Which Gate? - November 15th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Luhan stared at the gate with a frown. The people around him at the airport were all moving around, but he just stood still, feeling confused. He looked back at the monitor with the flights information, trying to make a choice.

He was there to pick up his girlfriend, and apparently her plane had already landed, but he had no idea which gate she was supposed to come through anymore. He was initially told that it would be gate A – the one which he stood in front of right now – but the monitor said it was gate G, which was all the way on the other side of the airport.

He felt conflicted, but the longer he waited, the more he felt he was at the wrong one. There were no people coming out of that gate, nothing that could indicate that a plane had just landed, so he decided to gamble and go to the other one.

And so he made his way to the other side of the airport, almost running so he wouldn’t leave his girlfriend waiting.

At gate G, the surroundings were even quieter that at gate A, and that made him nervous. No one was coming out of that gate either.

He knew his girlfriend had luggage to take, so she wouldn’t be the first one out, but he knew he should already be seeing some of those people that just take carry-ons, but there was nothing.

He saw a worker standing around, and he decided to ask.

“Oh, the monitors are wrong. Gate G is closed for repairs; that flight will be going through gate A.”

With that information, which was the same as he originally thought, he had to hurry his way back. His only trouble was the size of the airport. He was scurrying his way over, but it still took his a long time to go back to his original spot.

Once there, he saw that there was a more crowded environment around the gate now. People greeting people, other coming out of the gate and going away. He started to look around, worried that his girlfriend had already come out.

“Luhan.”

He heard her voice call and turned right away.

“Oh, thank god! I found you!”

He exclaimed, giving her a tight hug.

“I came out and you weren’t here, I thought you had forgotten me.”

She joked, handing his the heavy cart of luggage she was carrying. On the way to the car, he went along telling her about his confusion, but it didn’t seem to matter much after all, since they found each other.

 

The End. 436 Words.