Happy Birthday - November 6th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

Kris looked out to the backyard of the beautiful suburban home with a smile on his face. His birthday celebration with family and close friends ended up being a barbecue party, and seeing all the children playing around the house – and the adults joining them occasionally – made him really cheerful.

It felt nice to think that his birthday was causing that much happiness to everyone around. Just sitting there on the porch, talking to his friends, his cousins, and whoever else was that, was incredibly enjoyable, and he really knew the value of it now, after working so hard for so long. It was like the best day off he could have had.

“Uncle, uncle!”

His friend’s daughter called out, running over to him. Her pretty little pink dress was already dirty with grass and dirt, and her shoes were off some mysterious place, leaving her little bare feet almost a shade of black from all the dirt it picked up.

“Yes?”

He opened his arms to her, not minding one single bit that she was messy. She walked into the range of his arms, with her hands behind her back, swaying a little, being coy instead of just going ahead and giving him a hug.

“Happy birthday.”

She said, and showed her hand. She was holding a simple wild flower that probably grew somewhere in the backyard. She gave it to Kris, who was now smiling from ear to ear. He took the flower and pulled her in for a tight hug.

As he held onto her, everyone around started letting out cute noises, all adoring the lovely moment that just happened.

“Thank you very much.”

Kris said, kissing the top of her head and then releasing her. She gave him a sweet smile before running back to the other kids.

It was this sort of things that really made him crave a family of his own. How sweet would it be if he had a daughter to look over and love unconditionally. He felt ready to start looking for someone to settle down with, someone who had the same family goals as him.

 

The End. 355 Words.