Everything About You

That Thing Called One-Shots

"Hey Amber, you have some ice cream on your face. Let me wipe it."

She leans forward, extending her thumb wiping the ice cream near my lip and her thumb aftewards. I can't help but to stare at her face near me for the gazillionth time, not that I'm staring at her for like the past 3 years that we've been bestfriends.

Yup, she's my bestfriend and that's all we'll ever be.

"There, all done." She said with a smile and we continue to eat our ice cream under a tree while sitting at a park bench to wait for the sunset.

 

 

She's Krystal, Krystal Jung of Jung Soojung. The ice princess of my life, the one who can make me feel happy and sad all at the same time. She's the most dearest person that's not a family to me. She can be a total snob and ignorant for a second then it can completely change to cheery and jolly the next. She confuses me most of the time but I still like it about her. In simpler terms she's the one I love.

I can't rememeber how my feelings started all I know is that I want to be with her all the time and her presence makes my heart skip a beat everytime she's near me.

That's love right?

You don't need any complicated scientific explanation to why your hands suddenly becomes sweaty when she's near you or why does it feel like you swallowed a whole garden of butterflies everytime you look at her.

 

 

 

We finished eatigng our ice cream and soon enough we're witnessing the sun set on the horizon.

"It's really beautiful, Am." She said as she admires the sunset.

"It really is." I told her as I admire her.

"I don't think I will ever get tired of watching it." She commented.

"Me too, I won't ever ever get tired of watching the beauty I'm looking at." She turned to look at me and I swiftly diverted my head to the sunset.

"It's really beautiful, wow!" I said, now pertaining the sun.

 

 

 

Like our normal routine, I would walk her to her apartment after watching the sunset.

"Thanks for today, Amber." She said as we stop in front of her door.

"And thanks to you too." I said.

"Go home, okay? I don't want you to get home late." She said, sarcasm in her voice.

"Sure. If you need me I'll just be next door away." I said  and we both laugh.

"Haha! Okay, see you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Amber."

"Goodnight, princess." I waved to her as she went inside her apartment. "I love you." I said to their door.

 

 

 

"Dammit, Amber! When are you gonna man up to tell her your feelings?" I spoke to myself as I ruffle hair. I move around my bed in annoyance.

"Oh wait! She's your bestfriend and she might not see you as one AFTER YOU CONFESS TO HER!" I shouted back at myself.

"Ohhh. Why does this have to be so hard??"

 

 

"Wakie wakie!!" An annoyingly gorgeous creature woke me up. I figured I shouldn't have given her my spare key.

"It's too early Soojung and it's a Saturday!" I whined as I burried my head in a pillow.

"Oh come on, Amber! It's already eleven-thirty in the morning and you promised to help me prepare for my date later!" She said excitedly to me. It's actually the main reason why I don't wan to stay in bed all day.

"I don't want to." I told her trying my luck that maybe me she'll not let me help her prepare to meet up some guy.

"But you promiseeeeeeeed." She whined.

"Aish. Fine fine, I'm getting up!" I said and sit on my bed with a groggy eyes and disheveled hair.

"Yeyy! You are really the best bestfriend in the whole wide world!" She told me as hug mo tightly that we fall back on my bed.

"I know, I know." I said to her as I return her hug. "And that's all we'll ever be." I said softly.

"What?" She asked as she released from the hug and looked at me with her both arms beside my head as she supports herself.

"N-nothing." I said to her. And again I can't help but get lost in her eyes as she return the gaze.

"You know I think I just noticed it now but your eyes are really beautiful." She said as lower herself on me, her elbows now supporting her and her hand carresses my cheek.

I'm now praying that she wouldn't hear my heart beating loudly like it wants to get out of my chest.

Her other hand romove some bangs covering my face pushing them up. Her fingers dance over my temple and forehead. Her eyes are all over my face like she sees my face was the greatest discovery known to men.

Oh, I would give anything to let this happen everyday.

I watch her eyes went to look at my eyes, my eyes to my nose then my nose to my lips. Her gaze lingered on my lips and I watch as she slowly move her lips closer to mine.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion like my whole being was born just to live for this moment. Few more milimeters....

*RING*

She immediately got off me and went to her phone that she placed on my desk.

"Dammit!" I cursed silently to myself.

"Y-yes, oppa... Yes.. Okay, See you later. Bye." he said to the other line.

"Prince charming checking on you, aye?" I ask her as I get up from my bed. I'm annoyed as hell but I didn't let it show.

"He's not my prince charming." She said.

"Then remind me again why you're going on a date with him later?" I .

"Nothing. He just seemed like nice guy so whu not?"

"Whatever you say." I said.

 

She waited for me to fix myself and we went next door to her apartment.

"So, how does this ne looks on me?" She asks me on her seventh dress.

"It's beautiful, Krystal." I said as I quickly take a look at her and back to my phone where I was playing Candy Crush.

"I want a real answer, Amber! And stop playing Candy Crush!" She said looking irritated.

"What? But it really looks good on you." I told her.

"You sounded sarcastic!" She complained.

"Well, it really looks beautiful on you, princess." I mocked her by putting a fake smile.

