.:21:. Broken : Fall

Have You Ever
♫ Yang Yoseob ♫
 
I rub my eyes and yawn. I only slept less than two hours but I must participate in the morning session today. All of us will walk in the forest, trying to find an inspiration related to nature for our night session.
 
Each group needs to prepare original poems by themselves to be presented tonight. The best one will be considered to be written as a song.
 
Hari is walking in silence, letting one by one participant walks pass her. She ignores her groupmates, giving them a weak smile when they ask her to fasten her pace.
 
I take a step closer to her but when I see Gikwang is walking to her as well, I stop immediately. I have promised him that he can talk to Hari today.
 
Hari stood up and turned around, running away because of the scene she just saw. I rushed to chase her because I didn't want to do something stupid; she couldn't think clearly right now.
 
She was running really fast but I was faster than her. I grabbed her wrist and stopped her, "Hari! Stop! Hari!"
 
She struggled to release my grip and I could see the tears were falling down.
 
Without even thinking twice, I pulled her into a hug. I buried my face in her hair, tightening my hug as I muttered, "I'm here, Hari. If it hurts you that much, think of me now."
 
She cried without voice, sobbing uncontrollably in my hug. I her hair, comforting her gently. It hurted me to see her like this.
 
Why couldn't I do something for her?
 
When she had controlled her tears, I led her to the empty cottage where Jo Kwon put extra musical instruments inside. I knew she didn't want Gikwang to find her right now.
 
She sat down on a chair and I sat next to her after I closed the door. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, pulling her close to me.
 
"I'm here for you," I kissed her forehead. "I'm always here for you, Hari."
 
She clutched my shirt and cried again. I wrapped my other arm around her waist, pulling her close.
 
I didn't know what I wanted to do right now other than to stop her tears. I wanted to scold Gikwang, no, I wanted to punch his face so he would know that he had made Hari to cry like this.
 
But it won't change anything.
 
No matter how mad I was with him, nothing could change the fact that Hari loved him with all her heart. And that's why she shed her tears.
 
And it won't change the fact that I loved Hari so much that I didn't want to hurt her. Maybe some guys would use this chance to win over her heart, to heal her wounded heart.
 
But I couldn't.
 
I didn't want to be the one she ran to because her heart was broken by Gikwang. I wanted her to love me because I was me.
 
Besides... would Sunhyun heart break if I confessed to Hari?
 
I called Sunhyun, and for my surprise, Gikwang snatched the phone from her and I ended up talking with him. He really wanted to talk with Hari but I couldn't let him.
 
I stayed with Hari until she stopped crying. I walked her back to her cottage, telling her to rest.
 
Hari quickly walks away when she finds that Gikwang is walking behind her. Gikwang chases after her and they turn to another direction, away from us.
 
I sigh. What should I do?
 
 
♫ Yoon Hari ♫
 
I sigh heavily. If it's not for Renaitre's reputation, I won't stay here any longer. To share one cottage and to work as a group with Yuseon are a great torture for my heart.
 
I know. It's not like she did things on purpose to hurt me. But my heart bleeds whenever I remember the scene of her and Gikwang were kissing.
 
If Yoseob wasn't with me last night, I don't know what I would do. I wanted to scream, to throw whatever I was feeling inside but I couldn't because I didn't have voice yet.
 
So I cried. I cried in Yoseob's hug. He didn't leave me even just for a second; he stayed with me until I stopped my tears.
 
"Hari," Yoseob cupped my cheeks with his hands so I looked directly at his eyes. "Whenever you feel that you want to cry, tell me. I will stay with you. Just like now."
 
I nodded and formed a smile since I couldn't say a word. I felt really comfortable with his gentle actions.
 
"Good," he smiled and kissed my forehead again. He rested his forehead on mine, holding both of my hands, "I will never leave you. I promise you."
 
I could feel my cheeks started to blush but, fortunately, because I just stopped crying, Yoseob didn't notice it. I returned his embrace gently even though my heart was beating faster now.
 
"Ah," he blinked and suddenly searched for something in his pocket. He pulled out a white whistle with silver chain. "Here."
 
He put it on my hand, "I don't know when you will have your voice back but we still have three days here. If you want me to come for you, blow the whistle."
 
He tucked my long hair behind my ear with a soft smile, "I will come for you no matter where you are."
 
I notice that someone is following me behind. I turn around and my eyes widen when I see Gikwang. He opens his mouth to say something but I run away from him quickly.
 
I take the turn to the deep of the forest. It's worse enough for me to face Yuseon. I don't know if she noticed my presence of not last night because she didn't say a single thing to me since the morning.
 
I don't need Gikwang to ruin my broken heart.
 
"Stop," he grabs my wrist firmly. "Hari, stop. Listen to me!"
 
