Find Me 1

That Thing Called One-Shots

Hi. My name is Krystal Jung.

I’m an orphan, our house was burnt down to ashes because of an electrical malfunction when I was six years old. It was the day of my birthday, I was so happy that day but it turned out to be the worst day of my life.

My whole family died and I was the only one who survived. At a young age I felt very lonely and sometimes I wished that I died together with them. Before the incident I was the playful, cheerful, friendly little girl but after what happened I became quiet and would only talk if I was asked some questions.

My uncle, Jung Yunho, took me in after the incident, he was my dad’s younger brother. He has a wife but they don’t have any children so they were more than willing to let me in to their home. He and his wife were very kind to me, they understood what I was experiencing at those times so they would always tell me that they love me and I am not alone that I’ll always have them and they’ll never leave me. Few years passed I eventually started warming up on them and considered them as my family, somehow I became more cheerful but not as cheerful as before. I always tried my best not to be so happy because from what I’ve learned it can lead to total sadness afterwards.

High school came and I graduated as a valedictorian, I never had so much friends back in high school because I focused more on my studies, high grades is the least I could give my family.

 

 

College came and that’s when I met her. Amber Liu. She was also an orphan and we’re both taking up criminology as our major. I took this because uncle Yunho inspired me, he’s the commissioner general.

She was the happy-go-luck-type while I was the ignorant type. A lot of people in our college wanted to be friends with her because she has this aura that makes you happy, she was like the life of the party.

I don’t knwow why but out of all the people that wanted to be with her she would always chose to be with me. We would spend our breaks together, study together, she even negotiated with my former roommate to exchange room with her.

At first I would just ignore her though she’s my roommate but she would always follow me during breaks and would always sit beside me. Since I find no harm on her I started to talk to her and I felt that she was happy because I started to talk to her. Not long enough, I started to open-up to her and told her my story, she’s the only person other than my adoptive parents I feel I can trust and I feel safe with.

Amber has always been a bright student, she doesn’t look like the studious type but school has always been easy for her. I admire her a lot, she has this vibe like she’s got everything figured out. She’s very good in our class’ physical activities like how to properly hold a gun, she can shoot straight right on the bull’s eye, her skills are impeccable. She’s even better than the men in our class.

She would always help me out on this area because I’m not the athletic type. I would just actually rely on her to explain to me everything when it comes to physical activities because I literally learn a whole lot more from her than from our professors. She happily teaches me, though she’s very strict when she teaches me self defense. She would always reiterate the importance of self defense and she’s very particular with even just the smallest details of it. “Always keep your guard at all times.” As she would always say.

She’s very good at guns and that’s where I lack, we would always practice in our room with dummy guns. And I think that’s how started to develop some feelings for her.

 

It was just a typical school day. Since we did a lot of physical activities on that day we just decided to go straight to our dorm to rest.

“I’m bummed.” She said as she dive on her bed face first.

“Me too.” I told her as I lie on my bed. “God. I really need to improve my gun handling and shooting, I really at that.” I said to no one in particular.

“Haha yes, you really at that!” She said laughing and teasing me.

“Shut up! Remember this Amber, one day I will be better than you when it comes to guns.” I said to her proudly.

“I’m sure you will, princess.” She said. It was surprisingly in a sincere way while looking at me as if admiring me. *dugeun* 

“Come on, I’ll teach you what I can teach you.” She said enthusiastically as I sat on my bed.

She grab the pellet hand gun on her desk and sat beside me.

“So this is a gun.” She said.

“You don’t say?” I and we both laugh.

“Hahaha my bad, sorry. Of course, you already know all the parts of a gun.” She said. “Okay, stand up and hold this gun.” She said and we both stood, she gave me the pellet gun and I pointed it to the farthest wall in our room.

“Okay so your target is that clock’s center, okay?” She said and I nodded in agreement. “Shoot whenever you’re ready.” She told me. I took a deep breath and shoot. To my disappointment it just hit the wall.

“Uhhh, this is frustrating!” I said in annoyance.

“It’s just the first shot, don’t give up easily.” She encouraged me. I composed myself again and point the gun again to the clock. She went to my back to observe me.

