.:7:. Second : Blush

Have You Ever
♫ Yoon Hari ♫
 
I put down my pen and sigh heavily. I crosses my arms together and put it on the table, resting my chin on them as I close my eyes slowly.
 
Three days have passed since the last time I had a conversation with Sunhyun. We're preparing dinner together when the silly thought crossed my mind.
 
Her answer when I asked her whether she would accept Gikwang or not if Gikwang liked her. Her reaction when she thought that I had a crush on Gikwang. Her question about me being serious or not.
 
I can't get them out of my mind. It's not that I don't believe Sunhyun. She is my best friend and I'm sure that she doesn't lie to me.
 
But I can't help myself to think about the possibility that she is hiding the truth. Just like what I'm doing. I even announced to the fans on our official website that none of us has a special relationship with someone else, including me and Gikwang.
 
What if Sunhyun is hiding her feeling towards Gikwang? What if Sunhyun doesn't want to tell me the truth because she feels the same with me? What if...
 
Ah, I'm exaggerating everything again.
 
I grab my phone and tweet,
 
"One answer can be everything."
 
I scroll down to read my timeline. I don't follow too many people since I only use Twitter as a media for promoting Musique but I do have many followers, not as many as Gikwang and Sunhyun though.
 
I find that Gikwang and Sunhyun are replying each other within the last fifteen minutes. Sunhyun tweeted that she was doing nothing at library and Gikwang replied that Sunhyun must be waiting for him.
 
"I know you miss me so you wait for me there. I miss you too. Don't worry. Kekeke."
 
That is his last tweet to Sunhyun.
 
I know it's only another flirting joke but my heart starts to ache because of the tweet. How can I feel jealous easily nowadays? I was succeed in hiding my feeling for the past six months and now I can barely hide my jealousy.
 
Gikwang makes my heart attaches to him. Even when he doesn't intend to do that.
 
"Hari!" the door swings open in a flash. Gikwang shouts my name with loud voice, making me to jump a little because of the sudden surprise.
 
He closes his door quickly and puts a letter in front of me. It's a invitation letter with gray envelope.
 
"We need to attend that party. At least you need to accompany me!" he grins to me, giving me a sign to read the letter.
 
I frown and reach out to read the letter. It's an invitation letter addressed to Gikwang. The sender is Jo Kwon, a President of Student Committee from another university. There is a party for musicians which will be held next Sunday.
 
"The party will be attended by young musicians of universities in South Korea. I met Jo Kwon around three months ago and he sent this invitation letter personally to Musique," Gikwang explains briefly. He drags a chair to sit next to me. "So we must attend this party!"
 
"Well, you can go as our representative," I put back the letter in the envelope. "You are the best when it comes to public relation."
 
"Oh, no, Yoon Hari. You must go with me," he takes the letter and shows me the little note at the bottom line of the letter. "I can't go without you."
 
My eyes widen when I read the line.
 
"You are allowed to be the guest of the party if you bring your partner."
 
"What kind of term is this?!" I blurt out, grabbing the letter from Gikwang. Somehow I hope that my eyes deceived me. "This is ridiculous!"
 
"Jo Kwon is really unique. He likes party and he likes to enjoy anything as much as possible," Gikwang shrugs and leans to the back of the chair. "Last month he held a masquerade party at the town square."
 
"Ah, the one that reported by the news?" I remember it vividly because the news was really interesting. The university news club also covered the event last month.
 
"Yes," Gikwang grins like a little kid. "Without you, I can't attend the party."
 
My heart starts to flutter because of his words. Aigoo... why is he really good with words?
 
"You can go with Sunhyun," I look away, hoping that he won't notice my blushed cheeks.
 
"Sunhyun must meet her mother next Sunday so she can't go for the party," he pouts. "It's such a pity."
 
There, my heart aches again.
 
So he has asked Sunhyun. Because she can't attend the party, Gikwang asks me now.
 
I'm his second choice. I will always become the second choice for Gikwang after Sunhyun.
 
