Four - The Breakup

I Miss You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She walked away, hoping Jongin would follow her and apologize. But he didn’t. That was not their first fight, truthfully, they fought almost every day, for almost every little thing. But these days, Jongin was in his worst state. He lied more, he cursed more, he got angry more, and he rarely apologize when he made a mistake. It was always Miyoung who ran to him.

When she realized that Jongin didn’t even call her name, she turned back to him. “You are not even trying our relationship, huh?”

“You wanted to end this, why should I try to maintain?” he said, coldly.

With running tears, Miyoung walked away to the taxi which waited for her. While looking at the moving cars outside, she cried her heart out, cannot believe that Jongin was that mean to her. “What’s gotten into him?” she thought.

“What did she said to you?”

Her sister sighed from the other line, “She said it’s really the end. She really can’t stay. What did he said to you?”

“Dad said almost the same thing as her. They really wanted to divorce, there’s nothing they can do to fix things up.” She said, almost tearing up.

“Ahyoung, don’t cry.”

“I’m not.”

“Let’s talk again once I got home, I have some papers to do right now. Bye, I’m hanging up.”

They both didn’t want their parents to divorce, who wanted to? But it’s been almost five years since Ahreum and Ahyoung knew that something’s not right with their parents at home. They’re always fought, and Dad rarely came home. He’d sleep at hotel rather than sleep at home.

Later they found out that their Mom bought a new apartment. So, when they’re fighting and their Dad’s at home, their Mom would sleep in her new apartment. Yes, the parents are that worst.

Ahreum had moved to Korea even before they found out that their parents are not in a good terms, so, it’d always been Ahyoung who watched the fight, and being left alone at home. She was sick because of the stress she got from her parents, and that’s made her parents stayed at home.

But the fight was never end.

So, she decided to move with her sister to Korea, hoping her parents would have a time to think and get back together. But, no, they chose to divorce.

“What are you doing here alone, crying?”

She looked at the guy beside him, “I’m not.”

Mark didn’t even look at her, “Sitting in a bench, crying, that will not even clear things up.”

“I can’t even do anything.”

“What’s wrong?”

Ahyoung wiped her tears, “My parents decided to divorce. Without even thinking about me and my sister.”

“I see.”

“I envy you,” she smiled a little. “You can meet with your Dad every day at school. Meanwhile me, there’s no difference whether I’m home in California or in Korea. I can’t meet with my parents often. They would be at hotel or their new apartment.”

“It’s not like they’re not thinking of you and your sister. It seems like they have another way to raise you. Even without being together.”

“Did your parents…”

Mark got up, “I have to go.”

He didn’t answer the question, but Ahyoung could conclude everything from him. His eyes were hurt, like he missed something, someone.

Miyoung was getting ready to school, just to found out that Jongin was already in front of her house, waiting. He was standing in front of his car, but Miyoung didn’t walk to him.

“I’m sorry.” He tried to catch her and grabbed her wrist, “I said, I’m sorry. Don’t play hard to get, Miyoung!”

“Playing hard to get? Me? What are you doing then? You said you don’t want to maintain everything. But what are you doing here?”

“I’m sorry, I was messed up yesterday. I’m going to work things out with you, don’t make it difficult, Miyoung!”

She tried to let go of him, “You’re the one who make things difficult!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter