Please Stay

That Thing Called One-Shots

Shoutout to @llamavan and @denisha hehehehe

 

================================================================

 

“Good afternoon, class.” Our professor greeted us as she set her things on her desk.

My eyes darted to the front. It can’t be.

“My name is Krystal Jung, your new English professor.” She said as she focuses her evil eyes on me and I stare back at her in disbelief. I can see some of my classmates are gawking at her.

“Mr. Kim, has some personal matters that is need of his greater attention so I will be his replacement.” She said and I could just shake my head in disbelief.

 

 

 

“Okay, that’s all for today class. Class dismissed.” She said and students started leaving the room.

“Oh, Ms. Liu, Please stay.” She said innocently.

I stayed in my seat and when all the students were out she closed the door.

I stood up and stand in front of the teacher’s table.

“So, MS. JUNG..” I said emphasizing the honorific. “Why did you let me stay?” I ask her as I try to glare at her.

“Please, Amber. Your glare doesn’t work.” She snorted. I sighed knowing my glares never work on her.

“Are you really following me everywhere? Even here in the university!” I ask her sternly.

She walked in front of me. “So what if I am?” She said.

“You can’t just do that, Krystal.” I try to say to her nicely.

“But I just did that, Amber.” She said, obviously teasing me.

“How did you even get this position?” I ask her.

“I have connections. Plus, me having a high IQ and finishing my studies at the age of 20 makes me overly qualified for this job. But that’s beside the point, Amber! I’m here for you.” She said.

“I told you, we’re over. How many times do I have to tell you that?” I argued.

“Look. I’m really sorry for breaking up with you before and for hurting you badly. My parents really wanted me to focus on my studies so I had to follow them and broke up with you.” She said.

“I was hurt, Krystal. Deeply hurt.” I said softly and avoided her eyes.

She cupped my face and I can’t help but to close my eyes. Her touch really makes me weak.

“But I’m here now, aren’t I?” She said sweetly. “Let me make it up to you.” Her arms slowly circle my neck bringing our foreheads together as my hands automatically circled her waist.

“I-I really miss you Krystal but I don’t think I can let myself be hurt by you again. I’m sorry.” Slowly, I held her hands that’s around me and gently bring it down, detaching ourselves together.

I walk out of the classroom leaving her.

 

Though I still love her, I’m afraid she would still hurt me if we get back together.

I’m still not ready for another relationship.

 

 

 

 

 

“Good afternoon, class.” Weeks passed, another class with Krystal. I can bear with this, I told myself.

“Please open you textbook to page 193.....”

“Please answer the exercises on page 195.” She said.

While answering, I can feel her staring at me. I look at her and she really was staring at me.

She even winked at me!

I stick my tongue out on her and went back to answering the exercises.

 

 

“Okay, class dismissed.” She said

“Please stay, Ms. Liu.” Not again. I said to myself.

I went to her desk after all the students were gone.

“What is it now?” I ask.

“You’ve been falling behind, Ms. Liu. Tsk tsk.” She said as she go through her records.

“What? That’s impossible! Im good at English!” I protested.

“But your record says otherwise, Ms. Liu. Might I suggest tutoring class by your truly?” she said innocently and her evil sweet smile.

“What?! You can’t do this, Krystal! You’re just doing this so you could spend time with me.” I argued.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Ms. Liu.” She said innocently. “Would you rather to take again this subject next semester?” She teased.

“What???? F-fine!” I said, defeated.

“Okay, my place, 6pm to 8pm, every Thursdays. Don’t be late.” She said sweetly. I can’t believe this girl.

I could just ditch the tutoring lessons right?

“Don’t even think of ditching this, I have an attendance card you need to sign every meeting. Goodbye, Amber.” She said cheerfully. I can’t believe I fell for that. *sigh*

 

 

 

Here I am, standing in front of her house thinking if I really should fall in to her trap.

The door open without me knocking. “Oh, you’re here! Too excited to start the lessons, I see.” She said cheekily.

“Whatever, Krystal.”

We went to her dining to start the tutoring lessons. She sat beside me and brought her chair close to me. Really close.

“Sign this please.” She said as she hand me the attendance card.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.” I said as I sign the card.

“Okay, let’s start!” she said with a clap.

“Okay, I need you to write an essay about this article.” She said and handed me an article about global warming.

This should be easy I told myself.

 

I put my full attention on the paper I was reading rather than dwell about the close proximity between us. I can smell her intoxication scent. Help me God.

After a while she stood up and went to her kitchen and I breathe out deeply. “What do you want eat, Amber? Oh! I have your favourites, I have bottles of milk tea and blueberries. Your favourites!” She said excitedly.

Well, she remembers the things I like. *dugeun* *dugeun*

She went back carrying a tray with milk tea and blueberries.

“Eat up while you’re doing that.” She said cutely.

An hour has passed and I’m nearly done with my paper when I noticed her head bobbing up and down as she was supporting her head with her hand.

“What do I do with you, Krystal?” I said to her while she was sleeping.

