The Best Friends Club - December 9th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

High School AU. Sequel to chapter 191 ‘Confess’.

 

Tao and Sehun stood in front of the door that leaded to their school’s rooftop. Both were incredibly nervous, and Sehun had a valid reason to, since outside of that door was the girl he liked. Tao on the other hand, was just absorbing Sehun’s nervousness.

“Go.”

Tao whispered, and tapped Sehun on the back. He didn’t quite expect the boy to just say ‘okay’ and actually go, but he was a bit surprised when Sehun grabbed onto his arm.

“Oh god, I’m going crazy! Why did you make me do this?? I’m not ready for this, oh my god!”

Sehun screamed in his whispers, really using a lot of force to hold onto his best friend’s arm. He did look like he was going crazy, but Tao had already expected that much.

“Relax. Breath.”

Tao turned to Sehun and held his shoulders, making the boy breath until he looked calmer.

“It’s going to be okay. You can do this. You’re the bravest kid I know; you’re the kid who jumped off the 3rd tree branch onto the floor, even when no other kid would dare to.”

Tao said, remembering their childhood with a smile.

“Yeah, but I ended up with a broken arm.”

Sehun argued. His brain was in escape mode, and he was trying to do everything to avoid going through that door.

“Yeah, but you did it. And the next year you did again, because you really wanted to show everyone that you were fearless. And now it’s time to be that fearless again, and go in there.”

Tao continued to smile, trying to see if the confidence he felt in Sehun could translate onto his words and make the boy feel stronger.

Somehow, it seemed to work, as Sehun took one more deep breath and looked at the door.

“Okay, I’m going. But you can’t stay out here, okay? I don’t want her to come out and see you just waiting here, that’s weird.”

Sehun almost started to panic again when he thought about that last comment, but Tao immediately nodded to assure him.

“Don’t worry, as soon as you’re in, I’m gone.”

Tao said, and tapped Sehun’s back one more time. Not more words were needed, and as Tao hid away from the door’s line of sight, Sehun opened it and went in, looking like that fearless kid once again. He closed the door behind him, and Tao was left alone.

It was now time for his to sigh, and control his breathing. He was nervous for Sehun, but he knew what the outcome would be. He knew that the girl liked Sehun too, it was obvious. The two were a perfect match, and after that day, they would be a couple.

Tao felt a little sad, not because Sehun was going to get a girlfriend, but because their little club of two would be ending. It wasn’t going to be just him and Sehun anymore. But his sadness didn’t last, and a smile spread on his face; it was also about time that they had a girl around them, to give them a different view of the world. Plus, Tao knew her well, they were friends too, and she was a cool girl. Maybe his sadness wasn’t justified, because their little club wouldn’t really be ending, it would just be gaining a new member.

He gave one last look at the door, and with a proud smile, he started to make his way down the steps, looking forward to going to Sehun’s house later that day to hear all about that moment.

 

The End. 598 Words.