He pins me to the trunk, making me to bump my back to the tree. I struggle and hit his chest rapidly with both of my fists, trying to push him away.
 
"Go...," I say with hoarse voice. I try my best not to say a single thing since the morning but I want him to go away.
 
Actually since yesterday, my voice is returning slowly but I kept silence, hoping it will return faster if I keep it that way.
 
"Go...," I force myself to speak but end up sounded like someone is choking me.
 
My tears betray my heart; they roll down on my cheeks. I don't want him to look at me like this.
 
Suddenly he grabs my wrists, pinning them on the trunk and crashes his lips on mine.
 
 
♫ Lee Gikwang ♫
 
The moment she ran away from me, I know she really didn't want to see me. But I can't let this misunderstanding fills her heart.
 
At least I want her to know that it's not me who kissed Yuseon. I didn't want to kiss her.
 
I don't know what good I can do with chasing her when she doesn't even want to look at me.
 
"Stop. Hari, stop," I grab her hand to stop her but she tries to pull away from me.
 
"Listen to me!" I pin her to the tree, feeling impatient. She hits my chest with her hands; she wants me to go away.
 
"Go...," she says with hoarse voice. She finally has her voice back and her first word is 'go', to push me away from her.
 
When I see her tears, my heart aches. I am the one who makes her like this.
 
I know she loves me. I know her heart must be really hurt when she saw Yuseon kissed me. I know she wants me to love her back.
 
With the urge of wanting her to stop crying, I pin both of her hands on the trunk and leans to kiss her lips. She bites her lips, doesn't want to return my kiss.
 
"I love you."
 
I murmur between the kiss and the word completely works the magic. She stops struggling and I feel safe to lose my grips on her hands.
 
I cup one of her cheeks with my hand while my other hand hugs her waist. She kisses me back slightly.
 
Right when she lifts her hands to wrap them around my neck, the voices interrupt us.
 
"Gikwang!" I know it's Yuseon's voice. "Where are you?"
 
"Il Yuseon! Stop!" Yoseob hisses. "I will find them. Go back to your group!"
 
Noticing the voices, Hari pushes me away. She covers with her hand and her tears keep rolling down endlessly.
 
She shakes her head, looking at me with disbelief look.
 
"Liar...," she mutters with her current voice. She coughs; I know must be really irritating since she forces herself to produce the voice she doesn't have back yet.
 
"No, Hari, I-" my words are cut off by Sunhyun's call.
 
"Lee Gikwang!" she stands not too far from us. Yoseob and Yuseon are standing right behind her. "What did you do?!"
 
I open my mouth to answer her but I stop when I notice Hari is running away again from me.
 
 
♫ Cho Sunhyun ♫
 
"Any inspiration?" Byunghee asks me casually. He is one of my groupmates for this camp. "I am not good in writing poems."
 
"Me neither," I answer politely. "It's Hari's task to write lyrics in my group. I guess I'm just not talented with words."
 
"Is that so?" he chuckles, looking at me with soft gaze while my other groupmates walk forward, discussing about another stuff. "But you're infamous, Sunhyun."
 
"It's nothing," I smile to him.
 
"You're beautiful," he compliments me. "No wonder your fans are all around campus."
 
"Thank you," I giggle and look around to find Hari. It's not the first time I received a compliment so I take it calmly. "I think Hari is more beautiful than me."
 
"Yoon Hari?" Byunghee frowns. I don't understand why people know me but don't know Hari. Seriously.
 
My eyes find Yuseon and Yoseob are heading to another direction of the forest. Where are they going?
 
"I'll be back," I mumble to Byunghee and follow them quickly. I have a really bad feeling because I don't see Hari or Gikwang around as well.
 
"Gikwang! Where are you?" Yuseon shouts when we are surrounded by taller trees.
 
"Il Yuseon! Stop!" Yoseob hisses with worried tone. "I'll find them! Go back to your group!"
 
"Yah!" I pull his sleeve until he turns to look at me with wide eyes, surprised with my presence. "What are you two doing?!"
 
That's when I see Gikwang and Hari under a big tree. From her gestures, I know Hari is crying. I rush to them and call Gikwang, "Lee Gikwang! What did you do?!"
 
Hari turns around and runs away. Without a word, Yoseob rushes to chase her. I give Gikwang a deadly  glare before following Yoseob behind.
 
"Hari!" Yoseob shouts to stop her. Both of us stop when she is standing at the edge of the slope.
 
She looks at us with teary eyes. Aigoo... what have Gikwang done to her?
 
"Hari, it's dangerous," Yoseob tries to pursuade her. "Come here. We'll talk, okay?"
 
Hari closes her ears with both of her hands, a sign that she doesn't want to hear anything. She shakes her head and takes a step backwards.
 
Her step reaches the very edge of the ground. She loses her balance and falls down.
 
"HARI!"