Krystal - November 20th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

High School AU. Drabble for week eight of the competition. Originally with Krystal and OC.

Prompt: “Your name is stuck on my lips” from an OST for K-drama ‘High Society’. Exactly 350 words.

 

“Krystal? Can I have this dance?”

Jongin called her out, a smile resting on his face as he reached his hand out, so he could take her to the dance floor.

A very romantic slow song was playing, and there was a glint of happiness in Krystal’s eyes. She had been waiting for that moment for too long. Ignoring her giggling friends, she got up from her chair and took his hand, smiling back at his handsome face.

The two had flirted back and forth for weeks, and Krystal hoped that when the school dance came, they would finally be together. As they danced, stepping together to the music, she felt like nothing could be better than that.

“You know,”

She started talking, making him lean his head closer to hear her over the music.

“I really like it when you say my name.”

She felt her cheeks flush red, and hoped that the make-up she was wearing would cover that. It was a bold line to say, but she wanted to share how she felt at that moment.

“Oh really, Krystal? What a nice thing to say, Krystal.”

As he , trying to call her name as much as he could, she couldn’t help but giggle, as every time he did, she felt small butterflies fly up her stomach.

“Guess what?”

Jongin then said, slowing down their steps until they were only swaying gently. He leaned in incredibly close – causing both of their hearts to beat fast – and touched his forehead to hers.

“I really like saying your name too. I feel like it’s stuck to my lips sometimes.”

He smiled.

She was on cloud nine, and decided to push away any shyness she was feeling, as a bold phrase crossed her mind, and she didn’t hesitate to say it out loud.

“Well, that’s great. But I guess we got to make sure it’s really going to stay there, don’t you think?”

She said, leaning closer – if that was even possible – and then she could see his smile one last time, before finally connecting their already close lips.

 

The End. 350 Words.