“You still make my heart beat fast after all this time.” Slowly I held her head and put it on my shoulder as I continue to write.

 

Finally! I finished my paper. “Ehem.” I made a sound so she would wake up

“Sshhh.” She made a sound and adjusted her position, hugging me from the side.

“Aish, what do I with you?” I ask myself.

“Carry me to bed?” She whispered. This girls awake!

Before I can even protest she said, “Please?” she said still with her eyes closed. “I missed this.”

I honestly missed these times too.

After having a war with myself, I decided to carry her to bed.

My arm went to her back and the other went to the back of her knees and carried her. Her arms circled my neck and her head rested on my chest.

I placed her on her bed and just decide to leave after. I was about to leave but she grab my hand.

“Stay. Please?” she said. I look into her eyes, her eyes were sad the next thing I knew I was covering both our bodies with a blanket.

She snuggled close to me placing her head under my chin and her arm draped on my neck as she caress the back of my head, her legs intertwined with mine. My arm automatically circled her waist closing and space between our bodies.

“Goodnight.” She said softly and I kiss the crown of her head. “I love you, Amber.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I attended class the next day. I left Krystal’s house early in the morning for me to avoid any possible awkward interaction with her.

Our English class started and I can feel Krystal’s eyes boring a hole on me.

We’re having a discussion about some novel when she called me.

“Ms. Liu? Do you know perhaps why the protagonist in the novel left his lover as soon as the sun rise?” She glared and ask sternly.

I stood up to answer and class’ attention is on me.

“Well, maybe the protagonist doesn’t want to have any awkward interaction with his lover.” I said trying match her gaze.

“Why would you think they would have some kind of this awkward interaction?” She asked.

“I don’t know! Maybe he’s afraid to  acquire feelings they used to share.” I said back at her.

“Well I think the protagonist must be a coward for not trusting the his lover.” She said

“M-maybe, maybe he is.” I said softly.

“Okay, you may now take your seat.” She said.

 

 

When class ended, she pulled me when I was about to leave the room, good thing I was the last one to leave so no one noticed.

“Why did you leave?!” She snapped me as soon as she closed the door.

“I just want to!” I snapped back at her.

“You should’ve woke me up!”

“Why are you even making a big deal out of this?!” I ask her.

“I-I don’t know!” She said looking frustrated.

“I-it’s like last night you opened up again to me and when I didn’t feel you next to me this morning i-it feels like I-I let you again once again..” she said tears forming in her eyes. “I-I mean I could’ve woke up, we could’ve had breakfast together you know? We could even go to school at same-“ She was already blabbering things when I just hug her so she would stop over thinking.

It pains me to see her like this.

“Sshhh. Stop over thinking.” I said in her ear. “Want me to walk you home?” I ask her and she nodded on my chest.

 

 

We were walking and I don’t know what has gotten to me when I held her hand. She look at me but I just focused on the road ahead of us.

“W-were still no together.” I said to her, but she smile nonetheless and I secretly smiled as she placed her other hand over our entwined hands.

 

 

 

Another day, another class. Lately, I found myself anticipating her classes, maybe I’m slowly letting myself be with her again.

I was entering the classroom when I my classmate, Myungsoo, approached her. My eyes narrowed watching them as I stop from walking by the threshold of the door.

“G-good afternoon Ms. Jung. I-I brought chocolates for you.” He said and handed her the chocolates.

The whole class is teasing them and all I could was stare.

I can feel my blood boiling looking at them. So went near them.

“Ms. Jung. Doesn’t. Like. Chocolates.” I said to him but my eyes were on Krystal as I snatch the chocolates from Krysal. I can see Krystal trying to hide a smile.

“Hey, I gave that to Ms. Jung.” He protested. I was about to answer him but Krystal beat to it.

“Amber’s right, Mr. Kim. I don’t like chocolates. Sorry.” She said apologetically and I smiled at that.

Myungsoo went back to his seat looking sad because of what happened.

I went to my seat as I bore holes and throw daggers at his back.

 

 

It’s a Monday, I’m on my way to Krystal’s house. As I was walking, a sudden realization came upon to me.

What if Krystal grew tired of pursuing me? Can I handle to see her with another man?

Of course not! My brain answered me back.

 

 

 

I knocked on her door and as soon as she open the door, I hug her like my life depends on her. She was taken aback but hug me back nonetheless.

“I’m sorry.” I told her.

“Why?” she asks.

“I’ve been so stupid for not accepting you again in my life.” I said, I released the hug so I could face her.

“When I saw myungsoo trying to give you those damned chocolates I realized that I can’t bear to see you with someone else. I know I’m stupid for realizing it now but the truth is, I really love you! I’ve never stopped loving you.” I said.

She’s smiling from ear to ear. She held my face and just kissed me on the lips.

Somehow we ended up in her living room sofa making-out.

“Does this mean we’re together again?” She asks.

“Yes, princess.” I answered as I now attack her neck and collar bones.

“I love you.” I told her.

“I love you too, Amber.” She answered.