.:12:. Stay : Fact

Have You Ever
♫ Yang Yoseob ♫
 
I sigh heavily and rub my temple. This headache is torturing me slowly. Looks like the rain yesterdayhad a really big impact to my body. Blame me for being a gentleman and fall sick now.
 
But I must attend today's classes since it's nearing midterm exams now. After all I want to see Hari. She didn't reply my messages yesterday when I told her to take care because it's raining heavily.
 
I wonder what she is doing now. As long as I remember, Hari has classes today until 3 PM. That's why I decide to wait for her at their basecamp.
 
Ah, it's not locked. Someone is inside.
 
I push open the door and find Hari is sitting in front of the table, sorting the letters from their fans. She is listening to her iPod so she doesn't notice my presence because her back is facing me.
 
"Hari," I call her name but she doesn't hear me. She is humming along with the song, tucking her long hair behind her air.
 
That's when I realize that she is wearing an oversize black jacket. And I know it's not hers.
 
It's Gikwang's jacket.
 
Why is she wearing his jacket?
 
She finally notices my presence when she's done with the letters. She turns off her iPod and smiles at me sweetly, "Yoseob! I didn't hear you came in!"
 
I only return her smile with a fake smile. I know it's nothing big but I can't help myself from thinking about the reason why she is wearing Gikwang's favorite jacket.
 
"Yoseob ah," she tilts her head, examining my face, "you look really pale. Are you alright?"
 
"Sure," I murmur, not focusing at her. I look away, clenching my fists. My headache is worse now.
 
"Yah, don't lie," she stands up with worried tone. She reaches out her hand to touch my forehead, making me to flinch a little.
 
She gasps in surprise when she feels the heat on my forehead, "You have fever, Yoseob!"
 
"I'm alright," I step backwards but my head is spinning around, making my vision to become unfocused. How can I become this weak just because of rain?
 
"Yoseob!" Hari approaches me. She holds my shoulder, looking at me with extremely worried expression. She looks at the empty sofa, the one we usually use to sit together. "Come on."
 
She helps me walk to the sofa, letting me to lay down comfortably. I close my eyes, hoping that this pain will go away.
 
I can feel Hari touches my forehead with her hand, which felt really cold because of my fever. She my hair gently, whispering softly, "Did you walk in the rain yesterday?"
 
I only sigh heavily. It even feels difficult to answer her question. But looks like she understands because she my hair again, "Wait a minute. I'll check for medicine."
 
Out of my consciousness, I stop her, grabbing her wrist. She stops her step, looking at me who is staring at her blankly.
 
"Stay...," I manage to say the word. I don't want her to leave me alone.
 
Maybe the fever has gotten into control over me. I can't think clearly now. But I want her to stay with me.
 
She sits on the floor, holding my hand firmly. She embraces my hand with both of her hands to assure me that she is staying with me, "It's alright. I'm here with you."
 
I close my eyes again, feeling safe that she is next to me now. If it's only a dream, let me to have this sweet dream just a little bit longer.
 
Just for a while, let me forget about the fact that she is in love with Gikwang, that my love is only one-sided, that I'm only a best friend for her.
 
Maybe when I gain my focus again, I need to talk with Hari. She said that she would give up on Gikwang but that doesn't mean I must give up on her, right?
 
I still have a chance even though she doesn't want to fall in love yet. I just need to assure her that I will wait for her until she is ready.
 
But for now, my head feels really heavy that I want to sleep. With Hari holds my hand, I'm sure I will be better soon.
 
"Don't leave...," I murmur.
 
And I drift away to sleep to ease my headache.
 
 
♫ Cho Sunhyun ♫
 
I put back my books on my bag. My class just finished five minutes ago. I take a quick glance at my phone, hoping that I will receive a message.
 
But there is nothing.
 
I sigh with disappointment.
 
I sent a text message to Yoseob since yesterday. At first I thanked him for his jacket and told him to take a good rest. And then we continued our random conversation via text messages.
 
This morning I sent a text message, inviting him for a dinner together. I am planning to ask both Hari and Gikwang as well since it's been a while since we spent our dinner together.
 
"Yah, is there anything in your mind?" Gikwang taps my head lightly with his book. I turn around to look at him grinning at me. "Are you going to our basecamp?"
 
"Yes, I must take my music sheets," I put back my phone on my bag. "How about you?"
 
