.:23:. Distrust : Couple

Have You Ever
♫ Lee Gikwang ♫
 
I take a deep breath, closing my eyes as I lean my back against the wall. Yoseob is sitting on the chair across from me with Sunhyun.
 
None of us opens up a conversation. We are waiting for the doctor to tell us the result of his examination. Yoseob immediately asked the doctor to check Hari because he felt that something is definitely wrong about her.
 
He told me and Sunhyun that Hari thought I was the one who pushed her down from the hill. I was really surprised when I heard it; what made her to think like that?
 
She was really conscious when she stepped back by herself until she lost her balance. Yoseob and Sunhyun were right in front of her as well when it happened. Is that why she acted really weird around me ever since we found her?
 
"Why did you kiss her?" Yoseob finally breaks the silence between us. He looks at me with serious expression. "You rejected her before, didn't you?"
 
I clench my fists as the guilty feeling strikes me. Should I tell him when I know that he also loves Hari?
 
"Yoseob," I clear my throat awkwardly. I look at him back, "Do you love Hari?"
 
I know he is taken aback by my question. He frowns and fakes a cough, "I'm the one who is asking a question here, Lee Gikwang. You haven't answered my question."
 
"I know you love her," I blurt out, trying to divert the conversation. I look at Sunhyun and she gives me a deadly glare, a sign for me to stop but I ignore her. "Since when did you start to love her?"
 
No one knows that both of me and Hari love each other except myself. Hari thinks it's only one-sided love and Sunhyun only knows that it's me who loves Hari. Now that the situation has turned out this way, I'm not sure about what I'm doing anymore.
 
Should I tell Hari about my feeling? Should I support Yoseob? Why is this so complicated that I don't know which one to choose?
 
Yoseob suddenly stands up and grabs my collar, "I asked you, Gikwang! Why did you kiss Hari?! You know she loves you!"
 
I scoff sarcastically. So Yoseob knows that Hari loves me... but he doesn't know that I also love her. Aish, this is getting more complicated.
 
"Stop it!" Sunhyun tries to separate us. She pulls Yoseob away from me. "We're in hospital!"
 
Yoseob looks away from me and sits back on his seat. He clenches his fists and looks at the floor, murmuring things that I can't hear. I know he must be really angry at me right now.
 
"Are you waiting for Miss Yoon Hari?" a nurse who accompanied the doctor who examines Hari steps out from the ward. She smiles at us, "We have finished asking her questions. The doctor wants to meet you in his office."
 
I exchange looks with Yoseob and Sunhyun. Three of us walk to the doctor's office after he walked out from Hari's ward. We take our seats before the doctor starts to talk.
 
"I asked some questions to Miss Yoon just now and I can assume that she suffers memory distrust syndrome," the doctor intertwines his fingers together. "I believe this is caused because of her head injury."
 
"What do you mean with memory distrust syndrome?" I ask calmly. "Do you mean amnesia?"
 
"No, not really," he shakes his head slowly and tries to explain to us. "Memory distrust syndrome makes the patient to distrust their own memories. She is motivated to rely on external sources to verify the accuracy of memories."
 
"She can recall certain information but she doesn't have an idea where or how it was obtained," he continues because we don't say anything. "For example, she knows that she was attending a musician camp but she doesn't remember with who she came for the camp."
 
I frown and my mind starts to work really hard. While we keep silence, the doctor continues again, "Another example is she knows all of your names, Lee Gikwang, Cho Sunhyun, and Yang Yoseob. But she doesn't remember how she met you."
 
"Is this permanent?" Yoseob asks the question to the doctor. "Will she have her memories back in time?"
 
"Maybe," the doctor answers with sad smile. "There is no guarantee of it. It depends on Miss Yoon herself. The most effective way for her to gain back her memories is to help her remember things slowly."
 
"The thing is you need to take care of Miss Yoon since her memories are really vulnerable right now. She doesn't know who or what to believe in and she can only believe in what she hear and see," the doctor explains briefly. "I hope you three can help her until she gets used with her current condition."
 
