as of the moment. She’s liking the feel of the arm on hers though. But her head is spinning and she grab the thing closest to her for a bit of support and it happened to be Krystal. All of a sudden and out of her drunken state her arms went to the brunette’s waist circling them and rested her head on her chest. Shocked by the sudden action Krystal’s arms went to Amber’s head securing, cradling it almost too preciously. Amber’s drunk, Krystal said to herself.

 

“Are you together again?” The man ask the long haired brunette.

“So what if we are?” She said hoping Amber wouldn’t hear her answer.

 

The man was left dumbfounded as Krystal tries to drag Amber out of the place. The short haired girl eyes were closed but her feet are moving, her arm is now around Krystal’s shoulders and her other arm was trying to lead the way by pointing at random directions, her head was on Krystal’s neck. Krystal made sure that Amber won’t fall by securing both her arms on her waist.

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

 

I called a cab since Ms. High alcohol tolerance is nowhere near being sober. I told the driver her address as I settled ourselves at the back of the cab. Amber suddenly lie on the seat like it’s a bed, her head on my lap. Out of reflex my right hand played with her hair. She’s asleep.

 

“You’re still mischievous. you never really changed.” I said to her. Her hand suddenly grab my lone hand and she bring it to her cheek, she seemed to relax after doing it.

 

Few minutes later the cab stopped in front of her apartment complex. I woke her up and she obliged but she’s still drunk. I manage to bring us both in front of her door and I was greeted by her door that’s in need of a passcode. How on earth am I supposed to open this????

 

Last time I’ve been here her passcode is her birth date. I pressed the digits 0-9-1-8-9-2 after pressing enter a sound beeped indicating that the digits I typed were wrong. What now???

 

My brain just hatched an idea..

 

It’s worth a try..

 

Slowly I type a couple of digits. 1-0-2-4-9-4

 

A sound confirming that digits were indeed right ringed. I almost cried, she changed her passcode to my birthday. Oh, Amber. 

 

 

I half carry, half drag her to her room. Being here again brings quite a load of memory. Nothing changed in her room. I settled her on her bed, I took of her shoes and place a blanket over her. I need some water after this tiring work. I went out her room to her kitchen and realised that her place is a mess. There’s mostly beer cans everywhere and broken things around the unit. Was this because of me??? A tear fell from my eye knowing how broken and lonely she really feels. Out of guilt, I grab a plastic bag and threw away the trash and useless stuff around her apartment. I cleaned some of her dishes that’s been begging to be washed. I threw some of her dirty clothes to the laundry bag. After cleaning a little I went back to her room. I sat beside her as she sleeps soundly.

 

“I’m sorry. You’re suffering because of me. Sorry for being mean and unreasonable. I left you exactly when you needed someone.” I said to her as I fix the hair blocking her face. “I have an inner battle right now. I know I should just go and act as if this night did not happen because of our feud but a bigger part of me wants to stay and forget about everything because a part of me has been taken away by you. Everyday in the office, I like looking at your eyes unbeknownst to you. Your eyes felt like home and I’ve never felt home ever since the storm started. You’re my home, Amber, and you’ll always will be.” Slowly I leaned to her and kiss her forehead. Right after I kiss her her arms wrapped around me making it impossible for me to get up. My face was buried to her chest, she reeks of alcohol mixed her perfume. Her smell is still addicting nonetheless.

 

“Then stay.” She said.

 

She released the hug and I got up, she move to a sitting position resting her back on the head rest. We were just staring at each other.

 

“I-I was wondering i-if what you told me in the elevator was true.. You know, the last thing you said..” she ask shyly.

“What do you think? Do you want it to be true?”

“God I would give up anything only for it to be true.” She  said and I smile a bit. I got my necklace under my blouse, it was the ring she gave to me.

“Y-you kept it.” She said. amazed.

“Of course I did.” I said to her.

“But why????” She ask looking very confused.

“Why would a person keep something her ex gave to her?” I ask her.

“Because it’s expensive?” She said and I laugh and so did she.

“Stupid,” I said to her. “Because I have hope for us. The elevator incident was an eye opener to me. It made me think that I could work and work and earn all the lost money but at the end of the day I wouldn’t be completely happy. I had no one to go home to; at the end of everyday it felt like I was the who really lost. It took me a long time to be mad at you or at least to pretend that I am. But I can’t pretend anymore. I want a life where you are in it. A life where I see you at the beginning and at the ending of my every day. I want you back. So if you’re asking me if what I said is true, yes, it’s true. I am still and will always be in love with you, Amber Liu.”

 

She hug me and I hug her back. We’re pouring all our emotions and all we could is cry as the overwhelming feeling take over us.

“So will you stay? Tonight and all the days and nights that will come?” She ask.

“Yes, I will stay with you, by your side and spend all our days and nights together.” I said.

 

We realise the hug and face each other.

“What will happen with us then? When tomorrow comes” She ask.

“Tomorrow can take care of itself  and we each other to live on every tomorrow.” I said to her.

 

“I missed you so much.” She said and without any hesitations she leaned in and kiss me. My arms automatically went around her neck as we adjust our positions. I push her down the mattress making me on top. Every kiss and every touch is everything I want, need and missed. She hold me so tight like I would suddenly disappear from her. Our every touch are becoming bolder as seconds pass. My blouse was discarded not so long ago leaving me with only my skirt and my lingerie.

 

“This skirt of yours has been killing me since this morning.” She said as she rip my skirt like it was nothing. I then hurriedly took off her dress shirt exposing her impressive physique. We kissed like it’s our last as clothes scatter on the floor. 

 

 

 

And so their night went on…..

 

 

 

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

I woke suddenly fearing everything was just a dream. I sat up only to feel my hangover hit me like a truck. My hangover was definitely real. I grab my head as I fall to my bed. The body beside me woke up alarmed.

 

“Hey are you okay?” She ask while she got up and massage my head. Krystal! She’s real!! And we’re not wearing any clothes!!! Forgetting about my head I tackle her down my bed making on top of her.

“You’re real! I thought I was only dreaming!” I said as I bury my face on her neck.

“You’re not. I am very real.” She assured me as she embrace my head playing with my hair. She kiss the top of my head as I adjusted myself as I rest my head on her chest my arms still around her.

 

“I think we should go to work.” She suggested. I just move my head from left to right saying I don’t want to.

“I like this position too much. It’s too comfortable.” I said.

“C’mon. We can continue this after work..” She said. I still shake my head. “..or during lunch, I will make sure to lock my office.” She said and I immediately got up pulling her to my bathroom…

 

 

NO ONE’S POV

 

And it took them and hour or two to get ready for work. After showering Amber wear her office  clothes while Krystal borrowed a pair of sweat shirt and sweat pants and took them another hour so Krystal could go back to her apartment and change. They entered their office hand in hand not caring about the public’s reaction. It’s their life and they can do whatever the hell they want. ^_~