"I need to check my guitar," he puts his hands in his pockets. "Besides Hari is at our basecamp too."
 
"Hari?" I frown. It's unusual for him to use Hari as his reason to go to the basecamp. And I remember that they haven't talked since our last performance. "Have you talked to her?"
 
"Well," Gikwang scracthes the back of his neck with his index finger nervously, "you can say so."
 
"What is it?" I raise my eyebrow with curiosity. Being his friend for almost a year, I know he is hiding something right now. "Don't tell me you're still fighting with Hari."
 
He his lips then takes a deep breath, "Let's talk on our way to the basecamp. She is waiting."
 
Gikwang turns around and heads out from the classroom. I follow him behind and walk next to him, studying his expression carefully.
 
Actually I want to talk with him as well, to tell him about what happened yesterday between me and Yoseob. Since I have moved on from Gikwang, I guess it's not wrong to tell him about the probability of me falling in love with someone else, right?
 
Wait. Did I just say I'm falling in love?
 
My mind is messed up, isn't it?
 
"Is it alright for me to start a relationship again?" the question comes from Gikwang's mouth as we walk to our basecamp.
 
"Eh?" I look at him with disbelief look, afraid that I misheard it. Then the thought crosses my mind, making me to stop my steps in surprise. "Do you fall for Hari?"
 
He stops his pace and looks at the floor with slightly blushed cheeks. I don't need him to answer my question; it's all written on his face.
 
"Aigoo! My best friend is in love with my another best friend!" I squeal in excitement. I tiptoe to ruffle his hair, "I'm happy for you!"
 
"Yah, stop it," he ruffles my hair as his revenge with a shy smile.
 
I stop and fix my hair as I stick out my tongue to him. My happiness is sincere; I wish Hari will return his feeling since I know that Gikwang is really loyal when it comes to love.
 
"Thank you," Gikwang mutters with a smile. Not his usual arrogant smile but a calm smile. "Maybe I need to try believing in love again."
 
"Hari is a good girl," I assure him as we continue to walk again. "I'm sure you two will make a good couple. I will pray for your happiness!"
 
"I hope so," Gikwang chuckles. We arrive in front of our basecamp and he opens the door slowly.
 
"Sst!"
 
Hari puts her index finger on her lips, looking at us with serious expression. I blink in surprise, looking at her sitting on the floor while Yoseob is sleeping on the sofa.
 
And they are holding hands.
 
I turn to look at Gikwang but he doesn't say a word. He walks closer to Hari and squats down to level his head with hers. I approach them as an uneasy feeling fills my heart when I see their hands intertwine together.
 
"What happened?" Gikwang pats Hari's head gently. I notice that Hari is wearing Gikwang' favorite black jacket and I grin in silence, knowing that it's a good sign for them.
 
"He has fever and looks like I can't leave him alone. He fell asleep and I didn't dare to pull away to take my phone. It's on the table," Hari points the table, where her phone is. "I want to check the medicine for him."
 
Gikwang looks at Yoseob and he tries to release Yoseob's grip on Hari. Slowly but sure, Gikwang finally success in separating their hands. He puts Yoseob's hand on his stomach slowly, trying not to wake him up.
 
"I'm going to check at the sick bay," Hari stands up and smiles at me. "I'll be back."
 
She leaves the room and closes the door behind her, leaving three of us in silence. I grin at Gikwang as he shakes his head, knowing that I'm going to .
 
When I'm going to start teasing him, Yoseob is murmuring vividly. Both of us turn to him, trying to focus on his words.
 
"Hari..."
 
My heart skips a beat when I hear the name from his lips.
 
"Stay, Hari...," Yoseob clenches his fist as if he is hurting in his sleep. "Don't leave me..."
 
"What...," I hold my breathe, hoping that it's not real. My heart aches as Yoseob mentions Hari's name again.
 
"Hari, look at me...," Yoseob rambles slowly in his sleep. Looks like the fever makes him to hallucinate or something. Gikwang only looks at him without a word.
 
I'm sure Gikwang is feeling really awkward now. He just told me that he is falling for Hari and now, right in front of him, his best friend is calling the name of the girl he loves.
 
And I know it's not a mere misunderstanding. It's the undeniable fact.
 
Because his next word makes both of me and Gikwang to stun in shock. My heart aches but I'm sure that Gikwang's heart is hurting even more to hear it.
 
"Hari, I love you..."