.:20:. Misunderstanding : Eventually

Have You Ever
♫ Lee Gikwang ♫
 
As usual, I can't sleep when I meet a new bed. I grab my jacket and leave my cottage after telling my roommates that I will be back soon to join their discussion about our next sessions.
 
I look around to find Hari's cottage. I knock the door thrice to find a girl with short hair opens it for me.
 
"Ah! Lee Gikwang!" she squeals and blushes. "C-Can I help you?"
 
"Yes," I smile politely to her. Looks like I have a fan here. "Is Yoon Hari inside?"
 
"She just went out five minutes ago," the familiar voice answers me. The girl in front of me gives Yuseon way to walk closer to me. She has her usual confident smile on her lips.
 
How can I forget that Hari stays in the same cottage with her?
 
When she greeted us this morning before our departure, I already had a bad feeling. I know she won't do anything bad to Hari; Yuseon is not that type of bad girl.
 
But, still, I don't want to meet both Hari and Yuseon in the same time.
 
Even though I hide the fact that I love Hari back, the fact that Hari doesn't know till this moment because I don't want to hurt Yoseob as my best friend, I still don't want to break Hari's heart.
 
One thing that I know and Sunhyun doesn't know is Hari also loves me. How does it feel if you see someone you love with their ex-lover?
 
Awkward, isn't it?
 
And I don't want Hari to feel like that. I know I'm not her boyfriend... yet. But still.
 
"Thank you," I murmur and turn around to leave but Yuseon grabs my hand tight.
 
"I need to talk with you," she says, "in private."
 
With hesitation, I pull away my hand and walk away with her following me behind. I let my feet lead me away from the cottage to the nearby lake.
 
"What is it, Yuseon?" I stop when I reach the edge of the lake. "I was looking for Hari, not you."
 
"What's about her? I thought you are with Sunhyun," she smirks. "Don't tell me you're in love with Yoon Hari."
 
I sigh, trying to control myself from snapping at her. It's not that I'm mad at her but I don't want Hari to find me with Yuseon like this.
 
"What do you want, Yuseon? You can talk now so I can find Hari," I mutter with serious expression.
 
"Gikwang, I want you back," her sudden statement makes me to frown. "I know you still have a feeling for me. I can see it in your eyes."
 
It's true that sometimes I still remember the moments we had together whenever I see her. But, no, I don't love her anymore.
 
When I open my mouth to answer her, Yuseon pulls my jacket and crashes her lips on mine.
 
I quickly get my sense back and hold her shoulders to stop her, pulling her away from me. What is she thinking?!
 
The sound of bushes behind me gets my attention. I turn and see someone is running away with a guy behind her, chasing her.
 
I don't need Yuseon to tell me who they are. I know perfectly who they are.
 
"Isn't it Yoon Hari?" Yuseon tilts her head innocently. "And Yang Yoseob?"
 
"Aish!" I groan with frustration. I glare at Yuseon, "What were you thinking, Yuseon? How many times I need to tell you that I don't love you anymore?"
 
"Then tell me," her gaze is fixed on me, "do you love Yoon Hari? I understand if you chose Sunhyun. But Yoon Hari is-"
 
"It's not your business, Yuseon," I cut her complaint. She doesn't even know Hari! "It's my choice to fall in love with someone else."
 
Without waiting for her reply, I walk away to the direction which Hari and Yoseob heading. I must find them.
 
I must explain this misunderstanding to Hari.
 
 
♫ Cho Sunhyun ♫
 
I check my Twitter and find nothing interesting on my timeline. My roommates are talking about Jo Kwon and the other male participants.
 
"Lee Gikwang is handsome too!" one of them glances at me. "Tell me, Sunhyun, does he have a girlfriend?"
 
Before I can answer the question, the other girl with short brown hair chirps in, "I heard he dated Il Yuseon, the beauty queen. Is that true?"
 
"But I heard you are his girlfriend!" another one gasps in surprise. "It must be real fun to have such a handsome guy in your group!"
 
"Well, even my classmates sent him confession letters," another girl adds in. "He is really popular. I mean, oh come on, his abs, his voice, and his guitar skill?!"
 
They start to discuss about Gikwang without waiting for my respond, talking about how handsome he is, how talented he is, and how perfect he is.
 
A part of me wants to tell them that Gikwang is not the only male member in my group. We have Yoseob.
 
And he is talented. He can compose songs. He can play guitar and piano. His voice is beautiful and he is really gentle.
 
But I guess since he is new, his popularity can't be compared to Gikwang yet.
 
"I'm not his girlfriend," I say out loud to cut their random opinion. "I'm his best friend. That's all."
 
"How about Gikwang and Yuseon?" the girl with brown hair tilts her head, curious about my answer.
 
"They were lovers in past. They are only friends now," I try to answer it as short as possible to prevent any further questions. 
 
Suddenly someone knocks impatiently on the door. I quickly stand up to open the door and find Gikwang is panting, running out of breath.
 
"Hari...," he tries to control his breath. "Do you see her?"
 
"N-no," I answer with confusion. I step out from the cottage to avoid any possible rumor, closing the door behind me. "What's wrong? What happened?"
 
"Damn it," he curses, squatting down and bangs his forehead on his own knees. "I'm an idiot."
 
"Yah! What happened?!" I frown, trying to figure out. What happened between him and Hari?
 
"Help me find her," he stands up again. "I'll talk to you on the way."
 
Right when I want to storm inside to grab my jacket, my phone rings.
 
Yoseob.
 
"Yoseob? Are you with Hari?" I ask with panic. Gikwang's eyes widen when he heard me.
 
He grabs the phone from me to talk with Yoseob, "Yoseob! Where are you? Where is Hari?"
 
I don't know what Yoseob is talking with Gikwang but then Gikwang replies with desperation, "Please, Yoseob, I can explain it. It's not like what you thought. It's-"
 
Gikwang stops all of a sudden, listening to Yoseob for seconds. He sighs with frustration and shakes his head, "Tell her I'll explain to her tomorrow morning, alright?"
 
He nods slowly and then ends the conversation line. He returns my phone and clears his throat, "Hari is with Yoseob. She is safe."
 
I drag him away from the cottage, not even bothering to wear jacket. I need an explanation from him.
 
"What happened?" I cross my arms together. "What is it that you need to explain to Hari?"
 
"I...," he messes his own hair, staring at the ground. "She saw me and Yuseon."
 
"So?" I raise my eyebrow. I mean, she also saw them together this morning. What's wrong with that?
 
"She kissed me," he continues with short words that enough to make me drop my jaw.
 
"WHAT?!" I blurt out, extremely shock.
 
"She asked me back," he continues, rubbing his temple. "I don't know what she was thinking. Aish..."
 
"Was Yoseob with her when it happened?" I ask him, trying to calm down.
 
Gikwang gives me a slight nod, taking a deep breath, "Yoseob told me that she is with him now. He said that she doesn't want to see me now. No wonder."
 
At the very moment, even though I know how much it hurts if I am Hari, my heart also aches to know that Yoseob is the one who stays with Hari.
 
What if... Hari falls in love with him eventually?