047

Another Heartbreaker

 

 

Nayoung exhaled as she picked up her backpack, she had no idea how she managed to finish all her classes, but somehow, she did it.

She even aced a quiz.

How did that happen?

Last night, she could not focus on studying.

Mark confused her, like he always had.

Why was he not mad? Does he already know why she left him?

Did Minho tell him?

She was chewing on the inside of her cheek as she climbed down the steps.

“Babe?”

She looked up, JB was grinning at her.

“Jaebummie.” She mused before running to him with a smile.

“Have you been well?” He asked before pulling her to him.

“I have an exam in a few days, but I’ll live.”

“I thought you already had duties at the hospital or something?” He asked as he walked with her.

“I do, but we have tests from time to time.”

“Are..you free?” He asked her, Nayoung paused.

Jaebum tugged on her arm.

“Tell me, does he know?” She asked softly.

Jaebum exhaled and glanced at her.

“A month after you left, I told him you were moving here to study, he didn’t react. He was just so cold back then, he rarely spoke or laughed.”

Nayoung winced and nodded.

“But, I don’t know what happened, but one time, Lee Minho sunbae sought him out.”

Nayoung stopped and glanced at him.

“I think they talked, but he got better. He never really talked about you or wanted to mention you, he just….worked.”

“I don’t understand, why does he not hate me?”

JB smiled at him.

“He loves you, Na. Why would he?”

Nayoung looked away.

“Maybe he tried to hate you, maybe he wanted to, but he failed, Na. I think it’s time you two talk.”

 

 

Mark stepped in his room, his friends were downstairs, chatting with his family.

He walked to the window and sat down.

“…Sunbae, good evening.” Mark was stunned when he found Lee Minho standing outside their dormitory.

“I know we didn’t start on right terms, but I want to speak with you.”

Mark could only nod, feeling a little numb, it had been four months since Nayoung left. And standing in front of him was the man she left him for, he should be mad but he could not bring himself to say anything.

“You know she’s not here, right?”

“I heard.” Mark replied, Minho’s lips quirked up.

“Did she say she just used you to get back at me?” He queried, Mark paused.

“Well, it’s wrong. Nayoung left because she was scared.”

“I..dont understand~”

“She thinks she doesn’t deserve you, Mark. She thinks that if people find out, if you continue to be with her, it would just destroy you and all the hard work you’ve done.”

Mark’s brows furrowed.

“I tried to talk her out of it, but..she was determined to do that, to make you hate her so you can let go.” Minho shook his head.

“All I’m saying is that, please understand her. She loves you.”

He stood up and grabbed his car keys and wordlessly left the house.

 

 

Nayoung ran her fingers through her hair.

“Oppa, I only have six months left, just let me finish.” She groaned through the phone, she was dressed in short terry shorts and loose muscle top as she padded around her unit.

“But abeoji wants you to be here for the event.”

She sighed, she already knew about her father’s plan for retirement and her brother’s reassignment.

“Oppa, how about we make a deal?” She asked, her brother grunted from the other line.

“Fine.”

Her lips quirked up, before she could speak she heard her doorbell go crazy.

 Nayoung padded through the door and sighed.

Jenny, this does not mean I’m not mad at you.” She said as she opened the door for her, then she paused.

Mark was standing beside her friend.

I know, so, here you go. Special delivery!” She said with a grin before making a run for the elevator.

Nayoung exhaled and looked at Mark.

“What is it? Are you checking your sasaeng fans have killed me already?” She asked lightly, she saw Mark frown.

I know what you’re trying to do.” He pointed out as he sidestepped her and slipped in the unit, Nayoung winced and followed him and closed the door.

At least I tried.” She muttered, Mark’s lips quirked up.

Why aren’t you~

Angry? I am, but I want to talk to you, Na.

She pursed her lips, Mark sighed before closing the distance between them and wrapping his arms around her.

I missed you.” He murmured softly. Nayoung could not help but let her tears fall.

“I know Mark, I miss you too, but right now~”

“You don’t want to come to Korea?” He asked.

I….want to come to you, but..” Her brows met briefly, Mark let her go.

I….need to finish schooling here, it’s a goal of mine. And, I don’t know if you..I can’t let you wait again, I’ve done~

Who said I wont?” He asked, Nayoung shook her head.

But there’s one thing I can promise you despite of all the crap I let you deal with,” Nayoung took his hand.

Give me six months, and I’ll be there.” She said, Mark smiled and brushed her tears away.

Mark nodded and pressed his lips against hers.

So you better not flirt with other idols while I’m away.” She murmured against his lips, Mark chuckled.

Nayoung just wrapped her arms around his neck.

I’m sorry, I really am.

It’s all good now, you came back to me.” He murmured and just hugged her.

But, I need to speak with Jackson.

“Is this about the baggy jeans~”

No, how could he be in a scandal with that Hani girl? She wanted to sleep with him!” She pulled back, Mark grinned.

That girl sports a camel toe in public! I saw her photos.

That was three years ago, young miss.” Mark chuckled, he just pushed Nayoung to her room.

“But still, how could she touch Mandoo.” She grumbled.

Go get dressed, In n Out is waiting.

Nayoung just smiled and faced him.

 

 

Oppa was right, I was stupid.” She grinned before walking to her room.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++