“Tighten your hold on the gun with your right hand.” She said as I felt her right hand hover on top of my right hand.

“Then, steady the gun with your left hand like this.” I felt her hot breath on my neck as her left hand guided my left hand to secure the gun properly then all of a sudden I can’t focus at anything anymore. She was enveloping me in her arms weather she’s aware of it or not.

“Now, as you aim at the target make sure that the front and rear sight are aligned with each other.” My heart started to beat rapidly at our close proximity.

“Make sure your gun is fixed on the target.” I can feel the temperature getting hotter every second.

“Now, breathe deep..” I breathe deep, I also felt her breathe deep against my neck. “And shoot.” *bang* I felt something warm and soft made contact with my neck, it felt good but it was gone as soon as the gun’s sound disappeared. Did she kiss me?

“Now that wasn’t so bad was it?” She said huskily our position not changing. The pellet hit the inside of the clock bit not the center.

“One more time.” She said. “Now, focus on your target and not on me.” She said like it was nothing. I quickly felt embarrassed but I didn’t lose my composure. Her hands went from my hands to my waist as if securing me in place. This time I focused on my target though her hands on my waist were really distracting.

“Take  a deep breath…” “And shoot” Finally! The pellet hit the center of the clock. I was so happy that turn around and hugged her tight.

“I did it! I did it!” I repeated.

“Yes you did it.” She said as she returns my hug. “You’re gonna be better than me, I can see it.” She said and I really was touched by her words.

“I don’t think so, you’re really great, Amber.” I told her.

“Nah.” She said. “Promise me one thing.” She said as we let go of the hug

“Shoot me if necessary.” She said.

“And why would I do that?” I ask her in confusion.

“No particular reason.” She said to me.

“You’re weird.” I told her.

“Yeah I know. But promise me, Krystal.” Her eyes changed in to a serious one.

“Okay whatever you say.” I told her to drop the subject.

“Don’t worry, I’d take a bullet for you.” She told me and her smile was back on her face.

 

 

 

 

After that moment, I started developing feelings for her. Feelings I know you feel when you started liking someone more than just a friend.

It was a couples of months later that I confirmed to myself that I’m in love with Amber. She was really caring and would always look after me and for all I know she really makes me happy. I’ve kept it to myself and said to myself when I’m ready and when I’m sure she feels the same I would confess to her.

 

One night, I was studying on a test on my bed since I want to lie down while studying, my stomach resting on the mattress as I supprt my weight with my arms while she was just lying on her bed while playing around with the pellet gun targetting random objects.

"Aren't you gonna study?" I ask her.

"The test will just be a piece of cake." She answered still playing with the pellet gun.

"Whatever you say genius." I said and went back to studying.

"I'm a genius alright." She boasted and I just rolled my eyes one her.

After a few minutes she got up from her bed and lied down next to me imitating my position, our arms touching. We normally do this but tonight is different. After settling herself she rested her chin on my shoulder and my heart started to beat rapidly. If I face her we would surely kiss. *dugeun dugeun*

"Krys, let's do something fun. I'm bored." She pouted, I can feel her hot breath against my neck everytime she speaks.

"Studying is fun, Amber." I answered her, trying not to look at her.

"No it's not." She protested.

"Then what does my Llama want to do?" I panicked as soon as I realized I that I used 'my' but she doesn't seem to mind. Whew.

"Let's play a game." She said.

"What do you wanna play then?" I ask still trying to focus on my notes.

"It's just a simple game." She said. "Turn your gaze on me now or suffer the consequence."

"What's the consequence if I don't look at you?" I ask.

"Then I'll torture your neck by tickling." She said, smirking.

"You do realize that there's a big possibility of us kissing on the lips either way, right?" I told her trying get some senses into her head.

"Mhmm." She just hummed in response. Do you want to kiss me, Amber? I said to myself.

"You know Amber you could've just said you like me if you want to get a kiss from me." I joked at her.

"Then that would be less exciting now would it?" She said. I think my heart just stopped beating, did she just confessed indirectly?

"Then I'd like to see try, Amber." I told her, taking her last statement as a joke because I don't want to assume.

"Don't mind if I do." She said.

"On one condition, Amber. No using of hands." I told her. There's no way she would tickle me now.

