044

Another Heartbreaker

Nayoung stepped in Exo’s waiting room.

“Oh, it’s our favorite doctor!” Kai greeted her.

“I’m not a doctor yet, Kai.” She mused as she gave him a high five.

“It’s been a long time, Nayoung.” Suho gave her a warm smile and handed her a cup of coffee.

“How are things, oppa?” She faced Lay.

“Things are well, sometimes we get too tired but it’s fun.” Lay grinned at her.

“Nayoungie!” Baekhyun hollered before approaching her with a big hug.

“Bacon.” She chuckled and hugged him back.

“Ya, why are you so slim?” Baekhyun chided, she shook her head.

“I’ve been busy, oppa.”

“He’s right, you’re way too thin.” Xiumin made a face.

“Well, oppa, you’ve gotten way too buff.” She pointed out, the older male just chuckled.

 

The concert started Nayoung was surprised to see a lot of new artists perform, it has been a while since she’s been to Korea and she wasn’t updated at all.

She smiled as Exo appeared on the stage and the fans went wild, they performed a medley of their songs and she nodded along.

Then their set ended, Nayoung was about to step away when she saw a somehow familiar logo flash on the stage, and she halted.

It was as if someone had dropped a very large rock on her gut.

“Got7! Got7! Got7!” The crowd cheered.

“Don’t worry, Got7’s not here, they have that concert at the next town.”

“That lying giant.” Nayoung muttered darkly, she looked up as the seven males started to perform, the crowd went wild again. Her lips quirked up as she noticed how the three youngest had matured nicely, Bam Bam gained lean weight and Youngjae looked more masculine. Yugyeom just got taller and broader.

Then her eyes went to Mark, she felt her chest tighten. He still looked the same, it was obvious he’d been working out a lot, but somehow he felt familiar to her. His presence was familiar, it was still Mark.

She bit her lip and started to wade away from the crowd.

 

Nayoung ran out of the stadium, by the time she reached the empty parking lot she was already panting.

She pushed her hair away from her face.

“So, you thought it was okay for you to see him?”

She looked up, it was Jenny, she was also Korean and taking up medicine.

“I didn’t know they were here too.” She replied evenly, Jenny grinned at her.

“You told me you already forgot about him.” She said softly, Nayoung looked away.

“Like I told you, I understand your reason for…leaving him like that, but…look at it now, it did do good for any of you.”

Jenny, don’t~

Listen to me, Nayoung, this is your chance, they’re here. He’s here~

You don’t understand!” Nayoung snapped.

Fine, I admit it. Not once did I forget him, I don’t even know if I tried or tried hard enough. But okay, I’m a ing failure in this department, Jen. I still love him, but I’ve hurt him enough. I..cant face him.” Nayoung exhaled, her cheeks flushed, just then they both heard the steel doors open.

Jenny looked up and paused, Nayoung turned and halted.

 

Seven pairs of familiar eyes were staring straight back at her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++