"Her wound is not really serious," the nurse adds in. "She can leave the hospital by tomorrow. Is there any of you who wants to pay a visit for her before she goes to sleep?"
 
"Me," both of me and Yoseob raise our hands in unison. I look at him and he stares at me. We immediately look away, receiving a frown from Sunhyun.
 
"Well, I guess three of you can talk with Miss Yoon for a while," the nurse chuckles and opens the door for us. "Please come for her tomorrow around eight to pick her up."
 
"At least she remembers us," Sunhyun tries to lift up the atmosphere as we walk back to Hari's ward. "And she can return tomorrow morning! Isn't it good?"
 
"Hmm," that's all my reaction is.
 
Does it mean she forget about the fact that I love her?
 
Does it mean she forget that she loves me?
 
 
♫ Yang Yoseob ♫
 
Hari shifts her gaze to us when we walk in her ward. She gives me a small smile and it quickly disappears when she sees Gikwang.
 
"Hari," Sunhyung sits on the side of her bed and looks at her. "We're going to pick you tomorrow morning. You need to stay here for a night."
 
"Don't worry," Hari answers with hoarse voice. Her voice is better now but I think it's still painful for her. "Are we going to continue the camp again?"
 
"We're going back," I tell her calmly. "You need to take a good rest, Hari. Don't move too much, okay?"
 
She nods and then tilts her head, focusing her eyes on me and clears , "Can I ask a question, Yoseob?"
 
My heart skips a beat. Is she going to ask something about her blurry memories? What will I say if she asks about the reason she doesn't remember a lot of things?
 
"A-Are we...," Hari stops for seconds. I notice that she is blushing. "Are we only groupmates?"
 
While I widen my eyes upon the question, Hari cups her cheeks with her hands, obviously blushing because of her own question, "Aigoo... I'm sorry. But I'm not sure too. Aigoo..."
 
"W-Why did you ask it, Hari ah?" Sunhyun clears nervously. "Of course we are groupmates. We are Renaitre, remember?"
 
"Yes, I remember. It's just...," Hari looks at me, fanning her hot cheeks with her hands and clears again. "I don't know why but my heart beats really fast when I remember you, Yoseob."
 
I can feel the butterflies are dancing inside of my stomach because of her statement. As if it's not enough, she continues again, "Besides I remember you gave me the whistle. You said you will come for me no matter where I am, right?"
 
My heart skips a beat.

She remembers my promise.
 
"Yes, I gave you the whistle," I walk closer to her and look at her eyes. I want to pat her head but I realize that her head is bandaged because of the wound so I stop myself from doing my favorite gesture to her. "I did find you, didn't I?"
 
"Yes," she nods and giggles. Even in this state, I still think that she is really cute. She tilts her head and smiles sweetly to me, "I feel safe when you're with me, Yoseob."
 
If I have wings, I would have fly right now. Yes, I'm exaggerating the words but it's what I'm feeling exactly right now.
 
"Hari," Gikwang interrupts my wandering mind with his fake cough. "Do you remember me? Do you remember what happened between me and you?"
 
Hari clears again, trying to say something to answer Gikwang. She gives me a confused look as if she is afraid to talk with Gikwang.
 
"I...," she frowns and rubs her temple with pain in her eyes. "I don't remember... Aigoo... It's strange."
 
"It's alright, Hari," I hold her hand gently and smile to her. "Don't force yourself. You need a good rest tonight. We'll talk again tomorrow."
 
But looks like Gikwang doesn't think the same way with me. He approaches Hari and asks another question, "What do you remember about me?"
 
"Gikwang!" I scold him but I stop when Hari gets ready to answer him with her dry throat.
 
"I remember you kissed Il Yuseon...," she murmurs vividly. "You two are lovers... right?"
 
Sunhyun covers with one of her hands. Three of us are really surprised to hear her statement. Looks like she remembers that Yuseon was Gikwang's girlfriend but she doesn't remember that they have broke up. She remembers that they kissed but doesn't remember when it happened.
 
Hari turns to me and smiles with blushed cheeks, "And we are a couple, aren't we, Yoseob?"