 
♫ Lee Gikwang ♫
 
I know that I must attend the party. Jo Kwon is the President of Student Committee of an Art University in South Korea and he has a big influence for young musicians like Musique.
 
Even though he is quite unique in various ways, he is a good friend of mine who shares the same interests of music with me. He has an amazing voice for sure.
 
I wanted three of us to attend the party but Sunhyun told me that she can't attend it because of a family matter. Sunhyun was with me when I received the letter this morning and she told me to make sure that Hari will go with me.
 
When I wanted to call her, Sunhyun insisted that I must talk in person with her. She didn't give me any reason but I agreed with her since I must persuade Hari; she doesn't like to attend a public party.
 
"Come on, Hari," I grab her hand and embrace it gently. I grin widely to her. "Please."
 
"Y-Yah, you don't need to beg me," she quickly pulls her hand away from me, obviously blushing. She coughs nervously and takes a glance at me. "I'll go with you."
 
My lips turn into a curve and I pull her into a friendly hug, "Thank you, Hari! Thank you! You're the best!"
 
"It's for Musique. Don't think of it the other way," she murmurs, placing her palms on my chest as if she is trying to push me away yet she doesn't put any power on them.
 
"I know, I know," I release her from the hug and ruffle her long hair, making her to blush even more. "I can't wait until the party! You must dress really pretty for me!"
 
"You wish...," Hari avoids my eyes but I can catch the sarcasm tone in her words as usual. She looks cute and funny at the same time.
 
"It's a date then," I pinch her left cheek, grinning with excitement. "We will steal the spotlight at the party!"
 
Suddenly she stands in a flash. She steps backwards and it causes her to trip over because of another chair behind her.
 
"Hari!" I quickly catch her wrist and pull her to prevent her from hitting the ground. She bumps onto my chest; at least she is alright. "Be careful, Hari."
 
As I look to see her face, she looks up and our eyes meet. I realize that our faces are only inches away now.
 
When I feel she clutches my shirt slightly but sure, I tuck her long hair behind her ear, trailing it and feeling the soft hair. I lean closer to her, breathing right next to her ear.
 
I can inhale her sweet scent, the scent I always love to feel. It makes me feel safe and comfortable. That's why I love to with kissing her hair.
 
She clutches my shirt harder now and I realize my heart is beating really fast now. Even though I have hugged her numerous times before, this is the first time I feel this nervous when I'm with her.
 
My lips touch her cheek at the slightest point while my right hand touches her neck, sending the chillness, making her to flinch a little.
 
My left hand embraces her right hand which is clutching my shirt tight, but it just makes her hand to grab my shirt even tighter. I embrace her hand gently as if I want to tell her that I'm not going to harm her.
 
When I am going to tilt my head, pressing my lips on her cheek, the ringtone of my phone distracts my attention.
 
I quickly pull back and bites my bottom lip. I look at the phone screen and find my classmate as the caller. I answer the phone, telling him that I will meet him at the yard in ten minutes.
 
After I end the conversation, I take a glance at Hari. She is looking at the floor, covering with her hand. Her face is burning red and I know my cheeks are blushing for sure.
 
"I-I'm going-" I want to excuse myself but Hari quickly grabs her bag, not bothering to take all of her stuff on the table and rush out from the room with only a quick single word.
 
"Sorry."
 
She closes the door behind her, leaving me alone and dumb founded. She must feel really awkward now.
 
"Lee Gikwang, what have you done?" I mess my own hair. I touch my lips with my thumb; I can still feel the lingering feeling of her warm cheek somehow.
 
I can't believe that I almost kissed her cheek. What has gotten into me?
 
Hari made my heart to beat rapidly when she clutched my shirt. Her sweet scent made me to lose my mind for a moment.
 
And why didn't she pull away from me like what she always did when I ? It's usual for me to by leaning really close to her but it's unusual for her to stay still, letting me to do whatever I want.
 
Why am I blushing now?
 
I never blushed because of a girl before, except Yuseon when we went for our first date. When she gave me a kiss, my first kiss. I am a thick faced person so I rarely blush or embarassed by something.
 
But Hari, my best friend, my groupmate, just made me lost my senses.