Find Me 2

That Thing Called One-Shots

I hope she finds me. After I left, I pray every night that she finds me. Well, for more clarification let me tell you my story.

I’m Amber Liu. As well as Krystal, I’m an orphan. My parents abandoned me when I was four years old. All I remembered was my parents were supposed to take me to the park, we went to a bus stop and they told to me wait. I waited for hours but they never returned. I was just a kid back then and the place was unfamiliar so I didn’t know how to get home. I remembered I slept in an alley that night because there were some cartons and it was cold. The next thing I knew, a man was carrying me and took me in to his home. Since then I considered him as my only family.

He was really kind but he do bad things. He owns a factory that makes and sells illegal weapons. Since I was kid he would train me with guns and he developed my skills in fighting. He never lied to me about what he do. When I first knew about him and his job, I honestly got scared but he was a kind man and a kind father to me so I guess that’s what made me not hate him.

I honestly don’t like what his job is since it’s illegal but I can’t go against him since he took me in and became the father I never had. As much as possible I don’t want to do anything with his business though he sometimes tries to involve me in it and though I know he’s gonna pass it on to me when the time comes.

So pretty much I tried to live my life as a normal human being with a little twist in my life. I was never really friendly back in high school since I thought that I might somehow put my dad’s business in jeopardy.

When college came my dad told me to take up criminology because he said that if I would be able to get in to the police, it would decrease the chance of his business to get busted. I agreed since the least I could is to help him in whatever he asked me to do.

When I entered college I was determined to finish my program to get in to the police so that I could protect my father's Business. As I enter college I decided to be the friendly, outgoing, fun type so no one would suspect what I was a criminal's child. That's when I met her.

Krystal is the studious type. She won't bother to strike up a conversation with a stranger. I don't what's with her that I liked but as far as I can say, she's the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me.

Like what I said earlier, I had all intentions to finish college and get in the police for the sake of my father's business. But as I came to know Krystal more and more I was mesmerized by her passion to do what is good and to always do the right thing. Next thing I know, I was madly in love with her.

Though being in love is a wonderful and sweetest thing. My love for anyone especially for her is toxic. Oil will never mix with water.

As I spent my college days with her, I found myself wanting to do the right thing, wanting to make my life clean and spotless. And I know I had to start with myself.

I came up with what I think a perfect plan. 

I then tried to teach her all the things she needed to know especially fighting, specifically holding a gun. I also tried to teach her self defense because I wouldn't want her to get hurt.

She's gonna use all these when she finds me.

I guess my biggest mistake was confessing to her back then. We can never be for each other to begin with. But I still tried my luck on her. We became a thing and trust me when I say that after I left the note in our dorm I thought of commiting suicide because I can't seem to bear the thought of her hating me. On the brighter side her hate in me might come in handy.

Now after a few years my dad died and I'm the leader of his business. I made his business prosper. I managed to enhance our products and goods. Too bad all of these will just turn in to dust.

I don't how my name started to surface the police's knowledge but I guess it's a sign that my business is larger than what I expected it out to be.

 

 

 

I wake up to a hopeful morning sky. The day was was just perfect. I went to my study and stare at the pictures on my desk. It bacame a daily habit of mine especially at night and when I don't have anything to do.

There were only two pictures on my desk. A picture of me and my dad when it was my 18th birthday and a picture of her. It was a picture of her I took when we had a field trip on a beach. We were waiting for the bus to take us back to the university. I was holding a camera and when I turn to face her she was staring at the sea and her side profile was catching sun rays and I can't help but to take her photo in that one majestic moment.

Too bad I know that she hates me with all her guts right now.

I was busy thinking of jow she's been when I heard a knock at my door. It was Key, my only friend.

"Good morning" he greeted me.

"Good morning, Key. What can I do for you?" I asked on my seat.

"No need to be polite, Amber. It's just you and me." He said and I let out a small smile.

"Anyways, I won't be long. Just wanted to tell you that. It's starting, Amber." He said. "They're now looking for you. The police are searching for you, for your whereabouts. And more specifically, she's looking for you. Krystal is looking for you." I smiled hearing her name.

"This is what you wanted, Amber. Good luck and stay alive." He finally said and left my study.

Hearing what Key had said. My heart started to pound not because I was afraid that the police might put me in jail but because I would be able to see her again.

Why not give jer a little surprise. I told myself.

I took out a phone and dialled Krystal's number. I got it when I hired an investigator to search about Krystal.

 

The phone started to ring. And after a few rings she finally answerd.

"Hello?" She said. Oh how I miss her voice.

"Hello, Krystal." I greeted calmly.

"Who is this?" She asked. I hint of alarm in her voice.

"The one who would take a bullet for you, love." I said.

"A-amber??" 

"Find me, Krystal."