Baking a Cake - December 19th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Jongin’s parents wedding anniversary was coming up, and he had promised them he would bake them a cake. Only later he realized what had been a stupid idea. He wasn’t a very good cook, and he had already failed at two attempts.

After going out to re-buy the ingredients, he decided not to try it on his own again. It was time to call in an expert.

“Kyungsoo! Come in, come in!”

He was more than happy to see the older man, as he was very close to losing all hope. Kyungsoo seemed pleased to be there also, since when they talked on the phone, he informed Jongin that he was incredibly bored and looking for something to do.

“Let’s get started, shall we?”

Kyungsoo was happy to help, but he wouldn’t just do it all by himself. Jongin insisted to do most of the work – as Kyungsoo guided him – since he had promised his parents that he would do it.

Kyungsoo carefully instructed Jongin, but the younger still wasn’t doing very good. He was beginning to find out that he was a lot clumsier in the kitchen as he thought he’d be. If it weren’t for Kyungsoo beside him, helping him to rectify his mistakes, that would have also been another failed cake.

By the time they were done – with the cake properly baked and decorated – the kitchen was a total mess. The cake looked beautiful, but there seemed to be as much flour slathered on Jongin’s apron, as had went into the batter.

“We’re done.”

Jongin sighed, feeling relief. He looked over to Kyungsoo, finding the man smiling at him.

“What?”

He asked, not able to not smile back; his lips were curving up to match Kyungsoo’s before he even understood why he should even be smiling.

“Nothing. You just look really cute with flour all over yourself.”

Kyungsoo laughed a bit, obviously mesmerized by how adorable the other was at the moment.

Jongin blushed, looking down, unable to stare Kyungsoo right in the eyes. He didn’t know how to respond to such a statement, but he really didn’t need to say anything, as his shy smile was enough to let Kyungsoo know what he was feeling.

 

The End. 369 Words.