Daddy Hormones - September 13th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

(LATE)

AU.

 

Chanyeol was two months away from having a baby in his house. His wife was a bit over 7 months pregnant, and her belly had grown exponentially bigger than he ever thought it would.

At the begging of that journey, a lot of people kept telling him these horror tales about pregnant women; things like mood swings, food cravings, crazy thoughts, and other weird things. But his wife didn’t go through those. She was a very calm pregnant woman, who didn’t seem much different from when she wasn’t carrying his child. Apparently the hormones didn’t really get to her that bad.

But they got to him though.

It was almost as if to balance it out. While she was all calm and serene, he was the one flipping out, having crazy mood swings and insecurities.

He didn’t think he’d be a good father.

“I’m 100% sure.”

His wife said as she held onto his hand, pulling him close to the couch she was sitting on. He had been pacing around in the living room for a while already, and holding onto him was the only way she found of making him stop.

“You’re going to be a great father! You’re already amazing with other people kids, why would it be different with your own? You’ll only be better with your own child.”

She said, looking straight at him, noticing that her words didn’t calm him like she meant them too. He still looked frightened, and it seemed to get worse as he started talking.

“That’s what’s scary! My own child! I can’t just play with him as a please, I have to educate him too! And make sure he doesn’t get hurt and stuff!”

Chanyeol’s voice when as high pitch as it could, which for most people was still pretty low, since his deep voice didn’t allow him to go that high.

“You’re not going to have to do that alone. We’ll do it together. And we’ll have the help of our parents too! My mom already gave me a lot of tips, I’m sure we’ll do well.”

His wife said, tugging on his hand so he would sit down with her, since he looked like he was about to break free from her hold and start pacing again.

“Really?”

He asked in a small voice, sitting down as she wished him too.

“Really.”

She answered in a soft and reassuring tone, giving him peace.

Looking at her, seeing the way she talked to him, Chanyeol knew it. She was going to be an amazing mom. Even if he ended up screwing up, he knew their kid would still be really lucking, because they’d have her as a mother.

“I believe you.”

He started, and leaned forward to hug her.

“You better not be lying.”

He slightly whined, and he held her really tightly, almost getting her out of breath.

“Honey, don’t squish the baby.”

She said in a restrained voice, and he pulled away, his eyes wide open in surprise.

“I’M SORRY!”

He screamed, putting his hands on her belly as if to check it was okay. She laughed at him, putting her hands over his.

“We’ll do really well, I have no doubt.”

 

The End. 525 Words.