"But why?" She whined.

"Then that would be less exciting now would it?" I used her words on her. I smirked.

"Then how am I supposed to tickle you?" She asks.

"Not my problem, Amber." I said with a smile.

Few seconds passed and she was silent so I thought she already gave up but her chin still resting on my shoulder. After a few more seconds I felt a tickling sensation on my neck. I can’t help but giggle. She was blowing air on my neck. A few minutes passed and I still resist her air tickles.

“You can look anytime now, Krys.” She said in between blows.

“I don’t think so.” I said to her still giggling. After a few more blows and I was still able to resist her tickles.

“ it.” She frustratingly said. I laughed at her. She stopped blowing air on my neck so I thought she gave up.

“Giving up already-“ I wasn’t able to continue what I was saying as I felt her close the gap between my neck and her lips. She was leaving slow sloppy kisses on neck.

“T-that’s not tickling anymore, A-amber.” I said as I close my eyes and stop the studying I was doing, her kisses felt so good. Her arms went to my waist pulling me closer to her

“But you like it even more.” She said.

I wasn’t able to resist anymore, I turned my whole body to face her giving her easy access to my whole neck. The hand that she used to pull me close to her is snaking its way inside my shirt. I felt it going up but I held her hand and stopped her, I need to confirm something.

“Wait. Amber.” I said. As if reading my mind she looked in my eyes started talking.

“I like you, Krystal. No. I love you. A-and I've been wanting to tell it to you for quite a long time." She said.

That was all I need to know.

"And i love you too, Amber. So how about that kiss you've been wanting?" I ask both of us smiled as she close the gap between my lips and hers. Her hands explored my upper body and it felt good.

(((((They just made out, guys. I don't do . Sorry hehehehe))))))

 

 

I was happy my whole college life until another twist of fate came my way.

It was the day before our graduation, I was gathering the remaining things in our dorm. Amber wasn't with me because she said she was running some errands for her family.

I was going thru my desk when I saw note on my drawer.

Dear Krystal,

    First of all I would like say sorry for what I'm about to tell you. But before I continue with this letter I would like to let you know that I love you. Always have, always will. Always remember that. I would forever be grateful that with everything that we have and everything that we are.

   You'll probably hate me after reading this but maybe it's all for the best.

   Krystal, when I told you I was running some errands for my family, the truth is I'm really going away. I'm not who you think I am. I'm a bad person. That's all you need to know for now.

   I want you to find me Krystal. Remember what you promised. SHOOT ME IF NECESSARY.

   Always remember the things I thought you, especially with guns and self defense. I didn't teach you for nothing. You might need it when you find me.

Krystal, I love you. Find me.                                                                                    

   

After reading the letter I felt like my whole world collapsed in front of me. I don't understand what she's trying to tell me. Who is she really? Why do i need to find her? A lot of questions were running through my mind.

On the day of the graduation everyone was happy except me. She didn't attend the graduation. I felt betrayed, I hate her. Why does everyone that I love always leave me?

 

After college I focused all my attention on work. A handful of my co-worker would try to ask me out but I've mastered the art of being cold to people.

I learned that you shouldn't trust anyone, don't expect too much. It might just backfire on you.

So here I am now. I'm a senior investigator. I'm known to be the best. I solve top crimes and I've been awarded by my country.

My work thought me to never let any emotion penetrate in your work. Always have an open mind and see things in all angles. 

 

 

Today I was called by the commissioner general for a new case.

"You called for me, uncle?" I said to the commissioner general when I walked in his office.

" Yes, Krystal. I'm giving you a new case to work on. But it's your choice if you want to accept it or not." I can sense hesitation in his voice.

"What do you mean, unlce? You know me. I never say no to cases." I told him.

"But this one is different." He said as he handed me a folder that contains the information to my next case. I took it and as soon as I saw the information, I know I want this.

"You can choose not to accept it Krystal." He said, his voice sounded worried.

"I'll take it." I told uncle and left her room.

 

As soon as went home to my apartment, I quickly took out the folder from my bag. I stared at the picture of my target. Somehow, some things are already making sense.

 

I still don't why you want me to look for you but  I will make sure to find you, Amber Liu because you are my next target.