"Really now? come on, Amber. Not funny. Help me out hear!" She complained even more.

"Okay fine you really want to know what I think?" I ask her as I stand up and put down my phone. She nodded.

"Anything you put on is really beautiful.." I said as I walk closer to her.

"Everything you do will make you look good.." I stopped in front of her.

"You don't need to worry so much about your make-up or your clothes or your shoes.." I look straight in her eyes. 

"If that guy really likes you he will accept you for who you really are. You don't need to change any bit of yourself just to make him like you. You are perfect the way you are and if he didn't like how you'll look later on then he doesn't deserve any of your attention nor your time. Okay? Cause when I knew you I've accepted your real nature. I've accepted your strength and your flaws and that's just make me lov- Oh, y-you k0know what I mean, right?" , I almost told her I love her.

"That was really sweet and thoughtful, Am." She said her eyes looked watery. "You sure you didn't practiced it before?" She joked.

"Thank you, Amber. I'm really grateful for your existence in my life." She said as she hugged me. I hugged her back hoping she would feel my unrequited love for her.

"Come on, you don't want to be late for your date." I reminded her, more like reminding myself.

 

 

 

I offered to give her a ride to her date. As much as it kills me I did what a bestfriend should.

"Here we are." I told her as I stop the car.

"Than, Am. Really. I don't know what I will do without you," She said.

"You would die without me?" I joked on her.

"Probably." She said and laugh. "I'll get going, okay? Drave safely. See you tomorrow." She said and I wave back at her.

"You're really a er for her, Amber." I told myself as I drive back home.

 

 

 

 

When I got home I just went straight to my room and just decided to sleep the night off.

 

I was woken by a knock on my door. I look at my phone to check the time and saw it was only ten-fifity.

"Aish, who could ne knocking at this hour?" I walked lazily toward the door.

"K-krystal? What are you doing here? Where's your date."  I ask her in confusion.

"I told him I was not feeling well so we just had dinner and he sent me home."

"Why? Are you okay? How do you feel? Do you need med-"

"I'm alright, Amber."

"T-then why are you here?"

"I-I just realized something.."

"And what did you suddenly realized at this hour?"

"Can I come in first?"

"Oh yeah, sure."

 

"You want any juice, water?" I ask her.

"No, I'm fine." We're standing at the middle of my livin room and I noticed Krystal is fidgeting.

"Are you sure you're really okay?"

"I'm fine Amber!" She suddenly snapped at me.

"Okay. No need to get angry."

"I-I'm sorry."

"It's okay. So what do you want to tell me?"

"W-when you said your speech to me before my date.." Her words trailed as she step closer to me and I slowly step back afraid of what she might ask.

"Yeah..?"

"What were you supposed to say at the end?" She asks me. I gulped hearing her question as I move further back.

"W-what do you mean?" I ask, she's still walking towards me.

"You said you've accepted my strength and flaws.."

"Yes.." Sweat started forming on my forehead and my hands are getting  sweaty, really sweaty.

"And that just makes you what?"

"What do you mean?"I said as I was startled when my back reached the cold wall and knowing she's dangerously close to me.

"What were you supposed to say next??" She asks as she corners me on the wall.

"N-nothing.." I lied.

"Come on, Amber. You're lying" She said sounding impatient.

"I-I'm not lying."

"Yes you are. You're eyes twitch when you lie, Amber."

"I-I'm not twitching, Krystal." I said as I fell my eyes twitch. .

"Then why are you sweating like you've ran a marathon?"

"I-I a-am not" I said as I wipe my sweat with the back of my hand.

"You were about to say something.." She said and she looks like she's in the verge of crying.

"H-hey, why are you c-crying?" I ask as a single tear fell down her cheek.

"Fine. If you don't want to say then I'm not gonna force you." She said. She sounded hurt and mad. I cannot just let her leave with a grudge on me!

 

She was about go but I stopped her. 

"I was supposed to say that it makes me love you more." I said not looking at her.

"I love you okay? Now, you can hate me all you want." I said to her. I can feeel her not moving from her spot. She's probably hating me with all her guts right now.

"I'm sorry for falling in love with you. I swear I didn't planned this to happen.. it just did.. I'm sorry." She remained unmoving.

"Face me when you tell you love me." She said, her voice demanding. It sparked a hope in me. So with the remaining courage left in me I looked her in the eyes, making sure my words will leave a mark in her heart and in her mind.

"I love you Krystal Jung SooJung cause everything about you is just beautiful and inviting. You may be a bratty sometimes but it's totally fine with me because I've accepted everything about you from the moment I knew that I've fallen deeply and hopelessly in love with you. I love you."

"God! I just told you tell me I love you and you already made a heartfelt speech!" She said in on breathe as she jump on me and kissed me.

KRYSTAL IS KISSING ME!!

"I love you too." She said looking at me straight right in to my eyes.

"I'm soory it took me quite a while to realize that all I ever needed was just right beside me, always looking out for me."

 

 

 

=================================

Yeyy another chapter. I feel like I'm being a good author since I've updated three times in a row LOL hehehe just kidding