041

Another Heartbreaker

 

Nayoung ran out of the house, she ignored the rain as she stepped out. She could feel her tears fall against her wet cheeks.

She started to sob and slowed down.

“I’m not really good with this, but I flew here because I wanted to explain and I was worried I hurt you again.”

“I’m sorry, I should have let you talk.”

“Sure, that would have been better. Ouch, if my side wasn’t killing me, I’d kiss you right now, but…, Mark, I need to sit down somewhere.”

Nayoung bit her lip to stop herself from crying, she looked up at the dark sky, ignoring the rain soaking her.

I deserve a slap.”

 “You kind of do.” She replied flatly, Mark exhaled, he took her hand and noticed the silver Tiffany & Co. bracelet he had given her.

“I…That shoot was originally for Got7, but she wanted it. I realized how unfair it was, so, I called my mom, Mark. I already got over Minho and her a long time ago.”

Mark just grew quiet, he just wrapped his arms around her hips.

“But damn, Suzy got it wrong, does this mean we lack in the skinship department, Markiepooh?” She mused softly, Mark just sighed and buried his nose in her hair.

He was always there for her, a quiet and supportive friend. He was the one who helped her adjust to her new life, she loved him too.

And yet she hurt him.

Nayoung exhaled.

“I love you too, Mark.”

 

 

Jinyoung was woken up by the doorbell, he rolled out of the bed and walked to the front door, then he halted.

“..Movers?” He mumbled, he walked back to the living room in search for Jaebum, but he almost tripped on something round and hollow.

A beer can.

He rubbed his eyes and looked around the mess in the living room, there were tons of empty cans lying on the floor, and Mark was passed out on the couch. His brows furrowed in confusion.

“What’s that?” Jackson stepped out from his room, Jaebum had appeared and stepped down from the stairs. He opened the front door.

“Good morning, we’re here for Miss Kim Nayoung’s things.”

 

 

The boys watched as the movers loaded Nayoung’s things inside their truck, Yugyeom and Youngjae were both quiet, clearly confused and shocked, Bam Bam was trying to get an explanation by calling the girl, but she wasn’t picking up.

Mark was still sleeping in the living room and the boys didn’t know what to tell him.

“Has she gone crazy?” Jackson mumbled, but he sounded hurt.

 

 

Soohyun looked up as his sister joined him in his home office.

“Are you sure about this, munchkin?”

She nodded, he noticed the bags under her eyes and her paleness.

“I know you want to be a doctor, but here in Seoul, we have the best~”

“I want to be like you and appa, I need to go there too.”

Soohyun exhaled, he knew what his sister was thinking.

She wanted to study in UCLA, she wanted Mark too, but she was afraid. She was terrified of the fact the she might let go of him or he might let go of her while she was away. And it was all too much for her, she didn’t want Mark to suffer, so she made a reason for him to hate her and let her go. She grew paranoid when fans started to sneak in the dorm and wreck her things, then they started harassing her, it was then when she realized that, she wasn’t strong enough to date Mark.

 

 

It was two days since Nayoung had completely disappeared from the house, just yesterday, the boys were introduced to their new stylist, Nayoung had left some notes for the newbie about the boys, but Mark refused to read them as they were distributed.

“I know you read those papers, but please, don’t tell him.” Jaebum said, Jackson’s brows furrowed.

“Are~”

“Let them settle things on their own. Nayoung…she’s too scared to be with Mark, but look at it this way, she must love him so much to make him hate her.”

Jackson sighed.

“She’d rather suffer his hatred than tell Mark that she can’t date him because he’s an idol.” JB explained.

“So..he will never know she’s leaving the country?”

“We…can tell him later.”

 

 

The boys were inside the dorm; exhausted from all the dancing they’ve been doing last night. They were having breakfast when they heard the front door open.

“Hi, boys.”

Nayoung was standing by the doorway with a hesitant look on her face.

They all glanced at Mark.

“I just came by to get Russo and….say goodbye.”

They all knew that Nayoung had resigned but did not understand her reasons.

 

Jinyoung was the first one to walk to her with open arms.

“Thank you for being with us, Nayoung.”

She smiled and hugged him back.

“Thank you for being patient with me, eomma.”

He chuckled softly before pulling away, before she could react Yugyeom had caught her in a tight hug, he didn’t say anything as he did.

“Aigoo, my baby tower.” Nayoung mused, Yugyeom just pulled back and went in his room, she chuckled. Youngjae and Bam Bam came next, Youngjae had simply hugged her and squeezed her hand as he wished her well, while Bam Bam sobbed and clung onto her neck.

Nayoung just smiled and kissed the boy’s cheek.

“I know, I’ll miss you too, Bam.”

Jackson was the one who pulled him away, he stood before Nayoung with an unfathomable look on his face.

“When you first stepped in our front door, we didn’t know you would mean so much to us.” Jackson started, Nayoung nodded.

Now, I’m sad to see you leave, but always remember that we love you and I can wear my baggy jeans now that you’re leaving.

Nayoung could not help but smile as tears pooled in her eyes, Jackson hugged her tightly.

I’ll miss you, Na.

I’ll miss you too, Jackson.

Jaebum picked up Russo’s leash and offered his arm to her.

“I’ll walk you out, come.”

 

 

They stopped in front of the gate, Nayoung let go Jaebum. She exhaled and glanced around her, her eyes landed on Coco, drinking water from her bowl.

Jaebum looked at her.

“I told him you wanted to bid goodbye, he didn’t come out of his room.”

“It’s okay.” She faced him, Jaebum smiled and just kissed her forehead.

“Take care of yourself and don’t skip meals.” He said to her.

“Thanks for being my best friend here, Jaebum. Thanks for putting up with me when thing got a little too much for me handle.” She said, JB nodded.

Nayoung just hugged him before taking Russo’s leash away from him.

“I’ll miss you, babe.” JB said to her as she stepped out of the gates, Nayoung just nodded and smiled at him as she turned away

She heard the gate close behind her, she glanced at the house and let her tears fall.

 

I’ll miss you, Mark Tuan.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

If you guys are looking for someone to blame for these sad/angsty fics, it would be DAY6. I got way too inspired because of their songs!