Scar-face 3

That Thing Called One-Shots

After that night's incident Krystal would often come to my apartment. Every time I hear a knock on my door I already know that it was her. I would then have this inner battle on wether I would just leave her waiting or let her in but my conscience would always win and I would let her in. ALWAYS. What happened to my arrogant, ignorant, selfish old self? Though I let her in I would just go back to bed after letting her in and she would then clean my apartment and stuff or watch television. I tried stopping her at first about cleaning but she insisted so I just let her. She would always invite me to watch t.v. with her but I always decline. She would go home around 6 or 7 at night and she would leave food at the table before going.

 

As I wake up I already know that it's 11:29 a.m. and in about a minute my I should here a knock on my door. Krystal always comes at 11:30 and my body clock just decided to wake up a minute before Krystal knocks. I waited for a few more seconds but I hear no knock, it's been like this for past three days. And if you're asking if I'm waiting for her or if I'm disappointed that she hasn't visited me yet then my answer is NO. My life is back to being peaceful and back to the way I wanted it to be-the way it should be. 

A week has passed and still no sign of her. I should be happy right? No one is bothering me, my apartment is quiet and peaceful. My life is back to normal, you know normal.. pile of dishes begging to be washed, garbages all over the apartment.. Just the way I wanted it to be. Right, the way i wanted it to be.

I think it's about 6:00 in the evening that I decided to watch my favorite movie, The Phantom of the Opera. I can relate to it that's why it become my favorite. I'm just like the phantom lonely, selfish, cold and mean. I was about to press the play button when I heard a knock on my door. My heart started racing as I immediately went to my door. To my disappointment expaectation it's my brother's butler giving me my monthly allowance since I really don't do anything. He immediately said his goodbye as soon as I got the envelope. I closed the door about to go back to the living room to watch the movie but I heard another knock. Did he forget to kiss me goodbye? Aish.

"Wha-" I was about to say as I open the door.

"Hi! Did you miss me?" It was Krystal.

"W-what are  you doing here?" I ask her.

"Visiting you, duh." She said as lead her way to my apartment.

"After a week not showing you decided to just show your self now, huh." I said sarcastically.

"Aww. Did you miss me that much? I'm sorry. I went to the province to visit my grandparents for a week." She said teasing me. "Look I got you fresh fruits from our farm."

"I-I did not. You don't have to explain yourself to me." I said in my defense.

"You're cute when you stutter. What are you doing?" She said pinching my cheek.

"Just watching a movie." I said. We took our seat on the couch.

"Have you eaten already?" She asks me and I just shook my head as I press the play button.

"I'm gonna make you something wait here." She said, about to stand up.

"No, I'm not that hungry. J-just stay here." I said as prevent her from standing by holding her wrist.

We watch the movie silently. By the middle of the movie I saw her head bobbing up and down. I look at her and she's sleeping. I placed her head on my shoulder to make it easier for her to sleep. By the looks of it, she went here straight from the province. This girl never fail to surprise me.

After the movie I took Krystal to my room to let her sleep the night since it looks like she wouldn't be waking any time soon. I took the couch in the living room to sleep in. Before going to the couch, I took a good look at her realizing how beautiful she is. How could someone so beautiful fall in love to someone like me. So, the beauty fell in love with the beast. But the truth is, it is the beast who fell hard for a beauty.

 

Morning came and I woke up earlier than expected. I thought that I would make Krystal a breakfast. I went to the kitchen and made some french toasts and some scrambles eggs. After cooking, I place the food and a glass of orange juice on the bed-side table.

I started to clean up a little in my apartment. After sweeping the floor in the living room I decided to clean the dishes. As I was cleaning the dishes, I felt a pair of arms arounnd my waist.

"Thanks for the breakfast." She said. I just nodded my head as I feel my face getting flushed.

After doing the dishes I saw Krystal on the couch playing woth her phone.

" Hey." She said. "I need to go now, since I slept here without the knowledge of my parents. I'll be back maybe later in the afternoon." She said.

I walk her to the door.

"Thank you for the breakfast. It meant a lot to me." She said. She gave me a peck on the cheek before going.

"Krystal, here." I called her and gave her a key.

"What's this?" She asks.

"It's a duplicate of my apartment key." I said trying to avoid her eyes. "Y-you can just come in anytime you want.. S-so I w-won't be bothered to open the door when I'm asleep.." I said stuttering. Way to go Amber.

Before continuing on my stutter speech she hugged me tight and I can't help but to hug her back and smile.:)

 

 

The following weeks has been good. Krystal and I would interact more often and I honestly feel more comfortable around Krystal than anyone else but of course she doesn't know that. I haven't told her what I feel. I'm still not sure if I should tell her what I feel or if I should just keep it to myself.

 

It's 7:00 in the evening and I'm cravign for coffee but to my luck I just ran out again. Like before I went to the convinient store to buy some coffee. As I got out of the store I saw Krystal crossing the street, her steps looked like she's avoiding someone following her. The guy who was following Krystal got a hold of her wrist and made her look at him. Since my senses are now alerted I walk near to where Krystal and the guy was.

"Come on Krystal, why won't you say yes to be my girlfriend? I've been courting you for about a year and a half already." The guy said.

"But oppa, I told you before I already have-"

"But you always say that you're in a relationship but I never see you with anyone. I'm beginning to think that you're only saying it to avoid me." the guy said. I can see that Krystal already wants to leave but can't beacuse the guy's holding her back.

 

"Excuse me, are you bothering my girlfriend?" I said the guy as I put my arm to Krystal's waist. The guy can only see half of my face since I don't itend to scare him completely.

"Amber" I hear Krystal say, her voice sounded surprised.

"Is this him?" The guy asked Krystal and Krystal just nodded as she held onto my shirt.

"I thought you were only making it up." the guy said to Krystal sounding sad. "Well since I finally meet you. Please take good care of Krystal." He said

"I sure will" I said to the guy. "Well, we'll take our leave now." I said to him.

 

 

 

While walking back to my apartment I still got my arm around Krystal's waist and her head is resting on my shoulder.

"Did you mean that?" She ask out of nowhere/

"What?" I ask trying look clueless.

"You know the girlfriend thing." She said.

"What's with the girlfriend thing?" I ask again.

"Did you mean it or did you just say it to help me get away from him?" she asks.

"Well, would you like to be my girlfriend?" I ask her and she just smiled from ear to ear.

"Are you serioulsy asking me to be your girlfriend right now?" She ask.

"Well I could just ask someone else if you don't want to." I joke.

"No! Don't you dare, Amber Liu!" She said giving me a glare.

"Well, what do you say? You, me, together?" I ask.

"Yes." She said

 

 

"I love you, Krystal."

"I love you, Amber."